No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » The 4th faction....
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author The 4th faction....
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-23 16:08   
OKay. after tweaking the postion of the where the servers should appear i've added the 4th factions...PIRATES!!!!!

(Please excuse poor quality)

I think the MV looks more "balanced".

Of course we need new systems (mostly clustered together planets). new planets (new names)....new ships..but i think a LOT of people will want pirates...

the ships would have weaker hulls, but weapons of each faction. so like a ship with lot's of fighters might have 3 ICC fighters, 3 UGTO fighters, and 3 K'luth FIghters, just as an example.

soem ideas in no order:

ships would look like old. like the ships would have a darker shade to them and even some rustspots. and differnt tech from each faction (but not all. like they would have Ar missles, but not IT's. and Railguns, but not the fast firing missles {lost name})

A station would look like the 3 faction stations put together. like it's divided into 3 parts with pieces of metal (or glue. whatever hold stuff together in space) strapped on where the the pieces meet together....

please post more ideas

(wokring on pictures of ships and research tree)

[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob (1A) -FP- on 2003-08-23 16:15 ]

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-23 16:27   
plonk

Daylight \"The Beginning\"
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-23 16:32   
Works for me...maybe instead of tech from the other three factions pirates could have hybreads of all three. weak hulls, weapoins that hit REAL hard but are slow to cycle, and speed...after all Priates are no good if they can't catch there pray or out run the officials!!!

Email Daylight \
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-23 16:45   
Quote:

On 2003-08-23 16:32, Daylight (The Begining) wrote:
Works for me...maybe instead of tech from the other three factions pirates could have hybreads of all three. weak hulls, weapoins that hit REAL hard but are slow to cycle, and speed...after all Priates are no good if they can't catch there pray or out run the officials!!!

exactly. for instince...

+2-10 gu max speed for all ships (+10 for scouts, +9 for frigates, +8 for dessies +7 for Cruisers +6 for Dreads +5 for Supply ships, +4 for trannies, +3 for Engineers, +2 for Stations) with NO increase in power drain

10-15% less hull for all ships (starting with -10% for scouts, slowly increasing like above)

weapons +15% damage

weapons +20% reload time (this could be a major balance issue here)

JD reload time +15-20% faster (see above, just like that)

Starport resoruce transfer rate is 2 instead of 1 (if possible)

depots reload +15% faster

Def bases fire missles at -15% slower rate

Fighter bases fire 1 of each fighter, but have a 3x reload rate (OR it could fire one of each fighter in a cycle like: ICC fighter, reload, UGTO fighter, reload, K'luth Fighter, reload, go back to ICC fighter)

[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob (1A) -FP- on 2003-08-23 16:46 ]

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-23 16:47   
WHy not make that the grounds to salvage alien tech you want it go fight there and you MIGHT get it.

- Axi

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-08-23 16:48   
Dude, forget the old layout By the time the new faction comes in, the MV will have 2 to 3 times as many systems and will have an entirely different layout designed to make it difficult to easily reach enemy systems.

A 'cluster' system if you will. So, good idea, but it's not going to apply when the MIR/pirates arrive.

-Dem

Bad_Skeelz
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-23 16:50   
Some comments, ideas, etc

1) If they ever add some pirate systems, they shouldnt have any jumpgates going to them, since they would want to remain hidden and not put a big thing in space effectivly saying "Hey pirate homesystem THIS WAY!!". Of course the new MV isnt going to have many JGs anyway so this is kinda a moot point.

2) I don't think the pirates should have any K'luth technology or their arsenals, since the k'luth dont seem like a society that produces pirates.

Other than that I agree with daylights outlines for a pirate ship.

-Excerpt from Vice Admiral Skeelz's court-martial regarding the malignant boiling and eating of K'luth prisoners of war.

Email Bad_Skeelz
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-23 16:51   
Quote:

On 2003-08-23 16:47, Axianda *XO* wrote:
WHy not make that the grounds to salvage alien tech you want it go fight there and you MIGHT get it.

HUH? (can't understand your post)

no, no no, pirates won't have ALL tech. not trying to make an Uber faction here. i'm saying that some people have been asking for this type of faction, and trying to get some balances on it, so maybe some mod will come, like the idea, and put it into motion.

or something like that

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-23 17:01   
They Dont need a Home system.
Give them the center systems and make em fight for them

[ This Message was edited by: Barthezzz The Janitor (STRIKE!) on 2003-08-23 17:23 ]

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-23 17:07   
Quote:

On 2003-08-23 16:48, Demorian wrote:
Dude, forget the old layout By the time the new faction comes in, the MV will have 2 to 3 times as many systems and will have an entirely different layout designed to make it difficult to easily reach enemy systems.

A 'cluster' system if you will. So, good idea, but it's not going to apply when the MIR/pirates arrive.

-Dem

Oh.

New faction? let something slip their dem??

heh. so this topic is now DEAD *stamps it*

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-23 17:45   
Nothing slipped. It was said there's gonna be a new faction in the future called the MIR. They will be the sworn enemy of the Kluth like the ICC is the enemy of UGTO. I think their weapons will be designed vs. the kluth, and possibly they will be metallic (or robot) based like the Kluth is biologically based?

But it's not a secret, just so far off in the future it's hardly talked about.

Oh and they'll also be THE dominant faction when they're finally released, as each and every one of us is gonna choose them! It will be fun.

Daylight \"The Beginning\"
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-23 17:46   
I don't think its dead....I like this whole train of thought. keep thye ideas coming....

Hears another of mine...after I read the other replys 1 struck me as not fitting. instead of planet defence....why not hidden pirate strongholds on any planet. don't know how to do this...maybe a sub lvl build system that only pirates can see...then the only way to destroy them would be wipping the planet of all life!...hum...got to think on this more!

Email Daylight \
Quistis {C?}
Cadet
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2003-08-23 18:50   
heh cool

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2003-08-29 17:41   
BONK :S
why not make it the rebelious k'luth
the ones who are half human half k'luth the half breeds
that there rebelling against the k'luth but the dont like the humans to stare at them becous there not fully human

o wel pirates i like as wel but its just what to give them as a back side story

DaMadCow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-29 18:29   
does anyone else think giving Pirates a homesystem kinda not right? Pirates are supposed to hide out in asteroids

Email DaMadCow
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025349 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR