Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.482] The Great Balance Patch - Post Ideas Here! :)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author [1.482] The Great Balance Patch - Post Ideas Here! :)
Deleted

Posted: 2003-08-01 15:34   
[Edit - Demorian]

I deleted one of these, now I'll clear this one.

Stop filling the thread with long quotes if all you're going to do is "lol", Chaos.

[/Edit]

-Dem

[ This Message was edited by: Demorian on 2003-08-01 15:36 ]

Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-01 16:10   
um. Some good ideas in there Dem. But also some bad ideas.

Only part ill really comment on is mines/flux. Your major problem with them is the fact that they kill systems so quickly and then take a long time to get back up.

I agree in principle, having flown as all 3 factions now for quite a while, maybe the speed that systems repair needs to be modified, however the real issue of course is that these weapons only work when you have no armour. All the system damaging weapons are useless whilst you have armour, which of course we all know to be a problem in general.

So quite simply, my suggestion for the balance patch is, make Armour more durable, something thats in the pipeline already, with emphasis especially on the dreads and Cruisers. I would say that the armour on dessie and smaller ships is about right.

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-01 16:29   
Quote:

On 2003-08-01 15:31, Demorian wrote:

So, in some way, shape or form, I want to see the system damage done by weapons toned down severely.

I think it should be toned down also. Nothing sucks more then being in a ship with 60 - 80% hull and just about 100% of all your sys fryed.
-

Maybe the EMP mine wouldnt be too bad since its Min Armor/Sheild/Hull dmg with 3% sys dmg to each sys, but only with Armor/sheild completely down on the side it hits will it cause the sys and hull dmg..gotta think about this tho dem...if some1 detts a Mine from 50gu away from you, it wont hurt as much as it would from 0.0gu detted, or if you just ran it over...this will bring problems setting the dmg ratings for each mine-type and the .gu dmg for them...

Like White Wolf said, Kluth are in need of a Good combat crusier, Scale is cool but with the energy drain of ruptors not changing much, it will lose power very easy even with AME, plus it has no special Slot...

Kluth Dictor and Bomber both have Special slots which is ok...

But only one of our Combat crusiers has one, and the most useless of the crusiers at that, the parasite...

Maybe add a Special slot to the scarab and another armor maybe to all our crusiers?

Leave Kluth dessies with the current armor layouts, i think they are fine how they are.

maybe just give Kluth a new combat crusier all around?

4 FULL heavyweaps slots, 1-2 FWD heavyweap slots...
2 FULL lightweap slots...
3 FULL beams, 2 FWD beams...
1 Special Slot, 3 Engines, 2 FULL Armors?

abit overpowering you think? well, atm the Kluth dessie
"Claw" has 5beams and 5torps with 1 FULL armor and a Special slot, so only thing really differint if that its a crusier class ship with more Hull, 1 Extra engine and 1 extra Armor...

heres another thought...
About the Parasite, maybe take out that "Bio-Bomb" slot and put in another Special? then we will have a real combat crusier to play with, i think i would drop my Shell for that parasite....

this thread isnt even 7hours old and i already put 3 days worth of thinking into it... damn you demorian!

*edit: fixed typing errors again, and added the overpowered Kluth destroyers name since i forgot to put it*

[ This Message was edited by: g0ds s0ldier on 2003-08-01 16:41 ]

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-01 16:39   
Quote:

On 2003-08-01 11:29, Demorian wrote:

Missiles
-----
I think all standard IT/Psi missiles should be low-signature like psis are. Point defense shoots them down waaaay too easy, and at least one ECCM should be in use to be able to point-defend against these deadly little buggers.

The reason I say this is some frigates (like the Harrier) pack only three missiles by default and with IT missiles so easy to detect, they are easily neutralized even by destroyers and hence the firepower they lend to the Harrier is compromised.

I also think missile damage should be raised a bit on all factions. You know, where you would be able to get the feeling of a fairly damaging hit when you saw that missile explode on your hull... not crippling, of course, but it would make you think twice about going near that planet alone, especially without ECCM. Kind of like it used to be. Missiles used to hurt more.

-----------

That's all I can think of for now. Please post more ideas or discuss existing ones, guys. Remember, this thread is a gift for Faustus!

-Dem

Well for the missile suggestion i had a recent idea that had some good comments AND add-ons.
yes the missile damage is a problem BUT it's also the lack of different kind of missile's that pose a problem.

I will copy/paste my idea from the previous post in here.
Pls note that they are all HVY weapons slot

Ok here are the specs of the current IT missile

Ion Tracking Missile

Damage: 3750 - 5000
Travel speed: 55Gu/s
Ammo: 5
Range: 2500
Reload: 30 seconds
Fire time: 0.5 seconds
Energy: 2.4

Ok i suggest we split the IT missile idea into 3 types.

Ion Tracking Interceptor Missile
Scientist noted that the standard IT missle had a minimal effect on the smaller enemy space craft.
While they noted the failure of the IT on that area the did see that the AR missile had quite some success in the area.
It was then decided that a hybrid would be made. they would sacriface payload and range to add speed and manouverabilety to counter the agile craft.

Damage: 2000 - 2750
Ammo: 15
Range: 1500
Reload: 20 Seconds
Fire Time: 0.2
Energy: 1.8

Anti Capital Tracking Missile
A suden breakthrough in capital ship alloy development lead to an dramatic increase of the hulls of those ships.
Ignoring this both human factions fought and became seemingly aware that the once hull tearing IT missile had lost its fangs on the larger ships.
Development was started on an Anti capital ship missile.
A great deal of speed and tracking were stripped to improve the missiles range and give the missile a MASSIVE payload.
Shamefully due to its low speed its effect on cruisers was minimal due to the fact it could be dodged whit ease if not destroyed by Point defenses.
Even dreadnoughts could evade the missile whit some luck if the point defense was not online but that did not change the fact that IF the missile hit its damage would be immense let alone a salvo that hit.

Damage: 5000 - 6500
Travel speed: 35Gu/s
Ammo: 3
Range: 3500
Reload: 40 Seconds
Fire Time: 2.0 * you press fire and the missile comes out 2 secs later to avoid it being used as a dumb fire weapon *
Energy: 3.5
** NOTE **
The 2 sec fire time come AFTER the reload is completed.
Also its tracking capabilety would be equal to the to the Fusion torpedo.
** NOTE **

*** FACTION SPECIFIC TECH **

Fusion Ion Tracking Missile--- ** ICC **
To counter the cruiser threat the standard IT missile was only given a payload increase using a similar process as whit the Fusion Torpedo.
Also it ammo ammount was increased to improve combat effectiveness.

Damage: 4250 - 5500
Ammo: 10
Range: 2500
Reload: 30 seconds
Fire time: 0.5 seconds
Energy: 2.4

AntiMatter Ghost Missile--- ** K'Luth ** Idea of baikon nice work
The latest K'Luth missle, their answer to our Ion Tracker Missle, is the Ghost Missle. Based on video footage, and unexploded warheads found on hulls of destroyed ships the Kluth modified salvaged Anti Capital Tracking Missile into this deadly stealth weapon.
Its characteristics were taken from the Psi missile while lowering its actual payload to do so the missile did gets its stealth abilety.

Damage: 4500-5750
Travel speed: 35 Gu/s
Ammo: 6
Range: 1600
Reload: 45 seconds
Fire time: 2.0 seconds
Energy: 3.4
** NOTE **
The 2 sec fire time come AFTER the reload is completed.
Also its tracking capabilety would be equal to the to the Fusion torpedo.
** NOTE **
Turning speed is worse then the IT Missle and tracking the same or nearly the same as a AM torpedo.

** UGTO **
no idea yet come on ppl let those grey cells work.

All of these weapons should be mounted on the Heavy weapon slot for use.
Not only can a ship be outfitted even more for a single purpose it also increases the variety of weapons a bit

These are the specs i came up whith.
pls note that the turning rate etc are all scaled by comparing the IT, AR, Psi missile to find a good balance.

- Axi

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-02 03:28   
Special missiles for certain type of ship classes would be cool..
Have missiles that are better against Destoryers, 'IE' they would fly/turn faster to better hit the fast moving targets, but they would have to be pretty weak doing dmg...

Anti-capital ship missiles..
Slow/med speed and turing, Less then the PSI/IT missiles we have now..But pack more of a Bang then the Anti-Destroyer/Frigate missile since its going to move slower due to the added gunpowder (lol) or what you wanna call it lol...

i dunno

DoctorCrobe
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-02 03:53   
Pakhos

ARE YOU INSANE...

Kluth are over powered in weopons as is in current version, and you want cl5k's? I am highly against this..

Always the Kluth trying to find there way to kill everyone..

that would be considered a superweopon which if I believe won't be introduced to darkspace..

I would like to see reasonable suggestions in here.. not phsycotic suggestions that benefit the kluth and only the kluth..

Dr.Crobe

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-08-02 04:30   
move dictor devices to frigate class ships so all or allmost all frigates can mount dictors.

ditch the dictor cruzz

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-02 04:56   
Quote:

On 2003-08-02 03:53, Dr.Crobe wrote:

I would like to see reasonable suggestions in here.. not phsycotic suggestions that benefit the kluth and only the kluth..

Dr.Crobe

There are some that only rape the kluth and benefit the human factions, nothing wrong with that tho to you?

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-02 06:12   
Idea for the dictors.

split em up in 2 types.

We could have an interdictor that will preventships from jumping out of the field.
NOTE they can still jump into the field
and we could have exterdictors. they prevent ships from jumping in a battle but can let an enemy jump out of the field.

the planetary dictors would still be able to stop incomming ships and prevent them from escaping.

- Axi

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-02 10:34   
You killed the topic with that one Axi lol

-=Arch=-
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-02 12:08   
I posted an idea in the Antimatter topic that shoulda been here.

Since we are on the subject of non tech swapping, and that Biobombs dont do structure dammage anymore. Id like to see them increased in what they will be doing.

If you can hit the planet with enough of them then it shouldnt be limited to just the targeted block, it should affect the entire planet. So say 30 hits will kill off all the inf and all the pop for a duration of time for the bio agent to disapate. then you can rebuild the planet. Kinda like gassing the entire planet.

Goto the website of -=Arch=-
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-08-08 17:28   
Bump...

-Dem

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-08-08 17:32   
BUMPS MUST BE DESTROYED!

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-08 17:45   
This is a Special Thread, Because it was disscusing Balance and didint get flamed at all...You dont see Threads like this very often...

Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-08-08 18:27   
Quote:

On 2003-08-02 04:56, g0ds s0ldier wrote:
Quote:

On 2003-08-02 03:53, Dr.Crobe wrote:

Dr.Crobe

There are some that only rape the kluth and benefit the human factions, nothing wrong with that tho to you?

i agree with g0ds all ideas should be here even if they only effect 1 faction

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.030358 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR