No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » An idea to boost numbers
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author An idea to boost numbers
g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-23 04:04   
Let them Play in the FA server and have a value of 0 pres/stats/kills gained for doing things, and give subbed players NO stats/pres/kills for killing, supplying, damaging them..Sounds ok, but we are left with the "if these newbies luckaly kill us, we still gain a death, res and pres lost"...thats my problem with it...

Sorn Duskryn -{Shadewalker}- -VA-
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-23 04:44   
Quote:

On 2003-08-23 04:04, g0ds s0ldier wrote:
Let them Play in the FA server and have a value of 0 pres/stats/kills gained for doing things, and give subbed players NO stats/pres/kills for killing, supplying, damaging them..Sounds ok, but we are left with the "if these newbies luckaly kill us, we still gain a death, res and pres lost"...thats my problem with it...

true... but a newb can only kill you, if a fleet is with him. Ok, he shoots at the right moment to kill you, or will you be killed by a newbie?

Email Sorn Duskryn -{Shadewalker}- -VA-   Goto the website of Sorn Duskryn -{Shadewalker}- -VA-
g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-23 05:31   
Lol.

NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-23 05:39   
what you dont know is that the next patch they are NOT thats right NOT going to remove the senerio servers,

that is planed for much later on

what we really need to boost numbers is the patch to be ironed out, and we can only do that if people beta test and push the beta servers to its limit, to see if it will fail or not

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-23 06:15   
Anyway back on topic.

It is always good for new players to see what they can get when they pay * the MV that is * so why not give them SUPPORT only in the MV.
that means transport, supply, and if they got the rank frigates
oh yeah and a 1 week access then the MV is offlimits again.

- Axi

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-23 14:10   
Well gods soldier it seems we can have either newbie farming on FA or no new subscriptions because the newbie server isn't doing it. Plus you gotta realize newbies aren't worth much...you don't get a whole lot of combat points from a frigate or scout.

I say the newbie farming may be a necessary evil. And it's not like the newbie server would be eliminated...that used to be the 1st lieutenant server remember? That was the server to go to if you're a low rank and don't want to be farmed. The newbie server can turn into that again.

Newbie is a terrible server for people to 'demo' though. I'm gonna venture a guess and say less than 5% of people new to DS who want to demo it first actually subscribe.

It's either give them access to FA, or give them access to MV. I think giving them MV access is the bad option! THAT'S where the abuse will happen; sabotage on the FA server isn't all that big a deal in comparison. You gotta realize it HAS to be one of these two options if we want more people! OR some new coding that would give demos a way to experience the 'whole package' Access to FA is just easier...and effective. Trust me. It's just too enticing to see the big ships and want to fly them! You have to exploit human nature lol.

Spiritlift
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-23 16:37   
I suggest for this Newbie/advert/PR problem,
Added to by some of the replys above....

Skuttle Class
Using the Same Sort of frame on an Enterprise class Shuttle ? o.0 ...
This is Slightly bigger than a scout but Lacks speed, Manouverability & Firepower . This is Purely a Civillian Touring Class for Old Fogies Visiting thier young ones , Newbies Sightseeing Darkspace , Only Used By Civilians & theyre color White, to Fire apon this vessel is minus Pres or sumthin ? 0.o

*1* Tour Master .
1 tachyon drive
2 ie drives
1 fusion 1000
1 beacon
1 Hvy armour

Same sorta rules as what no.2 & suggested, ie: Unsubscribers Cannot alter planets or mod lots more etc , also ...
Could code it so that these spawn in the system with the most clients in it at the time.

anywayz juz an idea

Personally Id Like to see new ships all round , sumin with a very painful bite , sumin to strike fear deep within the nme At sight .. Sumin a Kluth Dessie Would Log at the site of, Sumin ....................................

Oh & REVERSE THRUSTERS!

Goto the website of Spiritlift
Tiggy
Midshipman
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-24 01:01   
Bump

Admins, mods, staff; anybody. I serously think this thread needs to be looked at and worked on. Lack of players is a major problem and I think the best way is to give them more rights while not playing so they get a better picture. Some ideas in here could work, some might not. But either way, something has to be done.

Email Tiggy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.013419 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR