No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Self Destruct Damage
 Author Self Destruct Damage
DaMadCow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-04 19:42   
I would like to increase the self destruct damage done by all ships.

However this cannot work until we figure out the self destruct problem that we all know and love.

So lets assume that its fixed and we dont have people sd'ing left and right.

I think that when a ship is blown up or self destructs (in order to do kami damage) it should be able to do rougly inbetween 30-45% hull damage to a ship of its own class. I just dont think its realistic for a dread that gets killed ontop of a fully heatlhy one to do only like 10%>x.

Maybe 30-45% is too much.

Try not to flame this. just post ideas and or criticisms.

Email DaMadCow
Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-08-04 19:45   
i totally agree i think 15 - 30 depending where they were in relation to you.. amount in gu... 0 - 10 gu full damage 10 - 35 gu half damage 35 - 75 15% gu

[ This Message was edited by: Sarge [Asgard]{Thor} on 2003-08-04 19:47 ]

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-08-04 19:49   
SD damage should be equal to the hull value of the self destructing ship, divided by the radius of Jupiter, and taken to the power of however many GU are between that ship and the Luyten Nebula. After that, all operations should be done in inverse, except with negative numbers. Then, calculate Pi precisely, and do that much damage to all ships within 5 GU.

*Edit* a lot depends on how damage drops off at range.... damage should be quite a bit higher at point blank.

[ This Message was edited by: Calamity Clogs on 2003-08-04 19:50 ]

Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-08-04 19:51   
Quote:

On 2003-08-04 19:49, Calamity Clogs wrote:
SD damage should be equal to the hull value of the self destructing ship, divided by the radius of Jupiter, and taken to the power of however many GU are between that ship and the Luyten Nebula. After that, all operations should be done in inverse, except with negative numbers. Then, calculate Pi precisely, and do that much damage to all ships within 5 GU.

*Edit* a lot depends on how damage drops off at range.... damage should be quite a bit higher at point blank.

a hull on a ship doesn't matter it would still explode all the same

Pentara
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-04 20:33   
I think it needs to be based on how many engines are on a ship. After all, it's the power planet that is going critical and starting the explosion right? Would that mean that anti-matter engines will blow up systems when a ship self-destructs? (Anti-matter explosion is tremendous energy) Or perhaps ships self-destruct by blowing all the ammunition on board up. In that case, the kluth are screwed since their ships have so many beam weapons (which dont use ammo). And what about a ship with no ammo aboard?

WhiteWolf
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-04 20:36   
I'm not certain we want Self Destruct damage raised. It makes fleet activity really hard.

Remember when stations were bombs?
Do you really want an exploding dread to do 30% hull damage to another dread? That means an exploding dread effectively disables a cruiser, and kills anything smaller.

That means, if you are in a dread or a station, you should always get ontop of the enemy, because you are always guaranteed a draw---

Game theory, my friends. Guarantee tie is the best possible outcome unless you are extremely risk seeking.

I can represent it as a decision matrix for you, if your interested

DaMadCow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-04 21:00   
well we can adjust it. And stations being bombs wont hapen once we adress the rampant amount of sding in the present game. But honestly if a dread goes boom on a cruiser it should do some damage to it. Not just be a "flesh wound"

Email DaMadCow
Ceridan
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-04 21:26   
Umm never seen that one... Station bomb? was it in beta prior phase 4(or 3 i dont remember when i arrived here) or during the 2 years ive been away (just came boutn 2 months aggo)?

stuck in Univercity limbo

WhiteWolf
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-04 21:40   
Quote:

On 2003-08-04 21:26, ceridan wrote:
Umm never seen that one... Station bomb? was it in beta prior phase 4(or 3 i dont remember when i arrived here) or during the 2 years ive been away (just came boutn 2 months aggo)?

Probably in the 2 years you were away. Stations did so much selfdestruct damages that we would
a) close jump towards someone, and then
b) SD 10 seconds before we came out of jump.

Stations blows up as you come out of jump, and everyone dies.

Cool beans.

Page created in 0.013719 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR