No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » AM Reactors (Kluth only)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author AM Reactors (Kluth only)
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-03 15:44   
heres the idea take the fusion reactor away from the kluth give em something better Anti Matter Reactors they come in 500 1000 and 1500 like the F Reactors but each AM reactor is worth 2 F Reactors of the same class
also about planetary structures currently the kluth uses fusion reactors (and solars duh) replace the fusions with AMs these give 60 power instead of 40 (isn't that what the current fusions give out 40 power)

anyway the AM reactors would have one problem with them (to balance out the increased power output)if they started taking too much damage (the reactors themselves) they can explode causing very bad damage to the ship which really doesn't matter at that point cause ur ships probably dead in the water by the time the AMs go critical
which is a good thing if the enemy ship is close cause it should have a tendency to "bring them down with u"

Email A Troll =SSC=
thebold
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-09-03 15:47   
ive read 2 lines and i wouldent think no one would agree with this.. a cruiser with one of these reactors or a small dessy would have more power... its just not feasble in the current game status.. however it mgith eb toned down and used for the beta that could work

Crash003
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-03 15:51   
i would like to see an anti-ship bomb that can be bought from a starport and can be installed into a cargo space... then when the player dies.. it multiplies the SD damage of the ship 2 fold

but since people can be boarded... the inf can detonate the bomb causeing the player to blow up

heck... if this gets made the station might have some use again

Email Crash003   Goto the website of Crash003
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-03 15:55   
its a kluth only by the way it adds extra risk to whoever that choses to use it
by the way how bout giving scanners the ability to target enemy ship systems that way u can target the reactors

damage it to 70% it loses efficiency 60%-50% and under u begin getting warning about the possibility of the reactor detonating and destroying ur ship 40-20% u are in dire risk of a reactor going critical any lower ur reactor begins exploding and once it gets to 0% (no need to fire at the reactor once its at like 15% it'll destroy itself and the ship) the kluth ship blows up i don't want to see the power output change but u can lower it a bit but it has to be double that of a fusion reactor (AM reactors are supposed to be better otherwise i wouldn't have thought of posting about it) but maybe it should be better now

Email A Troll =SSC=
Firekka
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-03 16:04   
make it interesting and put it in the autorepair slot after all it generates so much energy that the autorepair wont work anyways

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-03 16:06   
also only dreads stations and select cruisers can use these Reactors destroyers couldn't possibly fit them some cruisers have enough room to fit them but they loose cargo space in the process a dread is the perfect ship for a reactor we can make them MV only
also i would like to see it tested in beta

Email A Troll =SSC=
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2003-09-03 16:50   
I thought the idea behind kluth ships was that they use hit and run tactics. Fusion reactor already go along way toward giving them the ability to stay in battle for longer, giving them a more powerful reactor will tip the balance further.

How about if the new reactor damages itself when its in use. It would add some tactics into using it and restrict how long it could be used for. If u dont switch it off in time, it would melt down and cause serious system damage maybe.

Rogue Spear
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-09-03 17:05   
I think Anti matter reactors are a good idea

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-03 17:15   
one word: Flux.

Reactor go bo0m when critical damage? never seen your systems drop down in seconds when geting flux cannoned, Cl2ked and Flux waved at once?

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2003-09-03 18:16   
Pretty powerful persuasion to NOT use one, then.

Email Jim Starluck
Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-09-03 18:49   
Yeahhh...sure...while were at it, why dont we take away the ICC's and UGTO's weapons and armor/shielding?

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-03 19:45   
K'luth are bad enough with 1500 Reactors, giving them access to another uber component doesn't help anything.

Email Tbone
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-04 15:07   
then i'll give the Humans a Proton Reactor both ICC and UGTO can use them (or maybe we just leave Fusion reactor to ICC and give UGTO the Proton Reactor) this is 1.5 times better than the fusion but .5 times weaker than AM its advantages are its very durable no risk of meltdown,and can be used to speed up reload process (u can decide where the power goes and how much)

the reason the AM reactors are dangerous to use if they take too much damage is cause naturally Anti Matter is unstable the K'luth some how found a way to stabilize Anti Matter and managed to use it in engines weapons and now reactors

The AM Reactor has a special substance to keep the AM under control
if u cause enough damage to the reactor once u took care of the ships armor and destroyed the reactors armor (i decided to give the AM Reactor a Heavy armor to prevent the Reactor from getting too much damage that the "shielding" around the AM develops a breach,AM goes out the breach ur ship is destroyed from within) it will go critical u lose ur ship when that happens.

AM Reactors are made to be quite hard to destroy so this may not happen
to u but i decided to add that risk to balance out the power advantage u gain from using them

Email A Troll =SSC=
Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-09-04 15:26   
Yeah, and I'll give Cobra a book on how to use a period(.) It seems our creative friend knows his math well enough when he gets all hyped up about gaming, but normal typing skills go out the window. Try and use some punctuation once in a while.

Holy run-on sentence Batman!

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-09-04 15:32   
And now on to the suggestion. An interesting idea in principle, but I do believe that future releases, I.E. 1.482, will be balancing the issues that are currently making the game less playable than it should be. One of those fixes will be the nerfing of cross faction tech, so its possible k'luth will control ALL AM tech, and lose the use of reactors completely, which IMO would fix a lot of the game issues immediately. No more overpowered k'luth with cl2ks and fast recharge, and no more ICC running 2 reactors flying full speed and firing without power drain.

I may LOVE my uber ACs, but I think that power management should be re-added back into the game. It makes people have to seriously fly their crafts with skill and strategy to destroy a ship the quickest way possible, without running out of power and being a sitting duck.

Interesting theories though.

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022584 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR