No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Armored Units and infantry weaponry etc.
 Author Armored Units and infantry weaponry etc.
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-31 16:11   
ok i think Dev department is already planning the introduction of armored units into DS but some ideas ok armored units require that they be built at a factory (the tanks have to be built at a factory)
special war factories that are geared specificially to producing weaponry and vehicles should also be added (any factory can build weapons and tanks but war factories build them faster and in more quantitys at a time)

basically to create armored units u build a armored unit from barracks then issue their weapons and vehicles to them (this process is done automatically) also u should be able to produce better tanks ok basic tank for UGTO M-1A10 120mm smoothbore HV-AT-AP-HE-AA cannon (useful againt tanks infatry structures and even Aircraft) the standard UGTO MBT upgraded version XM-1A-11 150mm Particle cannon with ATG-ATA missles and the best of the UGTO tanks M-247 2 Particle Cannons 150mm 50mm light AA gattling gun also has room to carry a squad of infantry and the Ultimate ground unit Mk-1 Battle Fortress 4 150mm particle cannons heavy AA guns port holes for infantry to fire at enemy AA AGM missles able to runover walls crush tanks can carry 2 platoons of elite UGTO Marines or Shocktroops can carry 8 suits of power armor and 8 shock troops
also infantry weapons also have to be constructed war factories can devote their production cappacity to say 20% M-247 production 40%M1-A10 production and 40% M16A4 pulse rifle production
the more war factories u have the more weapons and ammo u can produce
the standerd UGTO infantry weapon (i'm using UGTO for an example) is the M-16 A-4 Assualt rifle u can also produce machineguns upgrade infantry battle armor give them better weapons to improve their performance in combat also power armor can be produced units equipped with them are greatly increased in effectiveness but however they can be only carried in dropships (not the drop pods drop ships these should carry the armored units and special shock troops units)and also can only used by specially trained shock troopers which limits their availibility plus takes cyrometals DM urd Heavy metals and metals to construct and takes 5 minutes per suit to produce in a war factory (which is the only place these suit can be produced) so tell me what u think

[ This Message was edited by: Cobra 1-1 on 2003-08-31 19:03 ]

Email A Troll =SSC=
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-31 16:39   
Using "Enter" MAkes long posts Readable
I got lost around the 3d line :/

Goto the website of Barthezzz
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-31 19:02   
um this is a post about armored units not about pressing enter now do u got anything to say about my idea or not
by the way just fixed it

[ This Message was edited by: Cobra 1-1 on 2003-08-31 19:04 ]

Email A Troll =SSC=
Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-08-31 22:45   
And, if you ever get around to implementing the physics of Gravity, you can make it so different planets have differnt gravity strengths, and therefore, effects infantry efficency.
For example, ICC's inf could fight on a low grav planet with no penalty, moderate with a -25% penalty, on a high gravity planet with a -50% penalty. This can be sorted by planet size, in the editor list. Large=High grav, med=normal grav, small=low grav
UGTO troops can fight in normal grav with no penalty, and -25% in high/low gravity planets
K'Luth can be a High gravity, which means that they would have a -25% on a moderate gravity planet, -50% on a high gravity planet.

How the %s can be done, is that if you have -25%, you need 1.5 more inf then the enemy, with -50%, you'd need 2 more inf then the enemy, of the same class. This would undoubtedly make captureing planets MUCH harder... Also would mean that a defender can have a penalty, making planets of that type harder to hold...
To remove these penaltys, youd need something like an artifical gravity suit, that would normalize the gravity fields around the suit... (I haven't thought this part much)
You can also create building penaltys with this as well.
To remove the gravity penalty on the planets for the defenders, rather then building suits for every single troop, a new building can be interduced, a Gravity Generator, which makes the gravity fields of the planet the same as the species' normal (or pretty close, within reasonable limits... Wouldn't want to use one in a Gas Giant cluster, when the moons can be drawn into eachother)

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-31 23:05   
Hmm, I couldn't read the whole post (too many numbers not enough spaces...it really does hurt the eyes!), but in simplified form you're saying this:

Armored units are stronger than infantry, need to be built at a factory or maybe a new special war factory and when onboard a ship they obviously can't defend it from enemy infantry boarding it.

The rest of the post seems too complicated to implement. Good ideas, but it just can't fit in the game. Gotta keep the ideas as simple as you can Cobra The more complicated, the less likely it is we will see it implemented I think.

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2003-08-31 23:09 ]

Deleted
Marshal

Posted: 2003-09-01 00:45   
Quote:

On 2003-08-31 16:39, Barthezzz wrote:
Using "Enter" MAkes long posts Readable
I got lost around the 3d line :/

Using "Deoderant" makes people smell better.
I fainted around the first line. :/

T|t@n {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-01 09:48   
but you should keep in mind that the gravity of an object in space is not only calculated by its size but also by its rotationspeed, his magnatic field and many more things i dont know......

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-01 11:00   
okmy idea simplified armored units require barracks and factories to construct (preferably war factories) the barrracks to train the crews and the factories to build the tanks also their should be 3 different kind of tanks the standard.heavy,and Assualt tank the ugto versions are 1. 120mm smoothbore tank M1-A4

2.M1-A5 with 2 120mm cannons plus 50. AA (nice 2 cannons) increases effectiveness by 25%
and the best tank
3. M157 2 150mm particle cannons plus 50mm gattling gun for AAA and light Ground units increases units effectiveness by 50%can only be built at war factory M157 assualt tank is also equipped with 2 missle launchers for AG and AA targets

the combnat effectiveness upgrades only apply fully if the armored unit is made up entirely of one type of tank also u can have APCs built which can be issued to infantry and cavalry units to increase their mobility

also during the batttle to take control of a planet u need to keep ur boys on the ground supplied this will be done automatically maybe using an AI controlled ship (or not)
also about the gravity idea sounds good

by the way to deliver armoured units to a planet u have to use special dropships not the drop pods used to carry infantry units u need a dropship to carry the tanks and stuff to the surface either that or launch the vehicles down in reentry pods
what do u think

Email A Troll =SSC=
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-01 12:07   
oh yeah u should also have to produce infantry weapons at a factory or war factory (warfactorys spit out 10 weapons a minutes and 8 tanks every 4 minutes 2 tanks per minute )

thats ur machine guns Assualt rifles optional grenade launchers battle armor,etc.
oh and the ammo that goes with them

Email A Troll =SSC=
Page created in 0.019625 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR