No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Ship Capping
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Ship Capping
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-30 12:36   
why aren't u able to use the ships u capture after all u captured it should be yours to use

Email A Troll =SSC=
Ash'elth
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-08-30 12:37   
Because we were having transports capturing dreads before the dreads could destroy the transports...

XxIceDreamxX {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-30 12:53   
simple.. dreads should have a marine platoon slot

really..i can..

Email XxIceDreamxX {C?}
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-30 14:46   
ok, if you have a Marine Platoon on the Dread.

Dread Is this big
[====================================================]
can hold 6 troops normally...

tranny is this big
[=======]
can hold ten troops, like a sardine can

So one might wonder why cant you have some Platoon troopers or some navy guys with the shinney black helmuts... or maybe some internal defenses like blasters in the hallways or maybe a garbage pit filled with stryofoam and crapwater.. with a monster in it. now that would be a great story

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-30 16:08   
Ash you saying they did that because transports were capturing dreads?

To me that's totally acceptable. Transports carry more troops than any other ship, they SHOULD be able to capture something if they get close enough.

I hope you were kidding and the real reason is the code isn't done yet

I really enjoy capturing ships in my transport. Sometimes it's suicide but it sure is fun.

warren
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-30 16:49   
Quote:

On 2003-08-30 16:08, MrSparkle wrote:
Ash you saying they did that because transports were capturing dreads?

To me that's totally acceptable. Transports carry more troops than any other ship, they SHOULD be able to capture something if they get close enough.

I really enjoy capturing ships in my transport. Sometimes it's suicide but it sure is fun.

but a tranny can easly get with in troops boarding range of a dread with out dieing

DaMadCow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-30 17:53   
maybe when tranny's have their hull/shields adjusted or dreads get more powerful it will be okay. But with the game balanced the way it is....ill be flying a tranny in MV

Email DaMadCow
Chromix
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-30 18:08   
Quote:

The code is there, it just had been disabled (see reason above).

Quote:
but a tranny can easly get with in troops boarding range of a dread with out dieing

Quote:
maybe when tranny's have their hull/shields adjusted or dreads get more powerful it will be okay

A transport needs about 5 seconds after entering a dreads weapon range to get into boarding range (unless it closejumps).
Which would mean a dread has to be able to completely destroy a transport in 5 seconds.
Doesn't sound like much fun flying transports then.

Email Chromix
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-30 19:49   
well fix it so u can control the ships u cap everytime i play beta i have never seen a dread in beta only seen maybe 1 HC also the dread is like one of the most powerful ships in the game if a transport can cap a dread before it can kill it then u need to fix either the transports or make it harder for infantry units to attempt to board (no way in so they gotta bust a hole in the whole which takes a while) or put some automated defenses in dreads so that it can defend itself if infantry attempt to capture pretty simple but please enable that part of the code that lets u use other faction ships when u cap em

Email A Troll =SSC=
Quantium
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-30 20:51   
I think it would be fun if capturing was in, but didn't have insta-cap with transports. Perhaps it should be setup if a ship has its own troops aboard, it has a good chance of defending agaisnt an invasion, but if the pilot forgot to grab troops or has something else in his cargo bay, he can kiss his ship goodbye.

Or even have a special troop ship so people know its purpose on the battlefield and have a whole system of capturing based around it.

[ This Message was edited by: Quantium on 2003-08-30 20:53 ]

Email Quantium   Goto the website of Quantium
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-30 22:21   
There's no minimum range for unloading troops onto a ship in beta like there is on the live servers. You can be 100gu away and unload troops, it's just that they fly toward your target in pods (and rather slowly) and can be shot down by PD (how bout pulse waves? Haven't tried that yet). In fact many times the enemy just outmaneuvers the pods if he's in a fast ship.

And Quantium, what you described is exactly what happens If you forget to pick up troops before you leave the planet you're doomed. But if you have your own troops onboard they defend...you will actually see them fight each other and even gain rank to hardened and elite. And a ship can't carry a lot of troops, so a transport can't unload all 10 of his on a destroyer and have all 10 board. I haven't figured out the exact number that board though, but I do know that if you yourself are boarded but you're carrying the max # of troops in your bays, the enemy can't put too many more on. I'll pay closer attention next time and experiment.

You know, if you're nearby a friendly planet with troops and you're boarded, you can load some onto your ship for defense too (you don't have to orbit the planet to load troops, the troops just have to be 250gu or less away from you. And they fly in pods too so it takes a few moments)

Just remember, when you get your ship, DONT FORGET TO BRING TROOPS! This is especially true for Kluth who I've found to be especially vulnerable to ship capturing with their lack of PD and bad maneuverability. As soon as you fire, you're visible and a ton of infantry are streaming toward your ship and you can't get away! Fun

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2003-08-30 22:25 ]

DaMadCow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-30 22:36   
err i was assuming the dread was moving.

Email DaMadCow
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-30 23:57   
Hehe forgot to reply to Weasel man.

Yes they can get in range of dreads fairly easily. That's why it's important for dreads (especially dreads) to carry the max number of defending infantry.

If you forget to take infantry along with you and a transport comes along and boards you, you lose your ship plain and simple.

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-31 08:14   
special slot item: interior automated defense systems
1 stock on cruisers, 2 stock on dreads..
would be able to fight off 5 elites

the time you win by that if your cruiser is being boarded with 10 elites should be enough to get to a planet to load troops

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-31 08:39   
PDs take more then 1 PD hit

Anyway, I still dont see why my Dread Doesnt have Blast doors that close when enemy inf board so we can gass all the chambers that have enemy inf in them.

Problem solved.

Or Laser Grids that slice up enemy inf when they walk trough.

Problem solved.

Or Wall Mounted Gun turrets that pump enemy inf full with lead.

Problem solved.

Or Crew with guns, dont see 10 Elite inf fighting 5000 of my crew members...

Problem solved.

Or Simply putting a few million volts on the outside of my dread hull. Dont see enemy inf touching the airlocks then

Problem solved.

Or Wall Mounted bunkers for Defending inf to hide in while they cover the air locks and frag invaders.

Problem solved.

So like you see, there are a 1001 ways to defend a ship from invaders.
Ds doesnt have a single one of them so capping should be off.
Capping might seem a whole lot of fun but its not, Loosing a fully modded dread because some enemy tranny jumped on top of you and dropped 10 inf on you is lame.

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022037 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR