No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Yarrrghhh!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Yarrrghhh!
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-28 01:52   
Suggestion for a new Class of ships,

This new class of ship would be a Character Class of ships. Meaning that the only difference between a Normal ICC Ac & a [character class] Ac is that this Ship is ( but for any ship class) :
1, Only For MV

2, You buy the ship, the server doesnt.

3, instead of your player name, you get to Name this ship but only once..
ie: [INDEPENCE] <-- bars in gold , and the text in green/red per side ur on

4, In the gate it shows up as Gold, not green

5, to get this ship you have to be FA rank

6, you can only have one of these ships at a time

7, Once you take this ship out of the gate or starport it cant go back in for 12 hours. even if you log your ship will still be there

8, when you play with this ship, the ship will earn STATS not you, ALL kills, etc.. will go toward the ship.

9, Ship Medals/ Badges... -[ ADmin / dev can figure those out]

10, After X ammount of battles/ missions completed/ campaigns , this ship will get bounus for its Hard work and Survival

11, bounuses, + speed , + armor + weapons + etc maybe the even get to work for Xtra Slots... like the max would be 1 xtra slot of armor .. 1 xtra weapon, 1 xtra engine 1 xtra special .. on a Maxxed character ship...and that might take a year to max a ship. The last slot on a Character ship would be a universal Mod slot.. ie ICC ship with a cloak..

12, The bounus Slots can only have ONE part installed ... SO chose wisely..
and you have to BUY the part .. no freebies.

ok have at it
[FLAME ON]

j/k sorry bad Marvel comic humor..

feel free to add to this idea... i dont care about the credit for this . but i would really love to see it in DS.

-CharAznable

Edited for content

[ This Message was edited by: CharAznable [~Z~] on 2003-08-28 04:14 ]

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-28 03:31   
And,

13, When you look at your profile, you can see your ships profile.. and picture of the class you chose to work on.

14, and records of your previous ships that Went down with honor and how far they got and how long you had it..

sauerkraut
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-28 04:03   
very nice idea! i like it!

my iq is 0

Goto the website of sauerkraut
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-28 04:35   
Im asuming you suggested Every FA would be able to get one in their garage?
If so, No.
With the current amount of FA's everybody would be using these, all modded with dicter or cloack.

If there can only be one in the entire faction then i guess it wouldnt be bad but how do you decide who gets it?

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-28 05:56   
Whoooooo something like the FA's flagship

i like it the longer it stays alive the more credit points the ship earn thus the more upgrades it can get

- Axi

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-28 12:18   
Quote:

On 2003-08-28 04:35, Barthezzz The Janitor wrote:

Yes, Every FA will be Able to Get one.

Quote:

If so, No.
With the current amount of FA's everybody would be using these, all modded with dicter or cloack.

Bart if you Spent AN ENTIRE YEAR ON keeping JUST a single ship alive, putting a YEARs worth of work and prestiege, AN entire Year, of puting this SPECIAL ship through Hell and back, them Heck yeah.. YOU should beable to Have the most ammount of bounus parts items and xtra slots avalible.

Quote:

If there can only be one in the entire faction then i guess it wouldnt be bad but how do you decide who gets it?

This new ship class would be a Gift to the People who have stuck arround day to day, All the FA's would be able to start working on a ship like this.
if your thinking One dood should have one per Faction then whats the point. I know your thinking that This idea is Bull plop, cuz there would be ships everywhere running arround with Dictors and Cloak, but that isnt What i am suggesting.

Lets Say i Take out the Ship class of my choice..... my fav AC, When take it out of the gate, its a STOCK, just off the Line Normal down to earth Basic AC.

then i Go mod the ship, look for buddy to fight with...

( Since i just took this C Class of ship out of the GATE i will be using this ship for atleast 12 hours)

[time passes]
6 weeks later after using my AC in 60 battles and gaining 15,000 EXP/press for the ship i have 1bronze combat 1 silver combat
1 Battle cross 1 expert nav badger 1 Comander of the line badge..

so what does this get me??

lets Say that this would be a Level one C Ac cruiser... so at 15000 pres and all these badges and kills.... i would be able to choose from a selection of ship bonuses.. like extra sheild, or Armor or IE engine slot
or Weapon slot....

the thing is that you can only get One Xtra slot per Area of the this ship..
your not going to be able to have 5 xtra sheilds..

your only going to be able to have 1 xtra sheild/armor, 1 xtra engine(not jd) , 1 xtra weapon, ( either Hvy weapon, Light weapon, your choice) , 1 xtra special slot, AND after you have made it this far with all of these other slots.. maybe you should be Rewarded with a Universal slot.( be able to get a wide selection of otherwise not avalible to your faction or ship class).. and No you cant have a dictor in it, un less you chose to have a dictor as your Class of C ship.

The Monty
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-28 12:20   
Quote:

Barthezzz:
If so, No.

Quote:

Char:
11, bounuses, + speed , + armor + weapons + etc maybe the even get to work for Xtra Slots... like the max would be 1 xtra slot of armor .. 1 xtra weapon, 1 xtra engine 1 xtra special .. on a Maxxed character ship...and that might take a year to max a ship. The last slot on a Character ship would be a universal Mod slot.. ie ICC ship with a cloak..

I assume the Universal mod slot would be the last thing your ship acquires, meaning you have maxed this ship out after a year of playing with it. So Barth, you wouldn't have to worry about that until a year past with that person only flying & maxing out that one ship.

All in all, I like the idea. It would encourage faction loyalty if nothing else & add a bit of flavor to the ships.

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-28 12:22   
Quote:

On 2003-08-28 12:20, Monty {C?} wrote:
All in all, I like the idea. It would encourage faction loyalty if nothing else & add a bit of flavor to the ships.

Exactly

Daylight \"The Beginning\"
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-28 12:46   
I love it, I demand it, (F) GET THIS DONE YESTERDAY!

Email Daylight \
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-08-28 15:03   
Piercers are unkillable as it is, with a good pilot. Can you imagine a dictor-equipped Assault Cruiser? Or K'luth Destroyer?

I don't think Interdictors should be an option, unless you choose to use an Interdictor-class ship as your 'character' ship.

Also, what about issues like..lagging into planets? Deaths due to server malfunctions? Have to come up with answers to those problems. Perhaps all Character-class ships should be backed up.

Also, frankly, in this game, ships will die.

This is a good idea, but i think the regular ol' "Crew System", applied to every ship, would work just as well.

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-28 15:20   
Quote:

On 2003-08-28 15:03, Calamity Clogs wrote:
Piercers are unkillable as it is, with a good pilot. Can you imagine a dictor-equipped Assault Cruiser? Or K'luth Destroyer?

Maybe these ships would help

Quote:

I don't think Interdictors should be an option, unless you choose to use an Interdictor-class ship as your 'character' ship.

exactly

Quote:

Also, what about issues like..lagging into planets? Deaths due to server malfunctions? Have to come up with answers to those problems. Perhaps all Character-class ships should be backed up.

the only answer i have for this problem is the same i have for what happens now... I kick something.

Quote:

Also, frankly, in this game, ships will die.

exactly, this would be a challenge with deck stacked against you..

Quote:

This is a good idea, but i think the regular ol' "Crew System", applied to every ship, would work just as well.

why cant we use the crew system with this also?

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-28 18:20   
i like it but i should be able to change the name of the ship whenever i feel like it maybe even change the looks of the ion trails (i prefer the ICC ion trails more pleasing to the eye) and the color of the ship to an extent (i'd automatically select dark grey)

Email A Troll =SSC=
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-29 01:11   
I would like to know what the Brass thinks on this thread.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-29 01:13   
I think the brass would say 'not in the foreseeable future'

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-29 04:36   
lol that was a given, but id like to at least know what they thought was good and what was bad.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026369 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR