No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » P weapons
 Author P weapons
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-03 16:17   
that P stand for proton this post is all about Proton Weapons PCMs P Torps and some others that i just came up with ok the new ones
C-PCM:its a cluster PCM if u remember robotech u must remember the cluster missles think that except one that bring a huge blast wave per missle

each C-PCM has 1 main warhead and 4 other weaker Mirv PCMs u can set ur missles to single target mode (u select one target C-PCM breaks apart a little while after launch and the 5 missles go after a single target)
or multi target select one target for the main warhead and then u can pick out targets from a list once all targets are selected fire ur PCM and the missles will go after their designated target if they can't locate the designated target then they go for the biggest and closest target they can find
Note:C-PCMs Mirvs Missles are blind till their within 500 gu of a target then they pick out that target unless u preset the target for each mirv

and the other new weapon
P-Bomb:think a larger then normal Mirv Bomb with a PCM warhead this uses the Heavy Bomb slot has a slightly larger yield than PCM (or proposed C-PCM unless all the missles hit the same target) 3 bombs per launcher for these weapons

also one new weapon this ones a mine
P-Mine:just what its says its a Proton mines these come in 2 flavors
PTMine:this shoots a single Proton torpedo at the first target that comes within range it will not shoot friendlys however

now the second version
PMine:this uses a PCM warhead for a mine no missle just the warhead detonates when target comes within lethal range (50gu) nasty effect on crusiers and dreads

what do u think

Email A Troll =SSC=
Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-03 17:16   
Quote:

On 2003-09-03 16:17, Cobra 1-1 wrote:

what do u think

You should stop smoking whatever youre smoking....

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-03 17:44   
or maybe start smoking whatever hes not smoking..

Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-09-03 18:53   
Quote:

On 2003-09-03 17:16, Daimen -demented madman- wrote:
Quote:

what do u think

You should stop smoking whatever youre smoking....

Indeed...

Quistis {C?}
Cadet
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2003-09-03 21:24   
OMG Tough Crowd here!

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-04 14:54   
um cut the crap and tell me what u think about the idea k

Email A Troll =SSC=
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-09-04 15:40   
Well i like the idea of a Weapons mine that can shoot a few shots b4 going boom.

Try and work that idea out and i think you got a winner.

- Axi

Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-04 15:41   
"read between the lines"

my teacher often told me that when he launched a barrage of Insults in my direction, disguised as nice and friendly words....

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-04 16:21   
ok how bout this Proton Torp Mine:this shoots 3-4 torps at u before it explodes individual mines aren't effective against dreads but run into a large group of these mines then u can kiss ur ship good bye
these fire automatically at u once u enter 200 gu once u are within range u detect the mines but by then u got P torps headed ur way

Email A Troll =SSC=
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-04 16:27   
see that ead youre hunting? see those 6 p mines its droping? see those 3*6/4*6 p torps coming to you? See him droping another load? and another, and another.....

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-04 16:55   
by the way the mines need to wait a while after being dropped to become operational this is so u can't just drop em and run.
u gotta wait for a moment for each mine group to arm,activate sensors,activate IFF so they don't shoot friendlys,and load the first torp into the chamber. this takes several seconds.

Email A Troll =SSC=
Spiffmode the Unimpressed
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-04 19:07   
that P stand for proton this post is all about Proton Weapons PCMs P Torps and some others that i just came up with ok the new ones
C-PCM:its a cluster PCM if u remember robotech u must remember the cluster missles think that except one that bring a huge blast wave per missle

No, we dont need more objects, we need durable objects that would have the same effect

each C-PCM has 1 main warhead and 4 other weaker Mirv PCMs u can set ur missles to single target mode (u select one target C-PCM breaks apart a little while after launch and the 5 missles go after a single target)
or multi target select one target for the main warhead and then u can pick out targets from a list once all targets are selected fire ur PCM and the missles will go after their designated target if they can't locate the designated target then they go for the biggest and closest target they can find
Note:C-PCMs Mirvs Missles are blind till their within 500 gu of a target then they pick out that target unless u preset the target for each mirv

Sounds kinda complicated, then again this is what I think of when I think of MIRV (from bookshelf)
MIRV - An offensive ballistic missile system in which a number of warheads aimed at independent targets can be launched by a single booster rocket.

and the other new weapon
P-Bomb:think a larger then normal Mirv Bomb with a PCM warhead this uses the Heavy Bomb slot has a slightly larger yield than PCM (or proposed C-PCM unless all the missles hit the same target) 3 bombs per launcher for these weapons

Nice, I like this, so you can actually use Hv. Bomb slot for items other then PCM, would make a devistating bomb though, would have to be slower then MIRV/Bio or would have to have a LONG reload time

also one new weapon this ones a mine
P-Mine:just what its says its a Proton mines these come in 2 flavors
PTMine:this shoots a single Proton torpedo at the first target that comes within range it will not shoot friendlys however

now the second version
PMine:this uses a PCM warhead for a mine no missle just the warhead detonates when target comes within lethal range (50gu) nasty effect on crusiers and dreads

The second isnt needed, we have enough mines.
The first I like, to a point. It wouldnt be fun if your team mate was running to your uberminefield only to get FF'd when the mines aim for the enemy but hit your team mate.

what do u think

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-04 19:29   
I like it ur suggestions by the way once the PTMine is deployed it isn't armed immedietely like the current mines.

it takes several seconds for the mine to arm the 4 torps (i decided to add some more torps so its more useful)
activate the silent FCR (its uses a special scanner to pick up targets this is different from the regular as it doesn't make a visible pulse)
and for the firing mechanism to be prepared and torps loaded.

this is to prevent u from just laying these PTMines in front of someone so they shoot on deployment.
the arming process itself takes 5-10 seconds

Email A Troll =SSC=
Page created in 0.020444 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR