Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Customizable Ships
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Customizable Ships
UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-08-08 14:48   
Now i dont know if this idea was presented in the past but i thought it give my imagination a whirl at this...

I was thinking that somewhere in the future of darkspace, we could build up our own ships for each class....Say like this, having parts from the both of the Dreadnoughts on the ICC put into one ship, but the weapon slots(mainly the amount) would have to stay the same along with the energy and special slots and things like that, what im trying to get at is the design and the way the ship lookis, this would give a neat twist to seeing ships of different designs all over the place, now the Kluth and UGTO would need some extra pieces to make their own designs, since they dont have two different looking Dreadnoughts or two different destroyers....And the same would go for the cruisers, stations, scouts, frigates and destroyers...IMHO this would be seriously cool, but the neatest twist would be where YOU would place the weapons at, this would give a nice little look to this game in the future..

Now flame me all you want..This is just my opinion on this idea....Ideas and advice would be nice to hear from your point of view*looks at the dakrspace community for their ideas on this subject*

Email UnknownWarrior
Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-08 15:01   
a quote:

"I have a dream..."

-ohne Worte-

conswirloo [V]
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-08 15:15   
There was some talk, a while back, of implementing a ship customization feature. If thats still in the plans I'm sure its fairly far down the road from here.

Email conswirloo [V]
DragonWarrior
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-08 15:46   
i like the idea of custom ships and i dont know why u others dont. it will allow for the player to personalize their ships for MAXIMUM FUN ON DARK SPACE. DARK SPACE IS I THINK SUPPOSED TO BE FOR FUN ISN'T IT? srry about caps lock. i do think that there should be custom ships i do think there should be custom ships i do think there should be custom ships i do think there should be custom ships i do think there should be custom ships. y not? it will give lower ranks a chance to beat those admirals and there invicible dreads. ... they are so mean... but please please please please please make custom ship tech. ty i would be this HAPPY!
The difference between a fighter and a warrior lies in the mind and the spirit. The fighter, regardless if the fear death or not, embraces it. Also, they hold no wisdom, regardless of knowledge. The warrior is wise and neither fears nor embraces death.

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-08 16:24   
New Ships=$$$$$$$Bling$$$$$$$

and Faus, gotta get the Bling b4 we get the ships...

DragonWarrior
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-08 17:02   
i dont want to need money! u shouldnt have brought that up, because now we will need it.
The difference between a fighter and a warrior lies in the mind and the spirit. The fighter, regardless if the fear death or not, embraces it. Also, they hold no wisdom, regardless of knowledge. The warrior is wise and neither fears nor embraces death.

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-08-08 18:21   
Or it could be from system resources....If that makes it better

Email UnknownWarrior
DragonWarrior
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-08 21:07   
it does thnx

Sven
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-08-08 21:24   
Imagine just imagine what you could turn a station into if we had customizable ships....

Sven Viking: Dynamiting himself to pieces since 5/30/2003!

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-08-08 21:31   
heck yea then i can make the dreams of my crusier class resupply ship a possablity if we had TOTAL control over the systems put onboard a ship. good thinkinh Lee ~ kisses his cheeck softly~ um ophs ~ turns red ~

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vesuvius
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-08 22:12   
I remember a long time back I heard the eventual goal would be to spawn a bare hull and then you would load it with whatever devices you wanted. I don't know how customizable this idea was intended to be. I think giving gadgets power/size values and allowing you to stack together whatever combo you wanted would be cool, but it might cause a lot of balance issues too.

Might need to specify certain hull type restrictions for certain gadget and back them up with appropriate fiction. For instance, a ship-mounted interdictor is too big/too much drain for destroyer or smaller but causes hull instability in dread and larger due to the quantum singularity used to disrupt jump drives. Thus only dictor cruisers.

PS Sven, man, that sig has got to go. Some things are best forgotten don't you think?

[ This Message was edited by: Vesuvius*A* on 2003-08-08 22:19 ]

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-08-08 23:56   
I was meaning more along the lines of this, mainly what the ship looks like and its weapon locations, but you would still have to follow the rules and restrictions to what weapons and how many you had on it, say if you were an Admiral with all the recomended Badges for the EAD and AD, you could fit all the weapons on it in your own places and have your ship look the way you want it just as long as it is within the limits...BUT, what ever amount of weapons a ship can have remains the same...

Put it like this, where you have the Log Off, Command options in the Garage menu, what ship you click on, then it pops up with the Command Option so long as you have everything for it, then next to that option it would have Customization(only for MV use, since more resources) mainly the ships apearance and weapon locations and engine locations would change, but the amount of weapons, engines, specials etc. would remain the same number as long as its in the class of ship that you chose to customize.

Email UnknownWarrior
DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-09 02:57   
I remember a while ago when we were able to change any part for any part...
I had a heavy supply (UGTO) which was hunting ICC ADs
(5 cl2k, 1 flux beam, 4 heavy armor, 2 reloads)
looking back to those times it was not funny

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-08-09 03:34   
right cuz yhe dreads you were hunting were shootint 16 PCMS or had dictors and cloaks and stuff

DragonWarrior
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-09 11:00   
lol

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026791 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR