No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » An idea to boost numbers
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author An idea to boost numbers
Tiggy
Midshipman
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-22 04:58   
I've been thinking lately; that most of our problems come from lack of players. Therefore; I think we should give un-subbed players something more to do in the game.

What I'm suggesting is this. With the upcoming deletion of all servers apart from the MV (Including the Newbie; I presume.) I suggest that we allow demo players free access to the MV, and free rank up to a low level; no access to any cruisers (Which, for those new people; will be a major benefit to subscribe.) What this should do, is boost our numbers altogether; and also; with demo's in low ranks (Under captain, I think...) We would have a lot more people in the backlines; engineers, supply ships, transports.

Just an idea I had. Please take it seriously.

Email Tiggy
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-22 05:02   
Personally i think some Civilian Ships for newbs would be cool.. kill a newb in a Civ ship would only mean wastin your torps.. no gain no losse
and it would give them a chance to take in the Sights and do some Sight seeing.

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-22 05:11   
you mean something like a tour bus

still the idea is neat let them see the frenzy thats out there

- Axi

Ismael Yu5 {=*=}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-22 07:07   
I totaly agree. I heard from my friend that hes brother tryed Ds but didnt subsrcibed because he means there isnt much action in. i think we should let the newbies play in the mv.
This gives us 2 advantages:
- there will see what Darkspace vcan be in higher ranks
- the massive new players trying to play in the mv would also boost the number of players that subscribed but thought mv is to difficouldt for them

there is one think we should do to not scare the new ones out.
If somebody with a rank higher than 1st Lieutenant kills a realy new player with the midship man rank and without a subscribtion the killer would get prestige lost. this should prevent the skilled players to do newbie farming.

[color=yellow][size=3]VENI VIDI VICI[/size][/color] - Juilius Cäsar

Email Ismael Yu5 {=*=}
thebold
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-22 07:10   
and allow them access to kluth dessys?

Null {C?}
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2003-08-22 07:54   
How about this one:
Let demo players have access to two ship classes Extractors and Frigates
with the resource transport system coming where the players will be more involved in moving resources and goods, it will offer a chance for newbies to become very involved in the support of their faction, showing them the fun and camaradarie that the game offers but denying them the chance to pilot the capital ships. They would become an integral piece of the game system, and would certainly help in boosting the player population in the MV.

Ismael Yu5 {=*=}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-22 08:10   
@ bolt what we also could is to cancel the oportunity to mod a the ships for unsubscribed players

[color=yellow][size=3]VENI VIDI VICI[/size][/color] - Juilius Cäsar

Email Ismael Yu5 {=*=}
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-22 16:14   
I'm pretty sure I heard that the Newbie server will stick around for a while, even if FA is removed.

Email Tbone
Imaginary Shifty
Midshipman

Posted: 2003-08-22 16:16   
*jumps up* MV = dessie playground

Beyond Imagination Hosted by Twisted Designs

Email Imaginary Shifty   Goto the website of Imaginary Shifty
g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-22 17:08   
Maybe they should be able to play MV for a shorttime, like a week, and only been able to use Frigates and other low class ships (nothing above frig)...maybe it would make more of them subb..but then again, i think something should be done about trying to keep the current playerbase, I myself play alot, but theres really nothing for me to do anymore, ive capped every planet 4times, ive bombed every planet 4times, ive wiped out all 3 factions, and ive completed my main 2 goals for some time now(100k pres and #1 Creds)...i love the game and all, and dont really wanna quit, but its like theres nothing to do anymore for us who have done it all, Stats can only make you keep playing for so long, and once you have reached a certain point in all the stats and have done everything there is to do, your going to get bored with the game and wanna quit, i dont really look at the patch as a "brining back the Older players and everyone else will resub", even tho thats what many people say they are doing, i dont really know anymore...

what im trying to say is, even if the Patch isnt released, Newbies will still sub b/c the game is new to them, and with them subbing you have people leaving b/c its the same thing over and over for them, maybe not focus on gaining MORE players and focus on KEEPING the current playerbase, no matter what newbies WILL subb b/c they havent been threw the game like the rest of us have who are/have left b/c it got boring and..I dont know the word that discribs it so ill just say, Repetative?

I'm sorry for posting abit off-topic, but i just thought i should.

Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-08-22 18:28   
Quote:

On 2003-08-22 17:08, g0ds s0ldier wrote:
Maybe they should be able to play MV for a shorttime, like a week, and only been able to use Frigates and other low class ships (nothing above frig)...maybe it would make more of them subb

i think the newbies should get access to no more than a frig but we should give them acces to 1/4 of the metaverse so they still have a reason to sub
[edit] when i was a newb i didn't even know there was a mv....... (pathetic isn't it)

Be nice, Be fair, Be known.......

[ This Message was edited by: Sarge [Nobody] [CA] on 2003-08-22 18:28 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-22 23:12   
You won't get any new players to subscribe if they can't experience the whole game in some way (even just observing). Limiting them to the newbie server where everything's already limited isn't enticing enough...they need access to FA.

And for anyone who would cry about newbies messing things up in FA...if it's true that it's gonna be eliminated anyway then what's the problem?

I say, if they could join and play on FA with the same limitations they have on newbie, many would want to subscribe. Seeing those dreads in action, being killed by their awesome power compared to their own, all the different ships, and they themselves limited to only the peon ships, might cause them to subscribe. I know that works for me with games.

Keeping them only on that boring server called Newbie isn't getting anyone to subscribe (believe me I'm there almost every day I hear it all the time).

II
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-22 23:47   
Allow anyone into the meta verse, but do not allow unsubscribed accounts to:

1.) Engineer planets in any way.
2.) Control planet defense in any way.
3.) Pick up troops. (They can still drop them off, if say, a team mate was to unload a few, that way the unsubscribed user can still participate in capping missions, but can't ruin planet defenses.)
4.) Self destruct.
5.) Mod ships.
6.) Resrtict ship use to fighters, frigates, light supplies and extractors.
7.) Allow them to spawn from shipyards, but not deplete resources (Which shouldn't be a problem with the small ships.)
8.) FF from unsubscribed accounts should not happen. If an unsubscribed account fires on a friendly ship, the munitions would still explode and what not, only they would do no damage. (This is to stop people from taking unsubscribed accounts into the MV and FFing friendlys to harass or bombing friendly planets.)

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-22 23:53   
Letting Unsubbed accounts play in FA is a BAD idea. It will result in people Newbie Farming, the SAME reason the Rank Limit was placed on the Newbie Server. I'm Strongly against it.

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-08-23 03:33   
Make unsubscribed people give no pres whatsoever to the subbed players. And kills do not count either. And, anyway, how much damage is a frigate/scout likely to do to a dred/station anyway? Certainly not much.
And if given acess to MV, not letting them engineer planets without subbing will prevent players from sabotageing the MV by simply creating a new acount.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025250 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR