No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » The cloak
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author The cloak
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-08-08 00:43   
Quote:

On 2003-08-08 00:21, g0ds s0ldier wrote:
Quote:

On 2003-08-08 00:14, Wolfram [0157] {C?} o|-|][0 138™ wrote:

ROFL....useless? The cloak saved my carapace last night in FA

notice the KEY word in what he said, notice it clearly, and you will agree this person diserves a flame.

Also notice, I'm ICC in MV. Pretty hard for me to make Cloak-comments like that in the MV isn't it? See, I need to get a silver engineer badge. Those are relatively harder to get in the MV than in FA.

JediKnight
Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-08 00:45   
Oh I see, so your reasoning is that because its few uses come when not in battle that it makes it that useful? You keep your cloak, but give ME the option of removing mine for other things. I find no great uses for it in the MV. Fleet Admiral is irrelevant.

Pink is almost getting as good as bart with chirping into every post, even the ones he doesn't like.

Goto the website of JediKnight
JediKnight
Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-08 00:48   
it was 3 on 14, i suppose my only other option was to let you kill me.

Stracius
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-08 00:56   
Quote:

On 2003-08-08 00:48, JediKnight wrote:
it was 3 on 14, i suppose my only other option was to let you kill me.

Eh, it was actually 2 on 6, coombie didn't come in until later. It's really sad when 2 kluth can keep 3-4 dreads and a station from capping a planet. Kinda ruins the fun of a game when it gets tedious just to have to find your opponents as they're mining you to death. But anyway, it's kill or be killed. you don't like the numbers, get more of your fleet in. Using lack of people as an excuse isn't acceptable, or any other reason for that matter.

Goto the website of Stracius
JediKnight
Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-08 00:58   
actually i began defense of those 3 planets by myself around 5PM CST and where you came in was like 6 hours later.

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-08-08 01:03   
my thoughts:

cloak should be more effective, but sucks up energy alot (as in you cannot keep it up forever) though ECCM should have nowhere near the effect it did back then.

also even when cloaked there should be a chance of detection regardless...

I don't like the everyone-or-noone bit

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-08-08 01:05   
heh... I keep telling you bugs to just do a few coordinated cloaked-scale strikes (the cloak is to hide the visual of the ship, most people react differently to a kluth-dread than to a kluth-cruiser... all those beams may fool the fleet into moving away, rather than pulling around), jump in with 3 to 6 of em, alpha, then maneuver like hell out. Deadly effective in the right situations, and an excellent surgical strike, as the scale group readies to rejump and remove/cripple another ship.

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-08 01:22   
Sorry but the "Master Scale Plan" is just crap...the thing has no spec slot so it only takes 1 ECCM to make it seen...and no1 in their right mind would run from a Scale, the thing has only 3 Torp slots, all you have to do is stay at least 300gu from it and ripp it with torps, no1 would "run" from a scale, and lets be honest, there arent 3 - 6 peple stupid enuff to get in a Ship like that with no real Armor, no Special slot, just to get 1 Close shot and thats it...im not trying to burst your bubble or anything, but you said your a MV player, i hardly ever seen u in there...

JediKnight
Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-08 01:35   
What was wrong with the old system where you were cloaked and the number of ECCM present drained more energy meaning you couldn't move as fast? There was a fundamental problem with it and I can't remember what it was?

Spiritlift
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-08 01:41   
I Like Coke With Bourbon

Oh What a Feeling .. Coca~Cola

in all seriousness i think Faustus has fixxed it (in the new patch , coming to a server near you) for the meantime it has its pros & Cons ... get over it.

Goto the website of Spiritlift
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-08-08 02:14   
Well Jedi ~

The gameplay was messed up

It was long ago, but most of the time human players never wanted to leave their planets.

Also, to give you an idea~ a Claw killed (not heavily damaged; KILLED) anything smaller than a cruiser in like one shot

And a cruiser (ICC at least) had to frantically redirect shields to survive

that was long ago...but i remember when i first got a Heavy Cruiser, it made me so happy that i could survive a Claw Alpha.

Main defense strategy was to Ejump when the yellow beams appeared

of course the k'luth had NO armor ~ and their hull values were low too ~ so most of the time they would move in under cloak, rip off an alpha, and jump out. Otherwise the human ship (s) (if they survived) ripped them to shreds pretty quick.

If there was a dictor, they would jump to edge of dictor, try to make it in without losing all power, alpha, and then run for the hills ~ so to speaks...

see i mostly played FA during that time period ~ MV was pretty empty ~ so I have no idea how the MV play was then.

[ This Message was edited by: Calamity Clogs on 2003-08-08 02:14 ]

The Monty
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-08 04:47   
Quote:

On 2003-08-08 00:01, JediKnight wrote:
Instead give us full armor mounts.

The cloak isnt the balancing factor here, the reason you dont have more armour is because of the weapon loadouts AND the cloak. You want more armour? Thats fine, you get ships looking like everyone elses. Then we can rename the game BlandSpace.

JediKnight
Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-08 12:31   
ok so its because the cloak AND the weapon loadouts, i can understand that, no human dessies have anywhere near that armament as far as beams tend to go.

However I am still willing to give up my ability to cloak for ANYTHING else, i don't care if its one gauss cannon.

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-08-08 12:45   
One thing about cloak is that it masks which way the cloaked ship is facing. With most of the weapon mounts being forward facing, this can be a help in a battle, as it doesn't let your opponent see when your back is to him. This is great because it doesn't let him get behind you as easily. Of course, whenever a ship has that extra layer on the front, just go towards the ring that has the lightest ring of red. Whenever I ever play K'luth (FA, or the brief MV periods) I've normally kept it on unless it was me against many opponents. But this is normally an unheralded benefit of cloak, and I'm sure that the many miners on K'luth woudln't be nearly as effective without this.

Puppies gotta die, too.

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-08-08 13:46   
Quote:

On 2003-08-08 01:22, g0ds s0ldier wrote:
Sorry but the "Master Scale Plan" is just crap...the thing has no spec slot so it only takes 1 ECCM to make it seen...and no1 in their right mind would run from a Scale, the thing has only 3 Torp slots, all you have to do is stay at least 300gu from it and ripp it with torps, no1 would "run" from a scale, and lets be honest, there arent 3 - 6 peple stupid enuff to get in a Ship like that with no real Armor, no Special slot, just to get 1 Close shot and thats it...im not trying to burst your bubble or anything, but you said your a MV player, i hardly ever seen u in there...

You're missing the point. Even if they do see your signatures, the group will look more like a pair of dreadnoughts than several cruisers. The manner in which most fleets react is very different for either one- if they at first believe you to be a few dreadnoughts, they will pull away from you to evade beams, torpedo's etc, and then maneuver to bear weaponry, giving you time to jump away and prepare for another run thru the fleet. If they know you are cruisers from a visual identification the moment you appear, they will simply pull around you and attack you right away. The scale has more than '3 torps slots'. Notice the 4,5, or 6 (cant remember exactrly) hvy beam slots. Those, en masse, tend to make the appearance of a dreadnought.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024910 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR