No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +22.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Stations the big change * VERY LONG better get a drink ;) *
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Stations the big change * VERY LONG better get a drink ;) *
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-31 20:08   
its a super carrier flat top kind of ship its supposed to be able to launch 8 of the current fighters 8 of the new interceptors and 4 bombers also 4 dropships and some VTOL fighters

Email A Troll =SSC=
Hussaro
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-01 05:18   
I say YAAAY to some changes in stations... (allthough some feeling tells me that will be arranged in the patch AFTER the Great Patch...

I also think they need to twig the scouts a little bit... UGTO have the assault scout that can be modded into a flux scout... I just think ICC and Kluth deserve sush a scout too... Not a flux scout but something different they all fear =)...

But don't touch the Stinger!!!!

kid neo
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-01 06:01   
Well formed idea!

Upgrading the whole station concept will lead to different ways of tactical and strategic playing. Being honest, I never understood what the whole point was of having such weak stations. I mean, look at those GOTHA-3 battle stations in Star Wars able to take on 3 star destroyer simultaneously.

The thought behind is obvious. A battle stations needs to be able to scatter 1 battelship in notime. After all, its supposed to be the heaviest category fractions can build. So go on and upgrade them to ultimo!

Email kid neo
T|t@n {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-01 10:07   
i like it...

but i would implement something like an mobile barrack for that station with 25x troop ...

you would need metal oxigen and maybe some 3rd res, which would be stored in a quantitiy of 250 or so to build inf. every 2 minutes an inf pops out and you need transporters to deliver the res to the station...

change res to be only transported by trannies so now combat can deliver it...

would be very cool in a mv without jumpgates and without scenario server cuz you dont have to fly to a another system to get new inf..

deaddog
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-01 13:14   
like the idea but like what other people are saying would like to see more missiles lots more like 10 it or in kluth psi for longer range since it cant move

and also any good idea will take about 5 years to be implimented since the dark space teams seem to be stoned all the time and cant really seem to get things dun quickly

Email deaddog
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-09-01 13:22   
Well i heard you say about the lack of serious long range weapons so on popular demand added some IT's to the humans and increased the Psi on Kluth.
Of course the will go at the cost of torps

But please keep in mind that the added fighters are whit the new types in mind so they should be VERY effective when they come out

[ This Message was edited by: Axianda *XO* on 2003-09-01 13:22 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Axianda *XO* on 2003-09-01 13:26 ]

- Axi

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-09-01 14:13   
I think making them immobile is a good idea, same with making them stronger. It should require a fleet to take one down. However, they are also too easy to get. They'll be a little more difficult in the next patch, put still fairly easy to obtain.

If they are immobile, we will need a way to deploy them, other then the shipyards. So, I propose an addition to the Engineer class.
The Platfrom Engineer
It comes with its own special build, that can not be replaced, or used by any other faction. This build would fit in with the Platforms addition patch, as it would build these Platforms.
As well, it would be able to build the stations. Stations would then require an x amount of resources to build. This way, they can be built in deep space as well. These can even help with tradeing between systems that are too far out, and don't have all the neccessary resources in the system. This makes it a little easyer to trade between, say Van Maanen, and Wolf. The station would act as a tradeing center between systems that are too far out. Anyway, this makes them easyer to deploy, then simply poping out of the shipyards.
You'd require Gold Engineer, Gold Transport.
And Fleet Admiral rank.
You would be able to take control of these stations, or it would be controlled by an AI. (This would not be hard to implement. All it would do is repair any friendlys that stopped by, and itself, and shoot any enemy that goes by. Kinda like a Depot, DBase mix) Obviously, they would be killable. These can also serve as jumping off points for invadeing enemy systems. This can be done by making them act like a sort of Shipyards. They would be visable from a large distance, say, 50,000 gu, so that enemy fleets can find them more easily. They are captureable, but if controlled by AI, it can be implemented that there is a chance the station will self-destruct to avoid capture. And they would have infinite supply.

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-09-01 14:54   
Platforms are for 1482 if i remember correctly.

the way to deploy em is just jump/worm your way to your target simple.

- Axi

Solo Artist ™
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-01 15:13   
sounds great! we will impliment these chganges in the next patch, should be 2 - 3 years away in the mean time we will be looking for more mods to watch the chat channels so people dont use that naughty naughty language, as you can see we have all of our energy and focus on being a 10 dollar chat monitoring company that has a cool game you can play.

sometime b4 christmas '02

"we hope to have this patch out for a christmas present for you"

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-01 15:30   
maybe we should ditch player-controlled stations altogether; or:

docked FA's could control the station, which could serve as docking platform.. just an idea..

jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2003-09-01 15:30   
if you can't move, how do you orbit to refill your drones (ultra-precise jump?), how do you avoid jump gates if you come out of one? you'd be doing lots of double/triple jumping.
jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-01 15:38   
drone bays could load resources to refill.

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-09-01 15:49   
Quote:

On 2003-09-01 15:38, sono [Quistis for [Admin]] wrote:
drone bays could load resources to refill.

/me begins applauding sono.

very nice

- Axi

Depthcharge
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-09-01 15:58   
looks good.

History Is Written By The Victors

Email Depthcharge   Goto the website of Depthcharge
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2003-09-01 17:39   
lets give all stations one IE one jump and one wormholedevice
i would say 1gu/s ok ok ja i mean that
the problem is if you talk about jumping no care about direction how you gona fly the station if you have 1GU/s

btw i dont think you have noticed your own on that first hive station
[qoute]

Cloaking device 1x ECMm 3x
Reload 2x IE drive 6x
Autorepair 1x Tachyon Drive*wormhole* 1x
Heavy Armor 4x
[/qoute]
this is what i mean 6IE but how can we stear

and ya nice idee
would love to modd one of those (first gona make FA )

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024414 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR