Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » The Hive requests enhancments
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author The Hive requests enhancments
-=Arch=-
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-04 16:27   
Greetings,
since the Humans have poisoned the Technology we cuurently are using, we must concentrate on our own technolgy and we hereby request the following modifications:

Cloak - we will accept the loss of our ability to fire while cloaked in exchange for a true cloak. The current model is worthless and therefore rendered ineffective.

Beam - We request that a lighter version of the current Disruptor be implemented. This will allow us to mount a light disruptor or perhaps a combination of Light disruptors and ELF. As with the UGTO EAD and flux cannons, we request the ability to mount some Heavy and some ELF on the ships thats namesakes embrace it. Mainly the DRAINER class and SIPHON class. A single ELF is more of a nuesance weapon.

Torpedoes, mines and missles - It has been rumored that the Humans have begun to rendure all technology unavailable. We request that these slots be changed to General and allow us to mix and match as we see fit. These changes will allow us to create ships in direct competition with the UGTO Battle Dread.

New Ship class - We have seen in combat the effectiveness of the carrier dread in several instances. Scouts report that the cannons have been upgraded and we feel we must meet this threat with a ship of our own. Please devote some engineering staff to design a Kluth Larvea carrier of our own. Perhaps is resources are limited, we could modify the Mandable Class.

Cannon Technology - Our spy's report that the humans have devoted considerable resources to new types and more powerfull versions of cannons. Perhaps we should devote some effort into a projectile weapon of our own. It would be in the General slot catagory and allow us to remove our dependance on energy based weaponry. With the loss of the human Chemical Lasers, we will need to conserver our energy as we did in the old days.

Respectfully,

Goto the website of -=Arch=-
Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-04 16:32   
Good post Arch. Cant let the rancid human scum (Roleplay BTW for u die hards) have all everything in their favour.

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-04 16:34   
About your cloak no probs there.
thats the way it should work IMO

- Axi

DaMadCow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-04 16:43   
arch i agree with you that the kluth need to be beefed up.

My only disagreemetns are

-UGTO get powerful cannons so the kluth should too
I do feel that the game needs to balanced so instead of giving the kluth the same cannon, modify the am torp to be a tad bit more poweful and hav ethe same energy drain as the fusion torp. Or something along those lines.

And i think everyone should be allowed to mix and mash.

my only goal here is to add variety and make the races distinctly differnt. Not just having them be clones of each other

Email DaMadCow
Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-08-04 16:43   
K'Luth carriers have already been discussed. As far as I understand, Carriers that can cloak would upset the ballance far too much. Being able to sit a safe distance away, and no one being able to see them with a little ECM there. I think thats the same reason why there are no K'Luth missle ships.

-=Arch=-
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-04 16:50   
How about this then .... The Carrier would have to decloak to launch fighters as well, and have a delay before launch, and a delay to recloak.

something along the lines of :
DeCloak - Open fighter bays - launch - close bays - cloak. say 10 second interval, or however long its required to load up another larvea.... once hes ready we can launch or cloak

Goto the website of -=Arch=-
g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-04 17:21   
Quote:

On 2003-08-04 16:43, DaMadCow*2RA* wrote:

modify the am torp to be a tad bit more poweful and hav ethe same energy drain as the fusion torp. Or something along those lines.

NO, do you know how much more overpowered the AC will be with those AM Torps? AM Torps already ripp Kluth Dessies easy and quik, and you think they should be stronger, and less Energy cost...i dont know about that Cow. it would only make kluth more easy to kill then they are now (Not beta, CURRENT DS)

DaMadCow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-04 17:25   
im talking about a kluth version. Something faction specific. Besides iver heard the ac will be getting changed soon anyways.

Email DaMadCow
Valerius{DK}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-04 17:41   
Well, I've actually done some thinking about this. (thats got to be a first.. me thinking ^^)

The ICC is the defensive faction whilst the Kluth and UGTO are both offensive:

1. So, the UGTO should have a bonus on Armor, so there armor should be tougher, maybe even an extra armor on the front.

2. The Kluth getting nerfed everytime someone gets killed by them... Wrong reasons dudes. The Kluth may be overpowered, but if met by superior forces you shouldnt head back home and ask for them to get nerfed, you should rather change your tactics If you look at it, the ones that started complaining where the ones who tried to kill an armada alone rather than wait for reinforcements (no offense)
The kluth should rather be given a + on Weapons and a - on Armor. That makes them weak, but still agile and powerfull

3. The ICC... the faction that fight as noble men, as knights (oh, sorry, must have fallen asleep ^^).... should rather be given a decrease in reload time for Light Lasers and other PD Weapons. and also an increase in Light weapons since they are primarily PD weapons.

These changes makes each faction unique with both disadvantages and advantages. That way noone can complain, but feel free to do it anyway ^^

Myonline

Email Valerius{DK}
Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-08-04 17:44   
Quote:

On 2003-08-04 16:27, -Arch- {The Nerfed 1} wrote:
Greetings,
since the Humans have poisoned the Technology we cuurently are using, we must concentrate on our own technolgy and we hereby request the following modifications:

Cloak - we will accept the loss of our ability to fire while cloaked in exchange for a true cloak. The current model is worthless and therefore rendered ineffective.

Beam - We request that a lighter version of the current Disruptor be implemented. This will allow us to mount a light disruptor or perhaps a combination of Light disruptors and ELF. As with the UGTO EAD and flux cannons, we request the ability to mount some Heavy and some ELF on the ships thats namesakes embrace it. Mainly the DRAINER class and SIPHON class. A single ELF is more of a nuesance weapon.

Torpedoes, mines and missles - It has been rumored that the Humans have begun to rendure all technology unavailable. We request that these slots be changed to General and allow us to mix and match as we see fit. These changes will allow us to create ships in direct competition with the UGTO Battle Dread.

New Ship class - We have seen in combat the effectiveness of the carrier dread in several instances. Scouts report that the cannons have been upgraded and we feel we must meet this threat with a ship of our own. Please devote some engineering staff to design a Kluth Larvea carrier of our own. Perhaps is resources are limited, we could modify the Mandable Class.

Cannon Technology - Our spy's report that the humans have devoted considerable resources to new types and more powerfull versions of cannons. Perhaps we should devote some effort into a projectile weapon of our own. It would be in the General slot catagory and allow us to remove our dependance on energy based weaponry. With the loss of the human Chemical Lasers, we will need to conserver our energy as we did in the old days.

Respectfully,

respectivly,
??????????????????
we may never know!
anyway i like all the ideas except the cloak...i don't know why i just don't....
no trade btw

[ This Message was edited by: Sarge [Asgard]{Thor} on 2003-08-04 19:18 ]

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-04 18:02   
Quote:

On 2003-08-04 17:41, {KD}enilnoyM wrote:

The kluth should rather be given a + on Weapons and a - on Armor. That makes them weak, but still agile and powerfull

Kluth ships only come with 1 - 2 Armors each, how much less armor can we get?

Valerius{DK}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-04 18:05   
i dont mean taking an armor off, i mean scripting in a negative bonus on Kluth Armor, so when armor is placed on kluth ships they have less resistance then on ICC or UGTO ships

Myonline

Email Valerius{DK}
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-04 18:08   
#1 K'luth are in no way a stand and fight faction, theyre meant to use hit and run tactics PERIOD.

Thats why K'luth have the fastest Engines and JD, and also the most powerful weapons that drain the most of their energy.

I support the use of a true cloak and a light disruptor, no go on the AM torps or a K'luth Carrier.

But if I remember correctly K'luth Do not need armor, in the days when they didnt have armor they were STILL good, which meant they couldent just sit and fight, giving them armor meant giving them a defence, something that wasnt supposed to e added to their faction.

And I think we all miss the old cloak which would drain your energy if there was ECM present, that would solve ALOT of problems if it was implemented.

WhiteWolf
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-04 18:32   
New ship class---

What about a gimped carrier?

Take the Mandible. (Or the Manadible, if you prefer).
Remove 4 front disruptors.
Remove all torpedos.
Make the weapon slots full.
Remove the special slot.
Give it 2 more fighters.
Remove 2 engines.

So--- 5 fighter bays, 4 weapon slots, 1 front armor, 1 full armor, 2 engines, 1 jump drive, 1 auto repair, 1 cloak, 1 left disruptor, 1 right disruptor

Make it unable to carry troops.

There isn't any problem with the Kluth having a cloaking carrier---If, and this is a big If, when it is detected, it gets massacred.
2 engines on a dread? It won't be able to dodge MIRVs. 4 Weapon slots? Barely enough to scratch a frigate. 5 Larvae---Okay amount of weaponry.

No special slot, so only 1 eccm is needed to detect it. The side disruptors? Awkward, at best. You might be able to shoot down a missile or a fighter. 2, if your really lucky.

As long as the Kluth carrier is an awkward ship, it will not be totally unbalancing. We just have to avoid the piercer phenomenon---

An invisible carrier with even moderate weaponry and good manuverability is terrifying.

An invisible carrier with terrible weaponry and poor manuverability is manageable.

[ This Message was edited by: WhiteWolf on 2003-08-04 18:36 ]

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-08-04 18:59   
Quote:

I'd go in a long diatribe about that but hmm...

My main objection to a 'true cloak' is that we will revert to the days of human fleets just sitting around planets, too scared (for good reason) to move. a True Cloak should be of limited duration only. Even if you are not moving. You know what I mean?

Quote:

ELF is already THE best defensive weapon in the game, in most situations. It can make up for armor by far.... And UGTO have absolutely no defense against it.

Quote:

Not clear ~ you mean, for K'luth to be able to manufacture ITs? I think they will get the ability to build AM mines. I'd have to think on that one.

Quote:

I can't find the big thread on k'luth carriers but i'll find it someday.

Quote:

you mean a sort of k'luth railgun?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029128 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR