Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Special Faction only weapon
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Special Faction only weapon
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-28 15:43   
again another of my 1 second ideas
each faction should have 1 special weapon only that faction can use it and even within their own faction it would be limited to certain ships lets start with the kluth

K'luth special weapon:Plasma Torpedo
Description:this weapon very small and thin and uses psi energy to guide it this weapon burns its way through a ships hull shields are a good defense against these special torps also the plasma torp comes in severaly different flavors light medium heavy
also plasma torps may on occasion score an instant kill by cutting a ship in half this happens on a couple of occasions limited to siphons and hives

now UGTO turn
UGTO Special Weapon:C-PCM
Description:this PCM can be used as a cluster missle set to engage multiple targets before launch (this can also be done in flight) they can also be set to go for a single target causing way more damage then regular PCM
this is limited to cruiser ships and above

and finally ICC
ICC Special Weapon:Gauss Cannon
Description:This is a highly improved gauss gun it is made for piercing armor its not that good for hull damage but can do a good amount of damage if used in mass quantities limited to ACs dreads and the station
P.S.:a smaller version of the gauss cannon called the gauss rifle can be modded on Heavy Assualt Fighters also the gauss cannon and rifle can be used to selectively target weapon systems radar targeting systems and the bridge (the place where u command ur ship from) a good shot from the gauss cannon and the fighter based gauss rifle can kill the captain instantly thats usually u

Email A Troll =SSC=
Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2003-08-28 17:06   
i think Gaus gun is already on list ...

clustered PCM (MIRV - An offensive ballistic missile system having warheads aimed at independent targets that can be launched by a single booster rocket) ...
well PCM is enough strong , that type of weapon will be likely another QSB ... maybe less effective warheads then

more likely i want see actual

IT, AR and Kluth missile holders with Mirv (2-3-5-7) style warhead (u fire 1 ITM-3 and in moment they scramle into target they split into three IT)

or just imagine Kluth PSI-7 missiles ...

YaY ... but nothing new suggested ...

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-28 18:09   
when i mentions cluster PCMS i think its obvious that each mirv PCM warhead is weaker then one regular warhead but if all of them hit one target it would be way stronger then the regular

Email A Troll =SSC=
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-28 18:16   
yes i know the gauss gun is on the list i'm adding a gauss cannon to replace that crappy excuse for a weapon new gauss cannon is made for accuracy and busting up armor not for killing ships and a little gauss rifle for special fighters also one thing the gauss cannon and rifle can do is target individual weapons,systems even internal systems (i mentioned that the gauss cannon's shots were armor piercing they can go right through a ship and still have power to penetrate another ship they can target the area where the systems should be at the AP Slug does the rest) and also the bridge where the captain of the enemy ship is located a shot there kills the captain instantly and renders the ship inoperable (it also kills the rest of the crew members that can takeover the captains position all u have is the rest of the crewmen that can't operate the ships navigation systems)
there is one catch if the captain of the enemy ship gets killed by the gauss cannon hit the ship automatically sets course for the nearest friendly planet with a shipyard so it is best to target the JD and engines before u hit the bridge

Email A Troll =SSC=
AdmiralChaos III
Midshipman

Posted: 2003-08-28 18:36   
there are already faction only weapons

elf beam - kluth
pulse beam/shield - icc
flux - ugto

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-29 01:24   
Nothing wrong with more faction weapons though right?

I think these are, once again, great ideas. And this time they're really simple. Not so sure I like the instant kill chance of the plasma torpedoes.

What about if they had an extended splash range and a slower recharge? It would give it situations where it would work well, and some where it would be a hindrance? Eh just a late night idea of mine before I go to sleep.

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-04 15:10   
sounds good but Instant Kill chance with Plasma Torps will stay i want to see what gideon thinks

Email A Troll =SSC=
Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-04 15:28   
no
no
no

Go get a cure for that dissease you seem to have....

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-09-04 17:01   
Cobra he's gonna think it's a bad idea.

He may also not even reply you know.

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-04 17:12   
k was talking with gideon recently didn't mention nothing about the plasma torps although i believe there should be that chance u may score an instant kill should be quite random unless its like a frigate scout or dessie then there should be a good chance of instant kill (especially if its a scout or frigate those weak ships) with light Plasma torps (thats for the weak ships only cruiser and above u need the heavy Plasma torps)
but it should be pretty low chance of getting instant kills for dreads and stations even with heavy plasma torps

but maybe we can slow down reload process for plasma torps to compensate

Email A Troll =SSC=
Malduc{-GTN-}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-04 20:33   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the new patch supposed to be making all Tech faction specific?

Malduc

Honor Is All

Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-04 21:07   
I've been thinking that some changes should be made to the weapons loadout of the battle dread... I think fist of all, that ALL the dreads except for the ICC missile dread, and ALL the stations deserve another FULL layer of armor. Okay, now for the Battle dread...

The Battle dread IS a battleship right? so why not arm it like one. The old ocean-going Battleships all came with a wide variety of guns, usually with some sort of 12, 16, or even 24 inch gun turret mounted on the front and back... I was thinking of something like this for the battle dread. In exchange for two weapon class slots, one fighter bay, and once special slot, the two heavy weapons would become FULL mounted, and three new pieces of weaponry would be added. These would be some sort of HEAVY particle cannon, one of these would be full mounted, and two would be forward mounted. I havn't been able to decide for sure what would make a good Heavy Particle gun though... (maybe it would fire 3 particle cannon shots at once, or a few REALLY big particle gun shots?) maybe they would be a different color?)

Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-04 21:18   
Dunno if this has already been suggested or not,
What about giving the current ICC fighter a sabot rocket pod. It would only fire 1 round of sabots though... this would make up for the rail guns relative lack of punch. Also, what about some sort of corvette class ship? like a large fighter, (only 5 per bay) that would launch one at a time, these would take 3 or 4 shots from a cl 300 to destroy, and they would also carry more weaponry than the typical fighter... For example, the ICC on would have a cl 300, and a sabot pod with full ammo maybe? the UGTO one would have an EMP cannon, and Particle gun, or whatever... The K'luth one would carry a PSI cannon, and a psi missile... something like that might be cool...

Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-05 20:58   
Oh, duh! Heavy Particle guns should be Flak weapons.... that would be perfect

NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-06 04:55   
-kat- The whole fighter system is goingt o be changeing to the following.

Interceptor Fighter: Shoots down Missles, and Fighters
Assualt Fighter: Shoots Large ships with speical weapon.
Bomber Fighter: Bombs planets

Faction Speicaliztion:

Kluth: Interceptor Fighter
UGTO: Assualt Fighter
ICC: Bomber Fighter

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.034894 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR