No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » The beta Good, the Beta Bad, the Beta Ugly.
 Author The beta Good, the Beta Bad, the Beta Ugly.
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-30 18:15   

Today after being sincerily board with FA and seeings how I needed to go somewhere I decided to see IF I could check out Beta.

I finnally got in for the first time [thanks god] for about 10 minutes, and in that time explored any and all options I could.

The Good

-The new interface is fantasic, and being able to have the repair cue without F3 is a major help. The jumps are perfect and pretty much eliminate normal uses for manual jumping. I real time saver.

-The infantry drop pods make an excelent addition and provides a new level of realisim to the game, its also nice to see that the large hitboxes are gone.

The Bad

-I found the FPS to be tad chuggy [normally dont have this problem] and it makes things a little more drawn out.

-The team selection is bugged, tried to select K'luth [when it was selectable] and it said the team was full, additionally, everything is selectable which makes things a little confusing, you also dont see the number of players on each faction.

-Found that exiting the jumpgate and then trying to renter is impossible, you have to exit the safe zone and head back in.

The horribly Ugly

-Reconnection to server is still not possible, it would pose severe problems if this bug were to go into the main game with the rest of the new stuff. You have more work on your hands.

-Enterprise

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-08-30 21:06   
So is this the same beta version that was being ran when I left last year or has the main game been updated?

Email Bobamelius
Daylight \"The Beginning\"
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-30 21:10   
Same beta but A LOT more added and ready to go....Try it out

Email Daylight \
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-08-30 21:37   
What about the main game? Has it been updated at all?

Email Bobamelius
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-30 22:14   
Team selection I think is done that way on purpose now. You can't see the number of players on each team or the number of planets they have. And even if a team is full it's name still appears.

As for reconnecting...hmm I reconnect all the time. In fact I HAVE to reconnect (along with every other person) at almost regular intervals to fix the out of syncs. You may be talking about something completely different, but if not, try /server to get the #, then /connect #. It will update your client and you may find you need to do it a lot until Faustus clears up the code some more.

Beware though...this duplicates your garage with ships you can't get rid of, dont do it TOO much! In the scenarios it's not bad but in beta MV I wound up duplicating a bazillion ships I couldn't get rid of and they covered up the entire ship selection box! I couldn't even find that SELECT button anymore.

Page created in 0.008814 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR