No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Starport Inventories
 Author Starport Inventories
AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-08-17 11:02   
Everyone notices when you pull up to the starport to mod your ship that after about a week of your mod planet not getting bombed to dust, about 600 tachyon jumpdrives have accumulated on the K'luth tech planet, because 99% of the playerbase uses Antimatter Jumpdrives. Then, for those of us who are ICC, there are those 508 reactive shields on our ICC mod planet.

This seems like a silly thing to have to sift through when you are modding in a hurry. The list of available mod options can get to be almost 6 rows high. And, I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I have heard that all of the crap in starports throughout the Metaverse can begin to cause lag to appear on the little actions that we take for granted.

My proposal is this: there should be a way to purge the objects in the starports. Not everything at once, but selected things. Do the K'Luth need all 800 ECCM that came stock on their ships that are sitting in their starports? Don't give the ability to purge to everyone on the faction if you see abuses.

Maybe only members of that fleet, and this would also let them have a little more control on modding, they could set up a trade and control what comes in and what goes out. Anywho, this would help streamline the game and polish it into the finished product it ought to be. There doesn't need ot be all of the things sitting in starports anyway, so this feature would be simple to use.

Bito

Sorry if this sounds like an English paper.

Puppies gotta die, too.

Page created in 0.005601 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR