No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Neutral, the Faction
 Author Neutral, the Faction
Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-23 19:11   
I have always had this in my head, but was too lazy to actually "Write it down", however, I am not feeling lazy. Here I go. This could be implemented with the politics patch.

The Neutral faction we all know and love. How about we turn them more into just a "Organized band of pirates".

However, you have to purchase ships, straight out of your pocket. Luckily, you only purchase the basic "Hull", you have to purchase the devices seperate. Each hull comes with a single device, a "Modular Construction Modification". This allows this ship to be completely configured.

Each ship has a certain number of tonnage. The Modular Construction Module already makes up some tonnage. You can than set things that are avalible on the black market.

You are usually independant, where you can "Set" your relation with other fleets, factions, players (However, Allies will appear as blue, not green). Now, what if you and a bunch of other independants want to get together as a "Fleet".

Neutral fleets have relations managed by the Fleet Leader, the Fleet Leader can also dictate control over stuff such as the fleet resources.

Neutral Fleets can be anything, from a organized band of pirates, or a true "Neutral" Faction in the formation.

Neutral players can use whatever ships and equipment they desire, if they can get their hands on them. One way to do so is somehow, if you occupy a world, Neutral world management will involve the "Neutral Hub" (No, Neutral players cannot build ICC/UGTO/Kluth hubs), if you captured a planet, all technology that has been researched will be on the tree.

The Neutral hub will have a very basic research tree initially, using realitively common weapons on the black market. Neutral facilities can be upgraded and configured in a modular fashion similar to ships, however, as more technologies are aquired.

How do you get more technologies on your hub?

One way is to purchase them from a faction, If a selected planet has it enabled, it can set prices for its technologies, you select the technologies you wish to purchase that the planet allows you to purchase, than, you press the "PURCHASE" Button. All the technologies you than selected, will be loaded onto your ship on a single-slot "Data Disc".

Why would a faction sell technology like that? Simple, Credits, a quick, free way to get bundles of credits for that planet, in case it is low.

Another way, is to find a device your pocket planet has no tech of. Retreive the device, and unload it directly on the planet, when it lands, you can select "Reverse-engineer". Reverse-engineering scraps the device entirely. The Device than has the research that produces it avalible in the Hub screen. These technologies, however, take X (Determinable) times as long to research.

Now, what if you get a operational and stocked shipyard? You do get the realitively "Basic" Modular designs. Factional ship designs, which, in quite a few cases, can be better, have to be purchased in a similar manner.

Now, more on Credit resourcing, you can tap into your planet for credits for your own account. You can also use the credits to "Purchase" resources, data discs, or ship designs.

Another thing for relations, if somebody sets you as enemy, you see them as enemy as well, even if you set them on ally.

Anything to add on this? I May think up stuff later, however. It is a interesting idea that indeedly needs fleshing out.

Goto the website of Novacat
Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Grand Admiral
Deicide

Posted: 2003-08-23 19:15   
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that only took me like 10 mins to read...and i love it.. accept the whole fleet leader thingy.......

Email Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Bad_Skeelz
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-24 00:23   
Mmmm I like it. Will probably have to wait until the "new" metaverse is released with the 30odd new systems. As it is now as soon as a Neutral planet pops up itll get steamrolled. And yes I don't particulary like the Fleet Leader either, I don't want some blowhard who logs in once a month telling me what I can and cannot mod.

-Excerpt from Vice Admiral Skeelz's court-martial regarding the malignant boiling and eating of K'luth prisoners of war.

Email Bad_Skeelz
Nimbus *A*
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-24 00:48   
I've suggested a Trading scheme that would would well with your Neturals look it up in "Radical Suggestions!"

Ceridan
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-24 03:33   
ummm sound a bit like MechWarrior 4 merc

stuck in Univercity limbo

Kirby
Midshipman

Posted: 2003-08-24 09:07   
cool

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-24 09:58   
If you do not like your fleet leader, than leave the fleet and form your own.

You can mod anything, the fleet leader can only restrict the "Fleet" resource pool, which includes the planetary credits, resources, devices. This is to prevent someone from, say, joining a fleet, than transferring everything to his acct, than switching back to something else.

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-25 02:49   
What about the Grouping Option, the person who starts the Rag tag band of ships is the FL?

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-08-25 04:49   
Very nice idea, I like it. However, they need a name... And I think it should be something other then "Pirate"

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-25 06:05   
The faction handle they use will simply be "Neutral" or "Independant" or the current handle they use right now, "Unknown"

Grouped neutrals have a fleet tag as well, such as Unknown:~Z~

Victor Davion [TSLTB]
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-25 09:10   
very nice idea

9 x 6 = 42

Page created in 0.029505 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR