Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.482] The Great Balance Patch - Post Ideas Here! :)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author [1.482] The Great Balance Patch - Post Ideas Here! :)
g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-08 18:50   
wasnt meant as a flame or anything, just sayin there are some ideas that are one sided or benefit 1 faction better then others, but all factions need a strong point...was only sayin if he didnt like the kluth only parts then he should of noted the human only parts also, nothing wrong at all

conswirloo [V]
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-08 19:45   
Quote:

On 2003-08-01 16:29, Steve Erwin, The Croc Hunter wrote:

Like White Wolf said, Kluth are in need of a Good combat crusier, Scale is cool but with the energy drain of ruptors not changing much, it will lose power very easy even with AME, plus it has no special Slot...

I think the majority of kluth ships shouldn't get reactors, BUT, to compensate, the"assault" ships should get extra engines. Stinger is an extreme example of this, without a reactor, and with the most energy sucking weapon layout you can stuff in it, still doesn't really have much of a power problem. I bet if the Scale had an extra engine squeezed in there, it would be a viable ship.

Email conswirloo [V]
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-08 20:42   
Quote:

On 2003-08-08 19:45, conswirloo [V] wrote:

I think the majority of kluth ships shouldn't get reactors, BUT, to compensate, the"assault" ships should get extra engines. Stinger is an extreme example of this, without a reactor, and with the most energy sucking weapon layout you can stuff in it, still doesn't really have much of a power problem. I bet if the Scale had an extra engine squeezed in there, it would be a viable ship.

How come will u catch or hit a drainer if they get more engines

More engines mean more turn rate for smaller ships

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-09 03:03   
Well I guess it will be in the end like this:
Kluth got best offense systems
ICC got best defense systems
UGTO got nothing good at all

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-08-09 03:30   
I disagree, most UGTO ships mount weaponry capable of ending a fight as soon as the opponents shields are down

*edit*

Wel y9a

[ This Message was edited by: Calamity Clogs on 2003-08-09 03:42 ]

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-09 05:52   
Perhaps what the Kluth need is an AntiMatter Battery AMB for short.
what does it do? simpel depending on ship size it increases that max power a ship can hold but it WONT add to the reload of the energy its just storage.

So they will still run out of power BUT they waill have more to begin whith.

- Axi

Ismael Yu5 {=*=}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-09 09:13   
Ihave read most of our ideas now and agree or disagree with them. So here is a list with some ideas that where posted but with a little or no change and some ideas os my own.
I would like to see this changes

Weapons:

• torpedoes
    i doesn't agree with to make them drain more energy. i think like all weapons that have a limeted amount of ammo(projektiles) they DOESNT NEED MUCH ENERGY to load them but they NEED MUCH TIME to do so.
    alos torps shouldt be the most powerfull antiship weapons they need the most time to reload but doesnt drain much energy

• beams
    so as beams are only "reloaded" by the ship itself they need much more energy to reload but less time the smaller they are like now... i think the time for cl2k and other heavy beams shouldt be increased because they need more time to cool down

!!!an option for beams: more realistic would be to be able to fire our beams directly after the first shoot. but if u do so they take damage because of overheating. so they need a cool down time like reload time is now (shown with a red reloading weapon button thats going to green)

• flux
    i would ´make a differnce between flux and emp. flux shouldt stop the systems on a ship. so a flux beam would stop all weapon systems of reloading for perhabs 30 sec.
    to match the idea with 1 flux wave. this weapon should stop all systems on a ship for a minute or so. even the engines and ecm/eccm devices.(not shield or armor according to armour/hull changes later)
    flux waves should only be mountable at dreads or a special flux cruiser.
    this would at some new tactics to ds.

Armour:

• i think the way armour/shields and hull are working now isn't very good. i would like to see it this way:
    armour/shield strange should be drasticaly increased, and added with bonus point matching the ships mass. they should do the mayor job of defence the ship.
    the hull shouldt just be able to resist a little damage. when u have hull damage u also get system damage. we also could add a hull energy like in star trek, so u can align power to the hull to make it more durable when trying to escape. accoding to this i add a power link system later in this post.

Energy

• energy assignment
    it would be usefull do at a possability to align energy (or manpower) to these to mayor sytems:
    weapons: beamweapons should to more damage when aligning more energy to them and projektile weapons should reload faster
    engines: they shouldt speed up and turn faster and have a little bit faster endspeed.
    hull: its is more durable (also the shields and armour if working)

a last change i like to see is that repair should works faster when the ship stops and a damaged system that isnt on ( repairing a working system should need more time, even cloak,dictor or ecm)

plz give me our coments and excuse my bad english and some possible spelling mistakes ( i havnt enough time)

VENI VIDI VICI - Juilius Cäsar

[ This Message was edited by: Ismael Yu5 {=*=} on 2003-08-09 09:14 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Ismael Yu5 {=*=} on 2003-08-09 09:16 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Ismael Yu5 {=*=} on 2003-08-09 15:20 ]

[color=yellow][size=3]VENI VIDI VICI[/size][/color] - Juilius Cäsar

Email Ismael Yu5 {=*=}
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-08-10 10:01   
my only suggestion for this patch: finish it please. =P

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-10 11:26   
i think i just was striken by a brilliant idea lol

what if kluth get a weapon that does damange depening on the ENERGY RESERVES they have

you can base the whole fighting style on that.. hit and run!

usual balance patch concepts, like no fr1500s on dessies etc apply of course.

PS:

as some of you may know, i think we need a complete overhaul of systems and stuff.

ive always been of the impression that:
- kluth should be able to deal a big amount of damage in a small timeframe, but not continiously, and given the ability to deliver that damage in intervals. best at short ranges.

- ICC should be able to eat a large amount of damage in a small timeframe, but not continously. they should also be able to fight best over long ranges.

- UGTO should be able to maintain a prolonged fight at medium ranges.

now we only need to brainstorm about how to accomplish this, without any affection to the CURRENT game system, to create something new in the possibilities that we have and for the environment we want to achieve..
completely disregarding current ship configurations and limitations.

one important thing to keep in mind is this:
there is no way we are going to create a inherently balanced game system unless we lock all ships to equal capablities, which would suck.

the balance needs to come from the game dynamics that we set, and will require number tweaking on several edges at once once it goes into a large beta.

the goal should not be to simply limit slots and create fixed ships, it should be to create the factions with inherent properties that will assure overall balanced gameplay, and promote mixed fleets.

[ This Message was edited by: sono on 2003-08-10 11:45 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-08-10 12:43   
You know it's practically impossible to achieve 'balance' with 3 distinct factions without making them clones of each other.

Used to be:

ICC- defensive faction with some offense
UGTO- (mildly) offensive faction with some defense
Kluth- extreme offensive faction with aluminum foil hulls.

or at least that was the vision. It never really was this way. I remember when the ICC missile cruiser was a formidable offensive ship, and the UGTO battle cruiser was totally worthless.

In order to get true 'balance' each faction needs a clearly defined strength and weakness, and every ship needs to adhere to that.

ICC would be 'defensive but not too offensive'
UGTO would be 'more offensive but not as defensive as ICC'
Kluth would be 'hit and run...extreme offense, no defense, easy to damage hulls''

If you agree with these 'vision's as I've always thought of them, then think how the ICC assault cruiser fits in there, for example.

No faction currently adheres to it's 'vision' Only way to do that and achieve balance is to nerf something about each faction. And nobody wants that.

I don't envy you Dev's at all That's a tough job balancing the factions!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.017493 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR