No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » The 4th faction....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author The 4th faction....
jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2003-08-29 18:33   
i think i was the first person to suggest pirates and i still believe it.

we need a pirate class that is independant of their faction

jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-29 21:04   
Quote:

On 2003-08-23 17:01, Barthezzz wrote:
They Dont need a Home system.
Give them the center systems and make em fight for them

sounds like a plan to me..pirates dont have homes...but that brings another question up...can they be defeated??
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-30 20:43   
no pirates can't be defeated their all over the place impossible to find and destroy them all allso forget the idea of a pirate homesystem the UGTO would know about it and nuke em to the stone age lets say they set up their bases in asteroid fields or some planets that are friendly to planets (the ones that do lots of business with pirates) will hide the pirates and even allow them to use their shipyards what do u think

Email A Troll =SSC=
Daylight \"The Beginning\"
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-30 20:56   
Ya ya ya...maybe let them have a small hidden system....or a small system that is far out and FULL of surprises...after all..they should not be a serious force but a force that can't be eliminated!

ALSO, I LOVE THE HALFBREAD IDEA!

Email Daylight \
Purpura
Cadet

From: Living on top of a tiki hut bar enjoying the sun and the ocean
Posted: 2003-08-30 21:53   
ummmm What happend to the peope who captured the Kluths homeworld Keja ???? i.e. ( Univesrse Today Forum then Retouched History its a HUGE file the stuff youre looking for is about 3/4 of the way down) or just untill they start talking about kluth i think they are called the Kraddax so where are they???

Email Purpura
Lupino
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-31 01:20   
Halfbreeds, yuck, I could never understand why people do that (in fantasy terms, at least an Elf looks like a human, so half-elf/half-human is possible) but why the hell a Homo Sapian woman would want to get knocked up by a K'Luth is beyond me. -_-

As for Pirates, perhaps instead of one homesystem (even a hidden one, because eventually it will be discovered and nuked back into a nebula ) there could be several floating "pirate stations" randomly situated around the MV and in-between systems. Pirate players could just pick which station to spawn at, grab a mission to go destroy some transports for booty, and head off. If a faction destroys the pirate station, it's a big loss, but there's always another one to spawn from, and eventually a new one will be built and randomly placed (because no matter how hard a government works, you can never be totally rid of pirates ).

air
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-31 08:47   
well my thoughts are as follows.

1) they are set up to cap ships not distory why?they cap it they can sell it for parts or use it .
ie: any rank can use any ship if you can cap it. ie any ship capped will lose 1/2 wepons for armor slots

2)they would be best def but worst offince ie twice the armor or def of any other 1/2 the fire power also twice the speed.

3) they dont cap planets or have planets they work from deepspace stations

4) they do attach planets to drop troops to steal resouces and eqipments stores and people and troops.

5) they steal most valubale 1st

6) also if there are in #s in a system or attacked often then the planet will go nutral and trade with them

7) so if a fleet of 10 are in sys with no real opposition for 45 min planets will start to go nutral if a planet goes nutarl they get all the built eqipment and resorces and

prez in made by capping ships and steaing stuff and causing planets to go nutral

'A1Tyrael
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-31 11:01   
Indeed

Hello Joe! ;)

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2003-08-31 14:03   
For anyone that doesn't know. The 4th faction, originally known as MIR has been [supposedly] renamed to Legion due to some copyright issues within other games sytems.

Goto the website of Drafell
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.044072 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR