Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » The cloak
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author The cloak
JediKnight
Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-08 00:01   
REMOVE it. It is useless and if we complain about it the other factions whine. Just remove it all together it is completely ineffective at all times when enemies are present. Instead give us full armor mounts. come on, you know you want to, OR why not just make the damn thing... i dunno. useful. I'd be glad not to hide behind ECM forts, but since the enemy ALWAYS i mean ALWAYS has 5-6 ECCM running.. its just silly. Remove the cloak and give us more armor.

I do not see ANY ANY reason to keep it, in its current state.

Goto the website of JediKnight
'A1Tyrael
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-08 00:04   
Keep it

Hello Joe! ;)

JediKnight
Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-08 00:07   
See what I mean, nobody would make that compromise. We have one or two armors at most and the same hull values. So I'm willing to give up my useless cloaking ability for more armor. I don't see why not.

Goto the website of JediKnight
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-08 00:08   
I would have to agree with the Jedi.

whenever i play as a k'luth, i almost NEVER see the cloak used, and when it is, it's usualy taken off to give more power to weapons. also, the lack of armor on ships make them almost usless. yes, you could attack, run away then cloak, but most ships with ECCM and Scanners make this tatic usless. so get rid of. at least give us 2 armor full mounts... or 4 on each one like the rest of the ships...

Give the k'luth a chance to withstand the Nerfness coming to them in the next patch.

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-08-08 00:14   
ROFL....useless? The cloak saved my carapace last night in FA, where an AC flew within 10 or 11 gu of my Drone Engineer...

The K'luth are supposed to be a HIT AND RUN faction. Admittedly, they arent entirely true to that, but removing cloak and adding armor would effectivelly kill their original design aspect.

NoPants2win
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-08 00:15   
The cloak helps in the mv when its time to cut and run. Placing a jump within 4k is tricky (depending on the circumstances) but you need hair trigger reflexes and a coffee intravenous to cut your jump within 2k.

Goto the website of NoPants2win
Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-08-08 00:16   
"bitch! whine! moan! groan!" was what I immediately thought when I read the thread title and the first line that said to remove it.

I wish people wouldnt post these threads...

As for the part where you said to remove the Cloak and give the drainer 4 more armor slots, I think your mad, a nutter, someone who deserves to live in a nut house. If your too n00bish to learn when to time the elf beam correctly then go to another faction, that is if your not too weak of a player to learn to use a faction that has a harder time than K'luth be my guest.

- A Disgruntled Nelson

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-08 00:17   

this post contains no subliminal messages to faustus

..kaolc..xif..tsum kaolc..xif..tsum..

Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-08-08 00:18   
Quote:

On 2003-08-08 00:07, JediKnight wrote:
See what I mean, nobody would make that compromise. We have one or two armors at most and the same hull values. So I'm willing to give up my useless cloaking ability for more armor. I don't see why not.

n00b! its not useless! As an ICC player I would do anything to get a cloak for the ICC, and you want to take it away from your own faction!

Jesus! Save us all!

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-08 00:21   
Quote:

On 2003-08-08 00:14, Wolfram [0157] {C?} o|-|][0 138™ wrote:

ROFL....useless? The cloak saved my carapace last night in FA

notice the KEY word in what he said, notice it clearly, and you will agree this person diserves a flame.

Mystikal
Vice Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-08-08 00:23   
you just dont know how to use it right.. keep messing with the kluth and it will get ALOT better hehe and in the begining of a game its a huge advantage.

Stracius
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-08 00:25   
bah, Jedi's just groaning cuz we called him lame for sitting under about 10 or so ecm bases tonight. I think cloak should stay, but it needs to be fixed. I do agree that it is weak, but I don't think it should be to the point where Kluth can attack with impunity and never be seen (i.e. the ecm base "exploit"). I wouldn't mind seeing a cloak that can withstand eecm's and stay hidden, but not where it can be kept up while firing (kinda like star trek universe, (and that's just a comparison, I *know* this isn't the star trek universe)). Cloak is one of the Kluth mainpoints, if you think you're weaker off with it, go play with ICC or UGTO, you'll get plenty of armor or shields there. What's that? Then you wouldn't be able to mount cl2k galore on dessies or cruisers? Shucks. Neither can I.

Goto the website of Stracius
Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-08 00:32   
oh lord more crying about how un fair the game is, all i have to say is GET SOME SKILL AND STOP CRYING

conswirloo [V]
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-08 00:35   
Cloak doesn't work the way it should, no doubt, but its far from useless.

Email conswirloo [V]
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-08-08 00:37   
cloak is hardly useless. it cuts detectrange down to 2.5k (max). If you mount an ECM, or even just carry one in cargo for this situation, then 90% of the time, a ship that chases you wont mount enuf eccm to see you.

~ cloak is what makes ECM forts, ecm forts.

~cloak gives K'luth uber-minelayers.

~cloak prevents a quick estimate of k'luth forces.

~ cloak FORCES icc/ugto ships to mount eccm in order to have a fighting chance, sacrificing valuable pulse/reactor/etc slots.

~so cloak is hardly USELESS. It is not what it once was - BUT NOT USELESS!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022223 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR