No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Sol System Planets
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Sol System Planets
Schakal*
Cadet
eXcellent Strategists

Posted: 2003-09-03 05:46   
I think the Idea of a uncapable Homesystem is great - if they get it, a wonder.. and 20k points - all that helped there =)

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-03 06:37   
thats all very nice. but the current solar systems we can built are not very well suited to represent realistic planet conditions.

we'd need more detailed influence on stuff like surface, athmosphere, seismic activity, etcppppp...

i dont think you can make a really good realistic (sol) map with our predefined planet types.

Depthcharge
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-09-03 07:33   
And all i have to say it: "Hmmmmmm."

History Is Written By The Victors

Email Depthcharge   Goto the website of Depthcharge
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-03 08:21   
/me thinks Ficts beat Facts.

Futuristic Space Game we be playin here.

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Valerius{DK}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-03 11:33   
G, it's a VERY big map to say the least, but since you are so fond of facts, try changing the name of one of the moons at Mars, currently they are both name Phobos

Myon

Email Valerius{DK}
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2003-09-03 11:49   
Quote:

On 2003-09-03 00:08, II wrote:
I'd like to bring up the point that Earth's orbit should be roughly 93 MILLION miles from the sun. That means if you figure out the conversion to g/u, ALL Of darkspace is massively out of proportion. (IE: Dreads larger than planets.)

Because of this, ALL planets would need to be resized to fit in properly with the model sizes of ships. Also, faster than light travel at 1000g/u a second or whatever the speed is now, IS NOT Faster than light.

Get picky, and get the game made right!

the time it takes light from the sun to earth is about 5/7 minutes (dont know precice) a normal tac drive from earth to sol is like 16 seconds i think it it faster than light or

LIKE EVERY ONE TELS HERE THE MAPS ARE WAY TO SMALL

PS i would like to see a full size planet and a litle scout in orbit

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-09-03 12:33   
96 worlds whoa! I wasn't thinking that! I was thinking of turning three habitable planets to gas and inferno and adding a few moons. Net result would be an increase of maybe 4 more habitable planets tops. I don't think 4 more is bad considering the size of Sol.

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-09-03 13:12   
Idea,

make a too scale map, junk capt server for a night, and lets party in there for a night..

OFP
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-03 13:17   
Quote:

On 2003-09-03 04:47, Azure.co.uk wrote:
Map is poo, sorry, but the amount of new death stars? Mars with 2 death stars!? Please not another Barnards... plus it is just a game. Though the positioning looks nice but 96 planets?

[ This Message was edited by: Azure.co.uk on 2003-09-03 05:02 ]

Did you go read the info I gave you for the web site info on the planets and there moons?

Because that is what I used as a refrence. Most mooons are very small or not larger then ours. Yes some are, but most our like rocks cought in a orbit around a planet.

Yes there is 96 worlds in our solar system and counting...

OFP
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-03 13:27   
Quote:

On 2003-09-03 11:33, {KD}enilnoyM wrote:
G, it's a VERY big map to say the least, but since you are so fond of facts, try changing the name of one of the moons at Mars, currently they are both name Phobos

Myon

No that is a mistake not a fact lol.

I made a mistake there. I saw that last night. I will change it in the future. I also will change the size of the map it will get even bigger. But it will be just the planets.

If you look at the data that is provided. Most of these moons are from 50 to 5,000 km apart. That's very close in space distance. I mean geez some of these moons exchange orbits with other moons they are so close.
Yes of course some are over 7 million km apart but only a few are like this.
Look at saturn it has 4 moons that are called shepard moons. Because they keep the debrie in the rings around saturn in place. If you look at saturn they are there.
I guess next I will add movement to them and guess at there speed to gu speed.

GO LOOK at the planet data on there moons this is what I used to do.

O I did find another mistake but nobody brought it up to me yet

I wonder if anyone will see it?

OFP
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-03 13:33   
Quote:

On 2003-09-03 05:46, Schak'JaJ wrote:
I think the Idea of a uncapable Homesystem is great - if they get it, a wonder.. and 20k points - all that helped there =)

Ya know what I think that woudl be a good Idea it would take a real large fleet to cap it and allot of lag to LOL...

But each time you attack you really have to have in place a line of defense agaisnt the planets.

Would be ONE hell of a Fight I would love to see it and be in it attacking or defending...

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-09-03 13:33   
Char...wow what an idea! Sounds fun!

You do know, though, that if the Sol map were to scale it would be almost as big as the MV?

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-09-03 13:43   
i havent read the whole topic- just giving my two cents: based on some recent reading I did, Jupiter has waay more than 12 unofficial satellites- 32 satellites altogether at least, but we find more practically daily. If you want be REALLY nitpicky about it, Earth has two satellites, but the second would be impossible to successfully render using the games present Orbit controls (it swings in a horseshoe-pattern). That said, one could also vouch for a black hole where the 'nemesis star' was predicted (I havent read up on it recently, last I checked the sci's had predicted a gravity source behind a field of dust and asteroids behind Pluto that was responsible for its crazy orbit).

OFP
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-03 13:55   
Quote:

On 2003-09-03 13:43, Wolfram {C?} wrote:
i havent read the whole topic- just giving my two cents: based on some recent reading I did, Jupiter has waay more than 12 unofficial satellites- 32 satellites altogether at least, but we find more practically daily. If you want be REALLY nitpicky about it, Earth has two satellites, but the second would be impossible to successfully render using the games present Orbit controls (it swings in a horseshoe-pattern). That said, one could also vouch for a black hole where the 'nemesis star' was predicted (I havent read up on it recently, last I checked the sci's had predicted a gravity source behind a field of dust and asteroids behind Pluto that was responsible for its crazy orbit).

I only put up the Official named moons not the unofficial ones. Besides that's allot of planets to be doing. So I just did only the official ones and kept it at that.
Yes your right there are unofficial ones out there. I just didn't count them because they are unofficial...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.024210 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR