No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [POLL] Staying with pace too unrealistic?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author [POLL] Staying with pace too unrealistic?
$wiss
Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-27 09:15   
5!!!!!1 Though i agree with the idea of beefing up the dread and station armor and weapons!!!

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-09-27 13:39   
only problem i have with befing up the dreds there is to many that can fly them to fast (read to fast ranking up )

making them more powerfull would leave no or little room for those that still cant get one

it need totaly reconstruction but i would wait to say anything to i knowswhat the jump in and out at full speed would do the the overall standings on the ship ballance.

i fear that small ships gona buy it realy fast

so 3.

i would prefer that any ajustment dont get done overall for all ships but for ship clases spicial 1 by 1

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
McSwindle
Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-27 14:22   

Email McSwindle
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-27 15:09   
Quote:

1) Speed needs to be extremely increased, Jump Drive engines take less time to charge, weapons do more dammage and hull decrease extremely.
More Aradeish approach. One on one combat takes less than 20 seconds.

Eww...

Quote:

2) Speed needs to be increased, Weapons do more dammage but hulls stay the same.
Mild Arcadeish approach. One on one combat takes 30 secs to 1 min.

Ick....

Quote:

3) Leave speed as is, no changes.

Bleah...

Quote:

4) Speed needs to slow down a bit, only thing changed is hull values increased.
Mild Real Time Tactics Approach. Speed slows to combat one on one for 5 -10 minutes.

Ugh...

Quote:

5) Speeds to be dramatically reduced to near Real- Real Time. JUmp Recharge takes longer, Weapons are more diverse and more strategized and les powerful. HUlls are increased massively.

The most realisic you can get approach. Ship to ship combat can take 10 minutes plus.

Ack...

I don't like any of these options.

Email Gideon
Depthcharge
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-09-27 15:17   
:-/

History Is Written By The Victors

Email Depthcharge   Goto the website of Depthcharge
Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-27 17:28   
I posted this some time ago, but I've had Ideas for what to do with the UGTO battle drea for some time.

UGTO needs some kind of heavy particle cannon. (Comparable to real life 12 and 24 inch Naval Artillery) Much slower recharge, slower bullet velocity, but much higher firepower. And Longer Range. These would be A new Mid Class of weapon.

- give the BD 3 medium weapon slots, in excange for 2 fighter bays (Since when do battle ships act as carriers?), and 1 weapon slot. Make the two existing heavy weapon slots full mounted.

Make 2 of the Meduim wepon slots forwards mounted, and make 1 full mounted.

Make 2 of the weapon slots port mounted, and another two starboard mounted.

This would add more diverse weaponry to the BD, while still making it so that all of it's firepower cannot be concentrated in one spot at the same time, leaving it vulnerable to attack by smaller ships from the proper angles.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2003-09-27 17:30   
Maybey you havent heard but, the Particle, Rail, and Psi cannons have all been beefed up. No need for an uber BD, were already getting one.

And Gideon, if they all are bad, make one up.

Specterx
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-09-27 21:56   
Ships with turrets man... a la Star Wars... that's the way to go.

I guess that makes my choice 5.

Email Specterx   Goto the website of Specterx
Nightmare
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-27 22:30   
I vote 5. I would also like to see an increase in the dreads armor and firepower.

Norman Schwartzkof

Email Nightmare
Anubis132
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-27 23:34   
hmm I'd say a little slower, like all ships should have their hull increased a lot, but what i really want is the torp cruisers ans AC's not to be able to kill a dread. I think the dreads should have a lot more hull and a lot more guns. I mean, just look at their size.

What is mind?
Doesn't matter.
What is matter?
Nevermind.

Goto the website of Anubis132
Acyllius
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-28 00:21   
This is my concern. An EAD/AD/Siphon/Ganglia can tac jump and destroy a dessie without a problem. It has no chance at all. I don't mean a dessie should be able to beat a Dread, but a dread tac jump is by far the most deadly tactic in this game against little ships and if you make dreads MORE powerful, I would be afraid to leave my home systems without at LEAST 1 dread to divert a bigger ships attention. No one is probably going to agree with me but I wanted to say it anyway. I wouldn't mind it being a little slower.

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-28 00:29   
Wow Gideon, five 1 syllable words in a row! Next you'll be tackling adjectives on a weekly basis!

And 5.

Bad_Skeelz
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-28 00:38   
Quote:

5) Speeds to be dramatically reduced to near Real- Real Time. JUmp Recharge takes longer, Weapons are more diverse and more strategized and les powerful. HUlls are increased massively.

This has been on mine since this topic came up. If you wanted to make DS combat more "realistic" i.e. like modern naval combat, I think it would look somehting like this (note: I'm not a naval expert but from what I've peiced together this seems to be the way navies work nowadays):

Ship armor wouldn't matter diddily-squat, see below.

Missles would be SUPREME. One hit from a missle could destroy anything smaller than a cruiser.

Cannons (railgun, part. cannon, psi cannon) would have a limited roll as last ditch close defense.

___
Modern warships are weak, long range weapon platforms, not the throwing-punches-ubership that most people seem to want. They get put out of action by terrorists crashing a pleasure boat full of explosives into the side. Torpedos, mines, and missles are all capable of sinking ships in one shot if they get through the defenses. If you people want "realistic" combat then you would ahve to have a lot more carrier and missle ships, with destroyers and frigates providing a defensive screen. Of course no one would want to be a destroyer or frigate because if a missle got through then their toast. Also mines would be alot more effective than they already are and torpedos...well considering their self-contained nuclear explosions I would imagine one direct hit form one would be pretty damn devestating to light ships and more than a pain in the arse for capital ships.

-Excerpt from Vice Admiral Skeelz's court-martial regarding the malignant boiling and eating of K'luth prisoners of war.

Email Bad_Skeelz
Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-09-28 00:45   
5) Without the reduced jump speeds...

Lupino
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-28 01:38   
You do realize, Bad, that that Idea would make about half of the DS ships for both sides useless, right?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024082 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR