Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.482 or 3] Make Badges Prequisites for Promotion
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author [1.482 or 3] Make Badges Prequisites for Promotion
Chubba
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-21 07:21   
Yes i hate that they say they are reseaching defence bbut they are reseaching mineing. it is sad...

yeah yes i hope you have that

Sorn Duskryn -{Shadewalker}- -VA-
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-21 09:23   
yes, good idea

the only problem is, that you can get badges with grouping... i made about 600 from 1000 engineer points by grouping!

but i like the idea...

Email Sorn Duskryn -{Shadewalker}- -VA-   Goto the website of Sorn Duskryn -{Shadewalker}- -VA-
Sven
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-09-21 11:19   
Shmeh, this is an ok idea, but you flaming all the Rear admirals and saying thier all dumb was wrong! I'll hunt you down!
Anywho, some Rear admirals, not saying me, are slow, and dont rank up fast, but know what the hell they are doing

Sven Viking: Dynamiting himself to pieces since 5/30/2003!

Hawk™
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-21 11:31   
This is a stupid idea cause not everybody got the chance to learn how to play i mean i had some right behind me to tell me what to do.some people,like me,arent that good in combat.And some people arent good at building.This would make the game really hard for newbies to gain rank.If the tutorial was better yes,but with the current one no.

Email Hawk™
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-09-21 13:24   
Quote:

On 2003-09-21 11:31, TheEvilHawk wrote:
This is a stupid idea cause not everybody got the chance to learn how to play i mean i had some right behind me to tell me what to do.some people,like me,arent that good in combat.And some people arent good at building.This would make the game really hard for newbies to gain rank.If the tutorial was better yes,but with the current one no.

So your argument is that because some people don't learn how to play, it should be easier to gain rank?

I see your point about the tutorials being better, and eventually they will be, but honestly, rank doesn't mean enough in the current game (I have seen Fleet Admirals asking newbie questions because they didn't explore every aspect of the game).

The idea is not to make it harder to gain rank, dude. It just forces players to play (and get used to, aka learn) all aspects of gameplay rather than just focus on one or two strong points and get all the way to Fleet Admiral on those alone. When you think about that, to quote the Sarge from RvB, "That doesn't make a lick of sense!"

-Dem

Firekka
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-21 15:58   
I like the general idea but it limits the casual player in his options... some people just want to fight or sup or crash in planets all day long.. who cares they dont know how to build? it is their game and they can choose anything they wanna do imho.

I guess its all about the audience we wanna attract

Max Kepler
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2003-09-21 18:13   
Works for me!

Email Max Kepler   Goto the website of Max Kepler
DarkestVorlon
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-21 18:30   
Dem, that has to be the worst idea to come from yuor keyboard.

Reason being:

I come to DS with a love of ship-ship combat, NOT to sit infront of a bloody planet building buildings on it, but simply because I dislike and hate to sit infront of a planet doing that your going to penalise me by limiting my ability to gain rank? Your going to say that even if I had the capability to take out a EAD with a frigate(just a example here) that Ill be stuck at max of Lieutenent beacuse Im not a engineer? Sorry, but I cant support anything like that.
Former Member of Agents.
Former Member of NX.
Founding and former member of KIGR.

Email DarkestVorlon
Deleted
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-21 19:49   
is this a joke?

Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2003-09-21 20:07   
~The idea does seem mostly nice in theory. People have to do things they don't like in real life to support their families, friends, and themselves. I'm sure people do things in the armies and navies and air forces across the world that they don't agree with or love doing. But, the point here is that you're supposed to sacrifice your life to protect the very group you go for. If your faction needs a planet built, and there's no one available, you _need_ to build that planet. If someone needs supplying help, and there's no one available, you _need_ to repair that person. You may not like charging at people, shooting them... you may prefer the backlines. But you might have to step up and take that last swing sooner or later if it means preventing the enemy from capping that planet you worked so hard helping to defend.

~If someone wants the honor of the most prestigious title in the game, they should have to work their hiney off doing every single thing possible to get that said title. They should have to gain great honor in all sorts of fields in most, if not every single field, in order to take that final step into true greatness. With the way it is, around a week in the Fleet Admiral servers can turn you into a station-wielding megalomaniac (I apologize for the generalization... just using it as an example). If you have to work hard to earn that badge, though, and work in every field instead of just supplying until you get that 40,960 prestige... then you really deserve that title.

~Consequently, there is grouping, so it does take a bit of the oomph out of it... but, hey... *shrugs* What can you do?

Goto the website of Grimith
_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-21 20:20   
Quote:

On 2003-09-21 20:07, Grimith J. Reaper wrote:

~The idea does seem mostly nice in theory. People have to do things they don't like in real life to support their families, friends, and themselves. I'm sure people do things in the armies and navies and air forces across the world that they don't agree with or love doing. But, the point here is that you're supposed to sacrifice your life to protect the very group you go for. If your faction needs a planet built, and there's no one available, you _need_ to build that planet. If someone needs supplying help, and there's no one available, you _need_ to repair that person. You may not like charging at people, shooting them... you may prefer the backlines. But you might have to step up and take that last swing sooner or later if it means preventing the enemy from capping that planet you worked so hard helping to defend.

couldnt put it any better than that.
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Bad_Skeelz
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-21 20:34   
If I was going to say yes to this idea then I would, but only after everyone gets their rank, stats, and badges reset so only those who "deserve" to get the high ranks will get them. That way allt he stupid newbies who think its building and capping as are boring as watching paint dry will be limited to their 1-shot-kill frigates and will be limited to their role of being oh so many targets for people who "know" how to play.

I would also like to point out that the vast majority of the people voting "Yes" on this pro-powergamer system are already, to borrow one of thier terms, "station-wielding megalomaniacs" who are out of touch with the current newbie population.

-Excerpt from Vice Admiral Skeelz's court-martial regarding the malignant boiling and eating of K'luth prisoners of war.

Email Bad_Skeelz
Dark_vorbum {C?}
Fleet Admiral
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2003-09-21 21:03   
Great Idea Demo

Email Dark_vorbum {C?}
Darkheyr ={NuKe Squad}=
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-22 00:29   
[Dem - GAH!!! Dark, I was trying to quote your post and reply and I accidentally hit edit (it's late), and cleared it! Muchos apologies... please retype your post if you can...]

[ This Message was edited by: Demorian on 2003-09-22 00:46 ]

\"A little bit of weird with a dash of oddness.\" -Kitana

Email Darkheyr ={NuKe Squad}=
Seraph
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-22 00:39   
Sounds good

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028500 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR