No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Beta Bugs
 Author Beta Bugs
Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-08-28 18:45   
I was just playing the Beta, and found a few old, and new (At least to me) bugs.

Firstly, the oldies:
-Sensor bases still do not work. And the rings are not animateing properly.
-Persistant problems of not being able to land infantry on planets because the landing/building dimonds refuse to appear.
-Cannon damage is still far to high. I spent half an hour owning a Battle Cruiser in a Sensor Scout. He only managed to get me down to 40% hull, after hald an hour.

Newies:
-Gas Giant hit boxes are FAR to large. On the Cygnus map, Dhao's hit box overlaps Ahaza's.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-08-28 19:19   
i think there was a post where some time ago to the effect of while the cannons may or may not be marginally more powerfull, most of that was due to them being more accurate/ better hit detections

Deleted
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-28 19:31   
i have bugs galore from what i seen, heres a few that i CAN remember..

1. of course like you said the sensor bases on the planets dont work...

2. when you turn on ecm and go out of range the ship disapears or when you cant just detect the ships.. and when that happens even if they could be detected they wont reapear and it doesn't show anything attacking you and get damage from nothing (of course they are attacking you but you cant see them..)

3. ok now heres a big bug that should have been Number 1 on my list THE METAVERSE IT GONE AND REPLACED WITH A SENARIO SERVER!!! (yea i know there are alot of mis spelled words on here but work with me)

4. certain planets or GAS Biggies are to big to get close to for mining (hygrogen which is the only resource of value on those planets)

5. lets not forget the obvious out of sync bug where your not always where you apear to be..

6. well this isn't bug but more of a suggestion.. when you sell resources to star ports maybe they should go to the planetary stock pile and available resources that can be sold in bulk should be up for sale in the ports

7. some planets are bugged like that one planet by Junction, i think its name is Ahaza, when you launch infantry to the planet, the infantry launched just go stright down into infinite space never to be seen *tears up* Poor souls

8. wow im at number eight, i feel like im putting down the programers of Dark Space or something O_O... lets hope i dont get to 10... Dark Space crashes sometimes i was told that when to many fighters were out it does that but there were times when there wasn't and i crashed anyways.. i couldn't tell ya why so sorry for not providing more information on the subject..

9. it seems to me that scanners and eccm dont have such a wide range now this isn't a bug like i said on 6, maybe it can be extanded or maybe the sensors have a huge enough range of 1k see the reason i brought this up is because ships were like 200- 400 away from me and i wasn't able to detect them with 2 eccm's and a scanner on, the other ship only had one ecm on and this is a little of both convinence for me and of fairness for the teams hehe i can see why some cannons on IC are stronger because of the EMP cannons on UGTO.. but im just drawing out number 9 as you can see

well there are a few more bugs i know this but i cant remember them right now.. ill have to play to remember..

oh yea one more thing to anyone with the power to control this PLEASE oh PLEASE Bring back the metaverse! lol or make another server with the metabverse hehe with aliens aplentifull and alien mommas and nests for us to destroy ty for listening o_O

drop a e-mail to krizxx@yahoo.com for any reason even if its to cuss at me BECAUSE IM Desperate PLEASE OH PELASE IM LONLY! lol

theres my two cents have fun

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-28 19:46   
Oh no Doran, these cannons are POWERFUL! I'm talking serious sensor scout ownage! It's definitely a bug, maybe a misplaced decimal point or something. There's no way these beta cannons will make it to the live servers with the kind of damage they're doing.

EMP cannons? They're insane. Your systems are totally fried in one volley by one EMP.

The biggest and worst bug so far though are the out of syncs. It's really bad in Lutyen. You'll attack an enemy and damage him, then he warps away...then a minute later you notice your shields or armor are being hit (there's that flash) but you don't see an enemy ship or anything being fired at you.

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2003-08-28 19:53 ]

Page created in 0.009812 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR