No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Antimatter Tech
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Antimatter Tech
DaMadCow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-01 21:27   
Quote:

On 2003-08-01 18:36, The Jerk™[SG-1] wrote:
who cares stop crying u babys

this sort of response really isnt necessary

Email DaMadCow
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-08-01 21:30   
It's hard not to respond like that after all the months of getting told to 'stop whining' by K'luth anytime item/ship balance is mentioned.

Back on topic:

Why are people whining about balance changes before the balance patch?

Just wait and see, folks! There's nothing to whine about yet!

The Monty
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-01 21:36   
Oh yeah, dont forget Kluth lose reactors.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2003-08-01 22:16   
Antimatter technology becoming K'luth-only is extremely unlikely. What is vastly MORE possible is the Psi Missile or Psi Cannon becoming theirs and theirs alone, along with the Disruptor.

There is a very good reason for this, you see. Faustus has appointed Gideon as the Official Darkspace Fiction Writer. Gideon, in his write-ups on K'luth technology and culture, implied that they themselves did NOT invent antimatter tech, they stole it from another UNKNOWN faction. This unknown faction is most likely Legion (aka the MIR), but that has not been confirmed as of yet.

If the K'luth stole it from another faction, why can't the ICC and UGTO steal it too?

Psi-tech being limited makes a lot more sense. K'luth are natural telepaths, their entire race. Makes sense that they would build technology (and weapons) operating off those principles. Humans, who aren't telepathic (save for a few rare cases, I guess), would therefore not even understand how that technology (and those weapons) worked, much less be able to mount and use them on their own ships.

Keep in mind, I am only discussing the LIKELY outcome. None of this has been stated as official, I'm just extrapolating from listening to the Dev Team and Gideon.

Email Jim Starluck
Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2003-08-01 22:19   
Edit - *muttergrumbles about double-posts*

[ This Message was edited by: Jim Starluck on 2003-08-02 04:09 ]

Email Jim Starluck
Specterx
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-01 23:33   
The reasons for removing CL2k's from K'luth ships and removing antimatter tech from human ships are equally vacuous. It's sad that anyone in DS can make outrageous claims, stir up a fuss and obtain changes to the game in that fashion, but since we can...

Having AM tech on human ships overpowers them because human ships already have more slots available for reactors, and can mount them without serious penalty. Therefore they have far more energy than K'luth ships. Furthermore human ships are designed to be bulky and slow, not fast and manuverable as the K'luth ships are. AM tech combined with armor is simply far too powerful, and it's completely ruining the game. Why I don't even fly in the MV anymore because the humans are so overpowered with their AM tech.

Email Specterx   Goto the website of Specterx
Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-08-01 23:35   
/me heres the kluth saying in his head *hehehe ya gonna DIE*

Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-08-01 23:40   
Quote:

On 2003-08-01 23:33, Specterx wrote:
The reasons for removing CL2k's from K'luth ships and removing antimatter tech from human ships are equally vacuous. It's sad that anyone in DS can make outrageous claims, stir up a fuss and obtain changes to the game in that fashion, but since we can...

Having AM tech on human ships overpowers them because human ships already have more slots available for reactors, and can mount them without serious penalty. Therefore they have far more energy than K'luth ships. Furthermore human ships are designed to be bulky and slow, not fast and manuverable as the K'luth ships are. AM tech combined with armor is simply far too powerful, and it's completely ruining the game. Why I don't even fly in the MV anymore because the humans are so overpowered with their AM tech.

ROFL! I've heard quotes like that for the better of 9 months, and it's even more funny coming from a K'luth player.

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-08-01 23:44   
Quote:

On 2003-08-01 18:08, -Arch- wrote:
Gee, Dem .... so as long as everyone feels the same way as you do there shouldnt be any sarcasm ? Anything posted not inline with your opinions gets flamed at the same time your posting things asking everyone ELSE to be neutral.

Why not practice what you preach and keep it to a civilized discussion or dont participate. I for one think most of your posts are one-sided in the opposite direction as mine., and if you have noticed I quit with my flaming.

...um...

*does a doubletake on what he posted*

......from what my eyes are telling me... all I did was ask you what your reasoning was... so there could be a better discussion rather than the flamewar that short, opinionated, it-should-be-this-way-and-a-period posts tend to create... I was trying to contribute positively to the thread, and also trying to create grounds for me to write a good response. I didn't see it as fair for me to write some big point about what you said without knowing what your actual reasoning was...

Good Lord...

As for me "practicing what I preach"... have you noticed that in the 1.481 thread I have not argued with anyone? In fact, I've made several concessions for the sake of brainstorming. Just look at what I've been talking about with g0ds... you're calling that flaming?

For your information, my intention is never to flame anyone. Flaming is insulting. I never insult anyone, or at least I never try to. I just speak my mind, or in the case of my own ideas, I just like to make absolutely sure that every aspect of my idea is understood.

You will notice that I always bow out whenever someone posts a good, complete argument for or against me (like Selv is so damn good at doing). I know I get carried away at times with people who don't want to or are not capable of producing such replies, and I am working on that...

...but based on what I wrote to this thread, and on how I'm doing in my latest suggestions posts, I don't think you have any grounds for what you said to me... you said you quit flaming? What do you call what I quoted above?

-Dem

``We are the GTN. You will be resupplied. Resistance is optional.``

[ This Message was edited by: Demorian on 2003-08-01 23:54 ]

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-02 02:04   
Quote:

On 2003-08-01 18:22, Darksworde wrote:
u guys also realise u will lose the 2 things that we as kluth dessie pilots fear the most.

PSI Missiles
AM Torps

Your right, those are the 2 things we fear the most...

Lets take a look at something for a second, listen to me and think about what im about to type...

Most of you people say Kluth being able to mount CL tech is what makes them so powerfull, I disagree, it saves up much needed energy yeah it does, but it doesnt make us all that much stronger.. but we Mod our ships with the CL Tech and we do become stronger in the ways of: Saving Energy and Faster Recharge times.

I say the power of CL tech doesnt make us stronger b/c if you look at it, UGTO use mostly Dreads, CL2k dont hurt them very easy, ICC use Crusiers, hurts them alittle more but not greatly like said before...

What makes Kluth stronger is the way UGTO/ICC mod THEIR ships...
you guys run around with Fusion Torps firing at Kluth dessies alllll the time, whats with that? you expect to hit something? lol goodluck trying...You can hardly hit a Crusier class ship with Fusion Torps, and be honest, EVEN dreads out run the Fusion Torps sometimes when on the RIGHT flight path..

So its not the matter of how strong Kluth ships are, its the matter of how useless and stupid Human factins mod their ships...

take a look at some1 we all seem to think is pretty good: Ramirez.
i think im just as good as anyone in this game in no matter what it is, but when i see him and im in a Kluth dessie i keep my eyes on HIM and ONLY him, why? b/c he doesnt use useless Fusion torps, he uses AM Torps, something we ALL should use...i normaly fly a Shell, 2 FULL heavy armors and 1 FRONT heavy Armor, but with a AC throwing 6 AM Torps at me and detting them, my armor is gone in secands, EVEN with me having 4CL2ks (all front mount btw) im beat down very fast and have to jump out, mostly only able to get 1 - 2 Alphas out....i've beat many kluth down with AM Torps when i was UGTO both times, and i did it easy and quik b/c i used AM Torps and not the Useless ICC built Fusion torps...a AC with AM Torps will destory ANYTHING...then you have the Heavy Crusier, like you will see Octurion or Will C Mcblack use...what do they have? PSI Missiles i believe, instead of what? Beacons that some people try to hit the Dessie with all the time, Sabots and other useless things...

Then we goto UGTO, yeah the Flux BattleDread is a killer but any Kluth is stupid if they move into Flux range of it and they diserve to die in the ship, better mount it with PSI Missiles if your gonna fight Kluth Dessies, and use AM Torps on your ships also like those Great ICC players i mentioned...

its not the GREAT power of the Kluth having CL tech, its the POOR modding of Humans players that make it look imbalanced...

Sure fusion torps give u more Ammo then AM Torps, Fusion save more energy, but they arent gonna hit all the time, not nearly 40% of the time will they hit...

You have to look at it from both sides, Kluth become better with the Fusion torps and CL tech b/c it saves us Energy, and Human factions become better with PSI/AM tech b/c it packs the punch needed...it only takes 3 full rounds fired of 6am torps to take a Shell down to 70hull when detted...

So now we have to look at this, taking CL from kluth weakens us in the Energy caragory, also power maybe somewhat...but taking CL from us and leaving humans with ALL of our tech makes THEM even more imbalanced them we supposeable are atm...if we are going to lose CL tech, take something from Humans of ours to make it a fair swap....

Please dont reply to my post with a "Stop Whining b/c your not going to be uber anymore" reply, its not a whine its just speaking and pointing somethings out...

like i said, its not how strong Kluth is, its how poorly modded humans mod their ships.

[ This Message was edited by: g0ds s0ldier on 2003-08-02 02:08 ]

DoctorCrobe
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-02 03:42   
on the Technical reality side of things.. ok, Kluth ships seem to be more of a BIO style of ship.. now taking a piece of human technology and trying to make it work on a bioship is practically unreal unless the kluth somehow manage to change the flow of energy from something that would literally blow it up, to a much lower electrical system.. you would almost have to run the electrical wiring to adapt a cl2000 to a Kluth ship.

now doing the vice versa.

taking Kluth technology and adapting it to human vessals is far more easier because the Kluth tech. isn't physically BIO.. it would basically just need a coupler to connect it with the already installed electrical systems of the human vessals.

aside from that. I am sure that humans have advanced there need for BIO technology.. unlike the kluth not having known the humans before the conflict started with them..

any of this make sense?

Dr.Crobe

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-02 05:05   
We aint F'n talking about story lines here you idiot, we are talking about balancing ships and whatever, not story reasons for things...

In a differint post you said "I dont wanna see anything that benefits the kluth and only the kluth"...but right now you basicly just slapped together a BS reason why kluth should be stripped of just about ALL human tech and humans shouldnt be stripped of any kluth tech...

why dont YOU be fair and say something that doesnt only benefit the faction your on whille screwing the other completely...

this is a Action/Adventure game i believe, Storylines dont go well with them as we all know...you dont play DS for a Storyline, you play it b/c its action...

Since you said kluth are BIO, that means the ships Fly themselfs right? if its like that then lets just follow your great "BIO Idea" and make Kluth a AI only faction, since the ships are BIO after all, they wont need anyone to fly them, so why have me in it if it can fly itself?

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-02 05:11   
Note: If you want to keep your tech, then we keep ALL of our tech, means no more f and p torps for you
2nd Note: You will most likely get a heavy disrupter
3rd Note: Cl2k was taken away for balance issues, don't cry about that, having dessies with the firepower of dreads is NOT right

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-02 05:28   
Of course Kluth sould keep all Kluth tech...wtf was that about?

And Ftorps/Ptorps dont bother me at all being taken away from Kluth, i could careless...

You wanna talk about balance issues?...take AM Torps away from ICC, that will help the raping of Kluth just like the problem you say is with the Kluth having CL tech...the ball roll both ways, and to me AM Torps are far worse then CL tech on kluth....

it seems most people just wanna say what they can to make Kluth flat out suck and benefit for the faction they are on... What about the people who play kluth? do we have a Voice at all and have a reason to express it? b/c it seems like every time a Kluth player says anything, a Lobbycamping Human player has to come with reasons and reasons and reasons, i honestly think its YOU, the people who camplobby all damn day and suggjest all the stupid s**t who are trying to ruin it for everyone else...i dont care if you were here when the game was still beta or how far u seen DS evole DOM...

I wanna know how and WHY do people who hardly even play the damn game let alone sit in Lobby/FA all day know what is best for the Balance of the game? how often do factions get each others tech on FA? how much flying do you do in the lobby? it seems to be all of the people who complain are the people who dont PLAY THE GAME!

And yes im Kluth, of course i dont want us to lose CL tech...but i have played all 3 factions recently to see what the imbalance is..and IMO there isnt any Imbalance at all, even 7Fluxwave BattleDread isnt all that bad...its the SIMPLE manpower factions have that imbalance things.

Dont waste your time i know what your going to say, make the kluth less attractive by takiing away CL tech so most of the kluth players will defect to UGTO/ICC, right? Well goodluck with that, PB does just abut 90% of Kluth fighting and none of us are leaving kluth even with this rape coming, and im pretty sure the other MV players in Evil arent going to Leave.

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-02 05:35   
Quote:

On 2003-08-02 05:11, DOM700 [-IMO-] wrote:

3rd Note: Cl2k was taken away for balance issues, don't cry about that, having dessies with the firepower of dreads is NOT right

i guess having a Crusier capable of not running out of Energy at all shooting 6AM torps at a time is cool? the thing has as many Torp slots as the EAD, with less lasers, but why would u need lasers anyway? the dread wont get close enuff to use em if u stay out of range...

disagree pls i know you will

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027781 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR