No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Battle Ships (the FA's Heavy Dreadnought)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Battle Ships (the FA's Heavy Dreadnought)
Daylight \"The Beginning\"
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-05 22:15   
First off, wyverlunder, My opinion of you has just doubled. it was not bad to start with. That is an awsome reply and extremely on topic.
As for my ideas on this subject. Read wyverlunder's reply!
Specificly I have always wanted to modify the Claw and the Gang, (sorry, I am K'luth).
The claw... 1 less beam and 1 less heavy. Add 1 full armor and 1 special for reload or ecm or reactor, don't care what.
The Gang... Drop both heavy, (what good are two torps). Yes, I know they can be replaced with mines, but this is a gang not a destroyer. Add 1 armor, 1 build/reload and 1 fighter. One fighter is worthless, two are a pain.
I could change lots of other ships but these are my dream boats.

Ok, fire away!

Email Daylight \
Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Grand Admiral
Deicide

Posted: 2003-08-05 22:18   
WHATS A ELF WAVE!? AHHH

Email Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Dometian
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-05 22:25   
You may note that Battle Cruisers died out as a ship class. Too slow to catch the Heavy Cruisers, too light to stand up to the Battleships. As commerce raiders however, they did well, witness the German Navy use in WWII. They were highly successful at tying down large portions of the British Royal Navy. But DS does not seem suitable for such use in it's current config.

Submarines were and are very very deadly. The U.S. Submarine force accounted for more sunk Japanese tonnage than all other forces combined and did so with less than 5 percent of the U.S. Naval Forces. May be hard to implement at this point in DS.

Fleet Carriers and Battleships would be nice. Dreadnoughts died and were replaced by Battleships which were in turn replaced by Fleet Carriers. But they represented a significant outpouring of resources by the building country and were commanded by Senior Officers. So make 'em expensive and rare. And some other specialized ship classes would be useful, Fleet Carriers had only the most limited defensive weapons, like pulse lasers, so that would also make it of more limited utility. Would suck to be a Fleet Carrier and have an ICC AC lay alongside and pound you to mush.

Email Dometian
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-05 22:47   
Octurion I think you are wrong. DS need a super ship. A faction should have a flagship. Something that the deasies we have now can't stop alone. I am not saying it should be so much nothing can stop it but I do think it should take more than 2 other ships to put it down.

Email Daylight \
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2003-08-05 22:50   
ok...a suggestions for the Battleship class...

6 cl1k(upgradable..2 forward 4 full)
6 cl550 (full)
3 cannons (faction specific,full)
3 emp cannons(full)
9 torp slots(can hold any class missle type wep ..2 forward..2 aft...5 full)
3 special slots
6 ie engines(upgradable)
2 tach jump drives (only 1 needs to work to e-jump dependent on ship damage) but both to jump more than 45k GUs,also upgradeable but still on same requirements)
2 mines slots(initial mine is faction specific but upgradeable)
8 cargo spaces(inf)
built with full hvy armor with 4 armor/shield slots extra
1 fusion reactor 1500
3 fighters(faction specific)
1 beacon
max energy reserves 80
max speed 18 GUs
NOT usable in FA servers
max jump range 400k with amjs.250k with tach

requirements to have ship
must be FA
all gold badges currently in use
only 1 to a faction at a time.

oh and model it to be bigger than dread...but smaller than station
thats it...my idea of a battleship class ship

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Deleted
Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-05 23:42   
6 cl1k(upgradable..2 forward 4 full) -hmm lower that to 5cl1k
6 cl550 (full) -5cl550
3 cannons (faction specific,full) 5 cannons (no need more than 5 is too much)
9 torp slots(can hold any class missle type wep ..2 forward..2 aft...5 full) No more than 6 torps (just cause we dunt want it too powerfull)
3 special slots -Fine....
6 ie engines(upgradable) 5 NO MORE!
8 cargo spaces(inf) -sounds fine
built with full hvy armor with 4 armor/shield slots extra -Fine
3 fighters(faction specific) - make it a even number 4
max energy reserves 80 -noo ur evil make that 120
max speed 18 GUs -No way in hell 15 max
NOT usable in FA servers - pfft screw that
max jump range 400k with amjs.250k with tach -Fine

requirements to have ship
must be FA
all gold badges currently in use -Fine
only 1 to a faction at a time. - NO

oh and model it to be bigger than dread...but smaller than station
thats it...my idea of a battleship class ship

Thats what i think about it.... i deleted what i really didnt want

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-08-06 00:54   
the PROBLEM with Uber-Ships is that there is little reason for people to fly other stuff.

@ Daylight, sounds okay, but wouldnt it be pretty close to the shell ? (claw idea)

Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-08-06 08:52   
it would be a LOT easier to just update the dreads, dreads should NOT be eaten by any single other ship, not even by 2 dessies, or maybe even 2 cruisers, but should take a combined effort to take down.

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-06 09:32   
Quote:

can be replaced with mines, but this is a gang not a destroyer. Add 1 armor, 1 build/reload and 1 fighter. One fighter is worthless, two are a pain.

3 reloads on 2 layers of armor and hull with AHR?

you are most certainly joking?

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-06 09:36   
[quote]
On 2003-08-06 09:32, j Ctrl-y Ctrl-u Ctrl-u wrote:
Quote:

can be replaced with mines, but this is a gang not a destroyer. Add 1 armor, 1 build/reload and 1 fighter. One fighter is worthless, two are a pain.

3 reloads on 2-3 layers of armor and hull with AHR?

you are most certainly joking?

Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-06 11:27   
I never joke....it would be alot harder to take down adn I could hunt you down easier!

Email Daylight \
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-08-06 11:35   
Daylight, at least you are honest with your motives, sigh

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-08-06 11:40   
Althought this is NOT a Battleship it is however a kind of Uber ship or a powertful but usefull ship, please take a look at it and let me know what you think of it.

Crusier class Suport ship

8 Pluse Beams full [Auto Defence]
4 rail cannons forward
2 rail cannons full
4 shields
2 heavy armor Full
4 sub-light drives
2 jump drives [both must be used for long jumps]
4 reloads
2 or 4 specail slots
4 inf slots

I'm not sure about you all but I'm a gun hoe person as i jump INTO BATTLE with suppy ships AND do combat with supply ships. This ship is a design I'd like to see with this ship you will beable to have a supply ship up in the frount lines and beable to repaire rearm and defend itself also. This may be hard for the Techys to do but have the Pluse beams of this ship be able to target Trops and blow them up as with missles, mines. the rail Cannons are there to help the combat ships with the fight but are not there to be able to take out a ship on its own.If this ship[ is to powerfull then remove the Rail cannons or just have the two full mount Rails. this ship can also be for UGTO and K'Luth but i'm not too good with them to say what compounts they will have.

I hope you all take a close look at this Crusier Class Support ship and tweak it and lets see if it can AT lest be beta tested . thanks for your time all.

Janeway out

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-08-06 11:45   
~ the problem is that with that number of reloads it would be well nigh invincible

Lord Wolfgang
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-06 11:54   
Hello again.

Slightly off topic to the subject....but something that pertains none-the-less.

Rank

Having climbed up through the ranks twice now (dummy me lost his 1st account through inactivity) I've noticed several things. Hopefully I can share my perspective with you all, without making folks too angry. I play FA
exclusively right now(still havent tried MV yet), and on my last time around, only played in MV when my clan (BIS) needed help. MV was so static, you
couldn't just sit down and solo play for 30 minutes, then leave. You needed a team, and a plan, and TIME to get somewhere and do whatever the plan involved. Anyways, thats all flavor for the meat - Rank.

For those who have not gotten to a certain point, they will not understand, but for those who have passed a milestone (Usually Fleet Admiral, but not always!) Rank has no meaning. How many Fleet Adm. take out a station just beacause they can on scenario server? Sometimes to just self destruct and see how many they can take with. (Yes its funny, and I miss being able to do that) For some of your older players, a mere 40,000 prestige is not even half thier total. If you fear an abundance of "Uber Ships" then deny that abundance, raise the Bar, and create new flag ranks, 80k AND 160k ranks. Give older veterans some new spice, make a station no longer
a fun toy to blow up on struggling lower Admirals, but a speed bump to its commanders progresss to thier new (but not yet acheived) "Uber Ship".

Possible Ranks could include inserting a Commodore between Captain and 2nd RA, or some "Uber Rank" above Fleet Admiral. Every water navy has a Flagship(the best of the best) perhaps DS could too.

And so, once again, feel free to flame away

Wyverlunder - I'm not suffering from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025258 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR