No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Marines and Shock Troops (Calamity came up with this i'm just posting it k)
 Author Marines and Shock Troops (Calamity came up with this i'm just posting it k)
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-05 16:20   
got this idea from Calamity would like to thank him i will modify some of the details for these new infantry units as i see fit

Marines:your first strike troops cause more damage to systems than the army boys (current infantry is assumed to be the army's troops) and are better for planetary invasions

Shock Troops:These are bio enhanced soldiers offensive power is increases 2 times for greens the best troops for planetary invasions and capturing ships

Remember Calamity came up with this idea just refreshing it

[ This Message was edited by: Cobra 1-1 on 2003-08-05 16:26 ]

Email A Troll =SSC=
Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-08-05 18:33   
what about tanks
and some sort of troop carring vehicle - helicopters?
Don't forget about buildings [the recycler recycles ie drives and such other useless items..][DS bank] don't remeber how it works

[ This Message was edited by: Sarge [Asgard]{Thor} on 2003-08-05 18:42 ]

Spiritlift
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-05 18:54   
hmmm i dunno bout you guyz but i dont think emphasis should go on troops & stuff . i mean we already drop nukes ,chemicals ,& napalm on each other , EverydayAnother fandangle piece of "technology" puts another person out work .. I can Only Imagine the Mass Weapons of distruction being made that wipe out planets/eco systems/everything & really even with humane laws/educated agreements between races they will still not ferry live ppl onto a planet except to extract people or resources ,, hmmmmm ..anywayz in that case what about plannies like nhezack or hwagathi (baren) .. thing is DS is Set in Space & In the Future ... Think on that ....Sheesh theyre saying the newest jets will be the last flown manually anyway ..ie moving into sat nav & stuff

Personally i want more explosions , chaos , disasters .. QSB , Multi mirvs , chemical nuetralization tech that wipes out all organic life on a planet leaving only structures & resources Ripe for the plucking ..Pestilence plagues , famine , disease ,Anthrax , Clones , Asteroids, comets , black holes , interstellar anomilities , supernovas, toll booths in the middle of nowhere , pirates , drug runners , smugglers , interplanetary trading & a more indepth planet maintenance system , navigation virus's (computer failures)*ingame of course* gas clouds/gaifen/asteroids interfering with systems , politicians, faction policing , cops & robbers , the common cold , runny noses , smelly socks & a pink Space faring dreadnought Eating Kangaroo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goto the website of Spiritlift
Lupino
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-05 19:24   
Bah, if you come up with more ways to turn the crust of a planet into slag, what's the point in capturing it later?

Extrapolating on this idea...

Army Troops- Current DS troops, a base for other troops' abilites, equal amount of attack & defense

Shock Troops- Trained in the art of offense, recieve a bonus whenever invading a planet, but are ill-suited to defending territory

Fortress Troops- Trained to hold ground, recieve a bonus whenever defending a planet from invasion, the polar opposite of Shock Troops

Marines- Same abilities as Army, except when boarding enemy ships do more damage to systems/better at protecting friendly ships from boarding

Engineering Corps- Slightly less abilities compared to Army troops, except do extra damage to buildings, and help repair damaged friendly buildings faster

Armored Divisions- Mechanized units, move faster compared to other troops

Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-08-05 21:13   

[ This Message was edited by: Sarge [Asgard]{Thor} on 2003-08-06 14:10 ]

conswirloo [V]
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-05 21:15   
Quote:

On 2003-08-05 19:24, Lupino [RIP R33] wrote:

Marines- Same abilities as Army, except when boarding enemy ships do more damage to systems/better at protecting friendly ships from boarding

And better looking, too.

Email conswirloo [V]
Daylight \"The Beginning\"
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-05 23:00   
Quote:

On 2003-08-05 18:54, Spiritlift wrote:
hmmm i dunno bout you guyz but i dont think emphasis should go on troops & stuff . i mean we already drop nukes ,chemicals ,& napalm on each other , EverydayAnother fandangle piece of "technology" puts another person out work .. I can Only Imagine the Mass Weapons of distruction being made that wipe out planets/eco systems/everything & really even with humane laws/educated agreements between races they will still not ferry live ppl onto a planet except to extract people or resources ,, hmmmmm ..anywayz in that case what about plannies like nhezack or hwagathi (baren) .. thing is DS is Set in Space & In the Future ... Think on that ....Sheesh theyre saying the newest jets will be the last flown manually anyway ..ie moving into sat nav & stuff

Personally i want more explosions , chaos , disasters .. QSB , Multi mirvs , chemical nuetralization tech that wipes out all organic life on a planet leaving only structures & resources Ripe for the plucking ..Pestilence plagues , famine , disease ,Anthrax , Clones , Asteroids, comets , black holes , interstellar anomilities , supernovas, toll booths in the middle of nowhere , pirates , drug runners , smugglers , interplanetary trading & a more indepth planet maintenance system , navigation virus's (computer failures)*ingame of course* gas clouds/gaifen/asteroids interfering with systems , politicians, faction policing , cops & robbers , the common cold , runny noses , smelly socks & a pink Space faring dreadnought Eating Kangaroo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I love it...hurry up and get this stuff in the game!!!!!!!! DS WOULD HAVE MORE PLAYERS THAN EQ AND UO COMBINED!

Email Daylight \
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-06 13:37   
Lupino i agree completely except about the marines they should also be better than army troops at invasions
also one more unit
Cavalry:a cross between a mechanized and infantry division the fastest ground unit in the game used for probing a enemy ground units weakness and exploiting it
cavalry is faster than armored units and armored units are faster than infantry one more infantry unit i think should be in the game should be a special faction only unit only that faction can build its special unit ok starting with UGTO

Super Soldiers:Bio Engineered and Enhanced for superior reaction time strength eyesight and trained to be ruthless and obedient these troops have their combat effectiveness doubled 2x better than all unit experinces
(they are supersoldiers) UGTO only unit due to their effectiveness they are to be used only in MV and will be limited the only unit that comes close to this units effectiveness is the shock troops

ok now for ICC
Guerillas:these guys are always hidden they do not appear except when they attack they do hit and run attacks these troops lower the enemy troops morale greatly (how would u like to wake up every night and get shot at) shock troops are the best to deal with these kind of troops

Kluth special unit:make one up please i ran out of ideas

Email A Troll =SSC=
Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-08-06 14:11   
Quote:

On 2003-08-05 19:24, Lupino [RIP R33] wrote:
Bah, if you come up with more ways to turn the crust of a planet into slag, what's the point in capturing it later?

Extrapolating on this idea...

Army Troops- Current DS troops, a base for other troops' abilites, equal amount of attack & defense

Shock Troops- Trained in the art of offense, recieve a bonus whenever invading a planet, but are ill-suited to defending territory

Fortress Troops- Trained to hold ground, recieve a bonus whenever defending a planet from invasion, the polar opposite of Shock Troops

Engineering Corps- Slightly less abilities compared to Army troops, except do extra damage to buildings, and help repair damaged friendly buildings faster

Armored Divisions- Mechanized units, move faster compared to other troops

i like this idea very much

Page created in 0.017002 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR