No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » More on the Out of sync issue and /connect
 Author More on the Out of sync issue and /connect
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-25 15:00   
I'm hoping everyone is getting the bad out of syncs I've been getting. Here's the story of mine so far:

I don't go out of sync until I jump to another system. If I choose a shipyard planet and stay in that system I'm fine.

However, when I plot a jump to another system, once I get there I'm totally out of sync. Every time. Sometimes it's REALLY bad. Yesterday I made a jump from Delta Pavonis to Lalande. When I got there I saw two ICC bombing planets and could hear them (I was kluth how could I hear them?) But I couldn't interact, couldn't fire on them, couldn't unload troops, heck I couldn't even crash into a planet so I could rechoose a shipyard planet! I few right through everything.

So I logged off and back on right away to fix my out of sync issue. Well, I wound up back in the jump with 130 seconds left! (that's like going back in time 5 minutes) AND...I was past Lalande and heading into deep space! Talk about out of sync!

So I logged. I heard in chat that I could use the /connect command to fix the out of sync issue, so I went back in and tried it. Yep, /command works it updated my position every time I used it...but it cloned my garage! (I was warned about it too).

So now I have 18 billion ships in my garage I can't use or remove and I can't even see the ship selections anymore. Ouch.

What may be causing my massive out of sync problems? And is anyone else getting them? If it's a universal problem, then it's definitely in the coding somewhere. If it's just me, hmm...I don't get these problems on the live servers?

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-25 17:17   
sync seemed good for me in the past days...

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-25 19:41   
It got worse for me. It was almost tolerable last week. This week...unplayable unless I want to stay in the system I spawn in.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-26 11:45   
Here's an update.

It seems the bad out of syncs occur when I'm doing a very long jump, somewhere over 250 seconds maybe.

Shorter jumps to nearby systems that only take 100-150 seconds or so cause very little out of sync.

This BTW is all done with a tachyon drive.

I know this cuz yesterday I tested it out a lot. If I jumped to a system more than 200 seconds away, I would go way out of sync, and when I used /connect to update myself, I would be back in my jump but past my target system. I have to quickly cancel the jump and turn around.

The shorter jumps don't do this.

Page created in 0.009800 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR