No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » BIS strategy terrestrial office info
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author BIS strategy terrestrial office info
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-08-11 17:43   
no one talks about defence of cd here usaly there are enugh to counter that when needed

i talking about expanding the icc shpere and you still dont get that you dont have to make an planet defenceless to make it not so usefull for the enemy if they capture it

and im trying to get those that is contend to sit in CD and polish their combat bage to be more active also when cd or cyg dosent get invaded .

we only have the action in mv we create ourself and i rather try to expand than just sit around waiting for someone to invade all other options are not something i like.

and if you chouse to think less of my motives i advice to think them over when i play on any faction im 110% commited to it no buts or if
bis and i have been icc long before many of you icc now even heard of DS so dont give me crap about you have been icc longer than me or BIS no argument for not helping when i try to move the icc frontlines outwards.

RAGG
P:@12 C:$38
Commander of the KTS, Kamikaze Transport Squadron

[ This Message was edited by: Ragglock[KTS] on 2003-08-11 17:49 ]

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-08-11 17:49   
Oh, sorry to mention- those posts werent aimed at you offensively, but more to those in BIS and elsewhere who believed BIS was unwanted and underappreciated by the majority of ICC, to help clear things up.

On the calling you newer to the ICC than us- although you were ICC then, this is now, and things in the ICC have probably changed.

Example of discontent
Quote:

God for atleast a week ive been trying to get us out of the icc, the ships pwn! but the players suck, they have no respect for fleets that know how to play, and if pb came ICC they would only get the same respect we got,

Rousing-tactics or not, I don't think you can blame us for not getting really PO'd.

Oh, and if PB did come ICC.. yeah. We'd probably beat them with Exathran RockBadgers and empty Fusion Torpedo hulls

Tag Storage: [0157] {C?} o|-|][0 138™

[ This Message was edited by: Wolfram on 2003-08-11 18:01 ]

Masari
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-11 18:15   
If BIS does take over ICC I wonder if any of the fleet will help them for it. I bet if they do it alot of fleets will change to another faction. Because an fleet I was in did it when BIS came to ICC

Drouid
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-11 18:38   
well i come when i can. sorry but real life and work take priority over darkspace. though i am in MV most of the time. and do come when the call for help is heard.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-11 19:29   
I think BIS should come back to KLuth.Look at this,people blame you because u are the best of icc right now..

Also I dont think people will think BIS is a faction hopper!I am sure if u will go to Kluth now most of ICC will be happy and be screwed:P

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-08-11 22:43   
Pakhos... For one, what are we blaming them of? And second, I already said it- This is an ICC matter, UGTO and K'luth are politely asked to stay out of it.

Ragglock
Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-13 06:38   
Ok this thread have served its purpose.

It was started and designed by me to provoke just the discussion it have been running to show the true colors of some and get some others to think.

I’m happy with the result of it but now its time to stop the flame war and start playing.

I ask a moderator of this forum to either move it or lock it down.

You can always count on me to start discussions like this when ever I fell like it, so don’t sit back and relax to much , ill be right there again if I se an reason to do so

Cya all on the battelfield

Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-08-13 09:33   
I've occassionally taken a peek into this post, whenever I needed a good chuckle. Something about an argument over who-runs-what-in-which-server.

What should be noted, however, is the following:

1. For months many of us have been expecting the patch and with it, the erasement of the present M.V. (and its expansion... oh! my loins ache with anticipitory fluids!)

In the past few weeks, the expectation has grown to giddy anticipation. There really seems to be an Any-Day-Now feel about it. Knowing that the slate is about to be cleaned kind of takes away the desire to write anything of note on it.

2. I feel I speak for most of my clan and many other players when I say: I have never accepted nor will I ever accept that there is one player or one fleet that has any more say over another player or fleet or can claim any measure of control over the actions taken in the MV.

When this happens, and this happens every few months, participation in the M.V declines dramatically, fleets vacate the ICC for less over-bearing systems and posts like this get created.

I belong to the S.W Clan. We don't have fleet leaders (except during the 20 to 30 minutes when Josef joins, or when there is a Rogue Spear clone involved), we go about our business, do our own things but generally come when called. Lately we haven't been as active in the M.V. as we have in the past, but refer please to #1. Still, with 24 planets bearing our Tag, I'm not willing to dismiss our participation as ineffectual.

Teamwork and leadership is a two way street. In my time playing the M.V. as the ICC, I have never seen a self-appointed leader drive it correctly. Some have started out on the right side, but always the reality of the game takes over: Loyalty is Fleet First, Faction Second. This isn't a knock against BIS or Ragglock (whom I respect and enjoy playing with), it is just the reality of the game...people like group leadership by consensus, not leadership by appointment, no matter how good that leadership is.

Ragglock
Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-13 09:57   
Quote:
people like group leadership by consensus, not leadership by appointment, no matter how good that leadership is

qcould not agree more im just trying to stire up things dont take it persona.l

I never expect anyone to follow my plans witout full consensus.

self appointments for an role can only happen if players are active, thats my point.

no one should just lay back and say we deside or we dont apcept this and that desison on mybehalf without active playing to back it.

in the end we can only ourself select what we want to do in DS no one can force you.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-08-13 19:24   
expand ICCs sphere? weve removed kluth from the map and came close with the UGTO several times. its called a rest period

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-08-13 19:38   
And in one fell swoop, Lark just won the debate. I wuv debates, nice one this was

|2eason
Grand Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-08-13 20:47   
Locked...

- |2eason -

[-[A]-]|2eason the retired

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.022163 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR