No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Radical Suggestions!
 Author Radical Suggestions!
Nimbus *A*
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-22 01:26   
First of I'd like to say I appreciate what the developers work and that my suggestions are meant only to improve the game. That’s why I'm trying to find practical ways of implementing them. Also I’m a Total Noob and I admit it, I know nothing of what they are adding so I’m just adding my two cents. All my suggestions are up for discussions and I hope that the Developers use this to help make a better game, and Sorry but this will be long.

Ok now to the Suggestions

First a Trading scheme,
Keep the current goods that the “Military” uses and add Ai Traders for each Faction; they are connected with the Star ports like Transports in a way. This trade ship is different in two ways from the Transport. First it’s completely AI controlled, it run from world to world delivering Trade goods (Basically every thing from Luxury items to pens and paper to Farming machinery, Keep in mind thou I mean them to be Named goods like Machinery, Luxury Items, and Misc Goods, Etc, At Least 5 an no more then 8 ) Each planet produces a different good and it consumes X% of the Resources mined. (I’m thinking the Trade goods can be selected in a special menu in the F5 or by a new building or both). Planet’s then use their desired Trade Good, which then can’t make at home, to give small increases in production, research, power production, and Moral. Desired Trade good could be random or chosen by planet type. This would give both the Players some thing to trade in and some thing for Players with Pirate tendencies to join in the fun.

This would also add to the Fun of Raiding enemy supply lines and pirating enemy commerce.

Second Orbital,
I see two ways to do this one is to use existing asteroids as the “receptacle” or slot you build them on or make Slots around Planets in space to do it. (5 slots around a planet is a lot) Basically when I think Orbital I’m thinking you’ll need two all new Ship types to do it. (Asteroid mover and Space Engineer) These Orbital Constructions could be anything from Sensor “Turrets” to Ship Yards, and Trade Stations, and being in Space they can be destroyed easier then those similar structures on the planets, but can be relatively rapidly deployed (costing Resources that have to be on the Space Engineer to build). The Three I have in mind my self are The Shipyard, the Dry-dock or Moorings, and the Trade Stations.
The Shipyard is to build Ai “helper” Ships (I’ll talk about this later) and Custom built Player ships for players that connect directly to the system, (Explaining where the ship comes from and with a suitable wait timer, Which comes the choice, build a ship on the frontier or fly there which is faster?), The Ship yard uses planetary labor about 5-10 would be reasonable
The Dry-docks or Moorings are a place where players can dock to get their ships repaired (I’d say 3 or 4 reload rate) or Stored so some one who logs of after storing their ship in say BD can Logon later and fly their ship out of BD, the Down side of this is that if the Dry-docks or Moorings get destroyed then the ships inside are toast. 2-5 population would be reasonable
The Trade Stations are big stations and need to orbit a Planet with 40 Population as work force, but here you can by any Part (at a 50% mark up) and buy Mercs for Planet Conquests, the problem being that they are expensive and the elites are not as good as the rest of the races elites. Also ships can be sold here (providing they are not Government Issue) and bought at a (50-100%); there is also instant Transportation from system to system (as long as it’s the same Government that owns the station) for a fee. Meaning You can log on go to a Trade Station on the Front get a Ship built and ship out ( so long as all the Orbital are around the same planet)
This would add immensely to the Engineering portion of the game and add a host of new strategies to the game.

Third Improvement to the Monetary Scheme,
Let’s Face it I hate defending Mycopia 4 time (Thus 40 min) for some credits, so here's what I have thought up, Fleet Balances, Government pay, and Putting planetary Income to good use. First with the addition of the Trading Scheme listed above players can now make a living, (vs. a dying in combat) to make some money, that’s fine for some but what about a Fleet? Fleet Balances (Filled with tax revenues on controlled planets) are divided between the players every day, based on their standing in the Fleet (Rank vs. Number of members, Meaning the Higher you are the more money you get) The Fleet balance is accessed when ever someone runs out of money. And by updating once a day there is little leaching of the account. View it as a sort of Fleet pay, that way aggressive Fleets get more money. Government Pay based on rank and is fixed increasing as your rand rises paid once a week as a lump sum. This would put he Planet Income stat to good use in general (I don’t know if its’ used for any thing right now)

Forth and Final (For now any way ) AI Helper ships
These are ships that are built at the Shipyard though when building you have to specify AI ship some how. They could be done individually of by Fleet control. And probably no bigger then a Destroyer. This way one Player could take a planet by his self, but only if he can beat the Fleet in the system, using a simple Scrip to run to Distress signals (all AI ships in 10 s jump), to send Distress signals (when attacked) and to return to posting (Last player ordered position) and Rank overrides (Meaning Fleet admirals orders some thing no rear admiral is gona be able to counter. But if a Commander orders some thing a captain can counter sort of thing). There would be a Limit to the Number of AI ships in a system based on size and faction (for example every faction could have 1 Dread 2 cruisers, 4 destroyers, 8 frigates, and 12 scouts in a system but no more then that, Lag is bad now don’t want to make it worse. Extra components to aid against abuse of this would be Comm. Jammers (Vs Distress Signals) and Dictors

Any way these are my Ideas I’ll post more after people post a bit
- Mevon

[ This Message was edited by: Mevon on 2003-08-22 01:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Mevon on 2003-08-22 01:27 ]

Page created in 0.005300 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR