Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.482] The Great Balance Patch - Post Ideas Here! :)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author [1.482] The Great Balance Patch - Post Ideas Here! :)
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-08-01 11:29   
As many of you may know, the patch immediately following (or soon following) 1.481 will be a patch to balance the game's ships and weapons to make it wholly playable again, to where each ship has its own potentials and weaknesses. For the purposes of this post, we shall call it 1.482.

I want to have this thread as an open thread for people to post their ideas after at least skimming the previous ones. Any game balancer knows that perfect balance, especially among dozens of ships and weapons, is an arduous task, and what better time than now to start thinking about what we want to see in a balanced game?

So let's use this thread for suggestions and civilized discussion (...please try not to flame each other), and maybe Faustus can make use of it when he's balancing the game. I know for a fact it will at least make his life a lot easier.

---

It is my personal belief that the major "tweaking point" through which balance can be obtained is not the weapon arrangements and the number of weapons on a ship, but the power and nature of the weapons themselves. After all, with a few credits in your pocket, you can virtually redo any ship you find, especially if it's highly configurable like the Battle Dread. One of the biggest keys is energy... the thing that's supposed to make you think about which weapon to fire and when, but it currently doesn't.

For instance, cannons in beta (I'm pretty sure all cannons, but at least P Cannons) are more powerful than in the current release version... this is good, because many smaller weapons like frigates and destroyers carry many cannons and find themselves unable to do a lot of damage.

If any races are ever forced to fight with just frigates during a territory siege, then frigates will have to be able to carry their weight. So would scouts, and Destroyers. Anyway, on to the balance.

Here is a basic list of all the changes I am recommending for balance, initially... very basic list... and weapon-by-weapon analysis is below. Short version, long version.

Short Version

• Lower signature on all missiles so that IT missiles are like Psi missiles.
  • Raise Missile Damage by a low amount to do a more substantial, noticable hit.
  • Raise Torpedo Damage by a low amount to do a more substantial, noticable hit.
  • Increase Drain drastically on Torpedo charge so that firing them all at once is not a wise or feasible option.
  • Make each mine type faction-specific.
  • Make Nuke mines do minimal shield/armor damage but moderate hull damage.
  • Make AntiMatter mines do minimal hull damage but moderate shield/armor damage.
  • Make EMP mines do minimal shield/armor/hull damage but around 3% damage per system per mine
  • Make Light Disruptors and Heavy Disruptors each slightly weaker than their CL1k and CL2k counterparts.
  • Limit Flux Waves to one per ship.
  • Make a Flux wave equivalent to hitting two or three of the EMP mines described above.
  • Make Flux take a lot more energy from the ship while charging.
  • Make EMP Cannons require a direct hit on the hull to damage systems, and each shot that hits should do 1-1.5% damage to all systems.
  • Make Flux Beams take a bit less energy to charge.
  • Make Flux Beams damage all systems 2-2.5% per full length beam contact, regardless of shields/armor.
  • Make AutoRepair and Reload devices invincible unless specifically targetted under the new system-target rule.
  • Crippling system damage should not take place via normal weapons until around 5% hull.

Mission Statement of Short List: To contribute to a balance of the three factions to a more reasonable level. To give power back to all classes of ship so that they are all effective to a satisfactory degree in combat. To tone down system damage to be more difficult to accomplish in all ways.

-----------------

Cannons
-----
I like how they currently are in beta. They pack a punch, but certainly not too much. Perhaps a little more damage would be optimal, but we will see how testing turns out.

Missiles
-----
I think all standard IT/Psi missiles should be low-signature like psis are. Point defense shoots them down waaaay too easy, and at least one ECCM should be in use to be able to point-defend against these deadly little buggers.

The reason I say this is some frigates (like the Harrier) pack only three missiles by default and with IT missiles so easy to detect, they are easily neutralized even by destroyers and hence the firepower they lend to the Harrier is compromised.

I also think missile damage should be raised a bit on all factions. You know, where you would be able to get the feeling of a fairly damaging hit when you saw that missile explode on your hull... not crippling, of course, but it would make you think twice about going near that planet alone, especially without ECCM. Kind of like it used to be. Missiles used to hurt more.

Torpedoes
-----
I like the current ranges on torpedoes, but again, I think torp damage needs to be raised. Torpedoes need to do a bit more damage than the more long-range missiles... something you'd FEEL when they smacked you.

...but they need to drain energy from their original ship fast. Because they are powerful, these cannot be weapons that you can just fire, and fire, and fire... they need to be weapons that REALLY suck energy up when fired all at once. Torpedoes should be one or two at a time, let energy recharge, fire again. If you fire all at once, you're being desperate and you will pay the price.

This is, of course, to compensate for their power.

Mines
-----
I'll be honest with you. I don't like how much system damage mines do, even nuke mines. I don't even like that they do hull damage. Mines should be disabling weapons, weapons that you can't use to destroy a ship, but to *assist* you in destroying it. Imagine that. I think that the mines on each side should have their own attributes, and only be usable by that particular side. Consider these ideas...

Nuke Mines-
These need to hurt only your ship's hull... if the shields are already down, then each mine that goes off should do about 5% damage to a Dreadnought's hull... take that proportionately to the rest of the ships. But if shields are up, they do minimal damage, kinda like AM mines below, but vice versa.

AM Mines-
This is a bit more radical... I think AM mines should only damage shields and armor. Yea. I think when you run into an AM mine, about a quarter of the armor/shields on whichever side was hit should just vanish. When you run into a group of mines, your shields will go down, but anything that touches your hull really won't do more than 1.5% to 2% damage per mine. Since K'luth are the offensive faction, they can then move in for the kill using ship weapons to take the hull down.

EMP Mines-
In one burst, these mines will minimally damage both shields and hull at the same time, regardless of whether shields are still up... maybe 2% hull and armor damage to a Cruiser per mine that goes off. But the systems of the ship, whether shields are up or not, will take maybe a 3% damage hit per mine that goes off.

Chemical Lasers (CLs)
-----
Ah, the great the-closer-you-get-the-more-it-burns weapons... they need a total rework, I think. I like the whole closer-you-get thing, I don't mean that should be changed. I do think that CL 300s need to come back into the limelight, though... to the point that a Harrier or Interceptor, with its full Cannon/Torpedo/Missile complements (see above), will have another good, yet balanced, weapon as its close-range pal... while the Dreads with CL2ks will still make people think twice if they're injured and getting too close.

In short, I think the key to unlocking the potential of these weapons lies in their recharge times. "Light" CLs (up to 550) should recharge quickly (with CL 300s recharging in a matter of seconds and taking close to nil energy), and all do a little more damage than they currently do. Heavy CLs (1000 and 2000) need to recharge over 10 seconds (1000) and 20 seconds (2000) and take energy to fire all at once... kind of like torpedoes. Heavy CLs are fine for damage currently, if not even a bit too strong. Perhaps damage could be lowered on these as an option...

Disruptors
-----
We have yet to see what will come of the Medium-Beam Disruptors and Heavy Disruptors. I'd like to see Disruptors a bit weaker than CL1ks, and Heavy Disruptors a bit weaker than Cl2ks. There are so gosh-darn many of em on K'luth ships that those estimates should balance out nicely and make K'luth players very happy. Faustus has already said there will be seperate slots (I think) for them, so there won't be Destroyers full of Heavy Disruptors... I'm not sure though, don't quote me or him on that... he may have just meant the stock configs will have x number of light and heavy disruptors.

Flux/EMP
-----
Only one flux burst per ship. Period. No more. A single flux burst would do the exact equivalent of hitting two or three of the above proposed EMP mines, ie a little hull/shield damage and a low but still moderate amount of system damage. Then it would drain a lot of ship energy while recharging. Flux Bursts need to be very carefully used.

EMP Cannons need to do a lot less system damage than they currently do. I also think that, despite my EMP Mine layout above, it need to hit the hull directly (no shielding/armor up) to do system damage. Each successful cannon should do about 1% or 1.5% damage to all systems. That's it.

Flux Beams need to be system-damage ONLY. No hull damage. I don't think they need to take a lot of energy to recharge and I their current recharge rate is just fine. Each full stream of Flux Beam that hits your ship should do, perhaps 2 or 2.5% total system damage.

Put all of these together and you've got a pretty good balance... if you use all of them at once, in addition to other weapons, your ship is gonna DIE because youll be totally out of energy.

Cloak
-----
I need to think really indepth about this one... I will post this later.

System Damage - READ THIS, It's important
-----
I am sick and tired of being decimated with system damage when my station/dread/any ship starts falling into the 40% and 30% and below hull ranges... SICK of it. It's like Risk... once youre beaten to a point, you're beaten, period, with minimal chance of a successful rebound.

System damage should never take effect on repair bays, period. Enough said. Repair is so slow that it's not a problem to do this... a ship should not lose its chance to repair itself if it has the devices.

System damage needs to be EMP/EMP mines only, and should only start happening otherwise once you're below 20% hull integrity, and even then, it should be slow and painful.... only when you've fallen to 3% hull and are almost certainly dead anyway should most of your systems be totally useless. I think that a ship should still have a fighting chance at 10% hull if no EMP has been used.

-----------

That's all I can think of for now. Please post more ideas or discuss existing ones, guys. Remember, this thread is a gift for Faustus!

-Dem

``We are the GTN. You will be resupplied. Resistance is optional.``

[ This Message was edited by: Demorian on 2003-08-01 14:08 ]

Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-08-01 11:38   
like all of your idea except 20 seconds for a cl2k seems a bit long
other than that nice work

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-01 11:38   
Reloads shouldnt take any Dmg just like the Kluth AutoRepair does, i agree with you...

AM Mines, does what you said mean they wont do Hull dmg? i didint understand you clearly...

making Light CL do more dmg and recharge faster i dont agree with..

i think heavy CL are fine where it is even if kluth cant use it, doesnt do all that much dmg even if your 30gu from target, and the recharge times are good....

[ This Message was edited by: g0ds s0ldier on 2003-08-01 11:50 ]

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-08-01 11:43   
@Sarge... Perhaps it is a wee bit long. Maybe 15 seconds. I still think it should take a while since there are generally so few on ships... if you don't like it, mod out all your CL2ks with CL1ks and keep just a few 2ks in case anyone gets too close. Then grin and fire away.

@g0ds... Yea. My *initial* thinking (this is a brainstorming thread for everyone's use, hehe) is that AM (Anti-Matter) mines won't do but a little hull damage because the K'luth ships are perfectly capable of slaughtering the hull of a ship with their own weapons, being the offensive faction and all...

The reason I made Nuke mines be the opposite is because ICC are defensive rather than offensive and are a more long-range faction. This would work well with missiles bringing down armor, mines bringing down hull.

But note that each does do a LITTLE bit of damage to the things theyre not designed to hurt... AM hurts hull a bit, Nuke hurts shields a bit...

Just thoughts.

-Dem

PS. g0ds... I see you edited your post So I'll do the same, mwahaha... hmm, what about just increasing their damage a little bit and keep their recharge the same?

``We are the GTN. You will be resupplied. Resistance is optional.``

[ This Message was edited by: Demorian on 2003-08-01 11:59 ]

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-01 12:01   
Lasers/Disruptors in my opinion) they need to be a Straight shot, no Tracking.

ok heres the Secenario, Target Nmy, & fire. Nmy ship is still moving and is graized along the side but the laser doesnt keep following the Ship.. (like into hyperspace jump).

Pd, would be the same.

this would probably add a higher Skill Factor to the game and some of the People who are lazy would probably be Offended by this suggestion. so maybe Keep the Cl5oo and Lower normal tracking but put the HVY BEAMs onto more of a SKILL SHOT basis.

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-01 12:15   
I think AM Mines should do the massive damage that they do, i mean after-all Anti-Matter Tech is the Strongest of all in DS, Strongest torps, engines, jumpdrives, maybe the Mines should be very strong..EMP Mines atm are cool with me, they kill sys badly but hey, thats what UGTO do...

about your "FluxWave" idea...with Flux being limited to 1 per-ship, that makes Fluxwave useless for UGTO huh? takes your oh so small edge away from fighting ICC, i have to agree with you, 1 FluxWave equal the ammount of 3, but only if they are limited to 1 per-ship tho, would hate to see a BD with 7 of those x3 the power...

That would give the Asslt Dessie only 3 Flux Waves instead of the 4 it has..
That would give the Battle Dread only 3 Flux Waves insread of the 7 it has..

then we come across the EAD, the thing has ALOT of fire-power already, it has only 1 Weap slot, so if you throw a Flux in there, you will have a Unstopable ship, 4HeavyCL 4 LightCL, 6heavyweap and 1lightweap (3flux wave)...whats worse? Drainer with CL tech or that EAD? lol yeah i thought so..

the problem with making the FluxWave 3x as strong with the limit of 1per-ship means, not only can all of your ships disable something very easy, but ALSO gives your ships alot of firepower, 3Fluxwave do alot of sys dmg with Armor/Sheild down... the Battle Dread will have 6 Lightweapn slots open for other weapons, EAD will run around unstopable basicly, Torp Crusier will crush things...making each Flux x3 opens up too much extra fire-power for UGTO IMHO...making YOU the UGTO the "overpowered imbalanced" faction...im sure others can see what i see

like i said, i agree something should be done about the 1 Flux pership, 1 Flux just sucks badly and is useless even with the Armor down

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-01 12:57   
I want kluth to have cl5k for instead of cl2k/ruptors in 1.482.

WhiteWolf
Cadet

Posted: 2003-08-01 12:57   
How about making the current flux wave a standard, special device on all UGTO assault class ships.

Assault destroyer, Torpedo Cruiser, Elite Assault Dread, Assault Scout, and Harrier frigate would each get one standard flux wave in an additional 'special weapon slot'.
The other UGTO ships would not get a 'special weapon slot'.
This ups the firepower of these ships slightly-----the singleton weapon slot can come with a beacon or an emp standard, depending on the size class----Torp Cruiser/EAD come with emp standard, assault dessie, assault scout, and harrier frigate come with beacon standard.

Much in the same fashion that some Kluth ships (the more offensively aggressive ones) have ELF.

This reduces the 'one shot one kill' nature of the Flux wave, but will actively force people into using it more often.

This will have the desireable side effect of teaching uggies how/when to use and not use their flux.

Possibly, the same scheme could be implemented with the ICC.

Put the pulse wave on currently undesireable ships. 1 pulse wave on assault frigate, bombing scout, heavy tranny, heavy cruiser, combat dessie, and combat dread.

These ships would become more useful for capping planets, and slightly stronger in generally---I feel that all of these ships, with the possible exception of the heavy cruiser, are underpowered.

Note that this has the effect of strengthening both the torp cruiser and the heavy cruiser vis-a-vis the assault cruiser----an important feature.

Finally. In 1.482, the Kluth need a good cruiser. Given that they are loosing cl2ks, the scale is going to get significantly worse, and it start out rather weak in comparison to the human cruisers. Scarab is an interesting ship, but too limited in its capacity. I propose giving the Kluth a cruiser with a lot of weapon slots.

Yeap, weapon slots. Give it 1 more engine than the regular kluth cruisers, 1 fighter, 3 front psi cannons, 5 full psi cannons, 1 full am mine, 2 full disruptors, 1 full elf, 1 full armor, and 1 special slot. Cloak, Auto Hull Repair, etc. I'm not certain that configuration is competitive with the human cruisers, or even with the kluth dessies, but it can possibly be tweaked to be so. The idea giving the kluth a moderately heavy hitting cruiser, with full range weapons, that is capable of dogfighting at reasonable speeds. +/- a psi cannon here or there, this ship could be very competitive with the human ships.

Perhaps even break with Kluth tradition, and give it 2 specials, instead of an elf.

Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-08-01 13:08   
Reloads
I don't think the present system of reload taking damage should be changed. If it gets hit it breaks! Like a hospital...kill all the doctors and its just a big empty building (filled with white-clad corpses).

Hull Damage / Shields & Armor

Hull points should be halved or drastically lessened! Armor and Shield points should be drastically raised. This is space we are talking about - highly pressurized hulls - they should go -pop- when they get a little damage. Why have hulls that are stronger than the Shields protecting them? Makes no sense...

This would mean changing the prestige gained from Ship damage from Hull to Armor/Shield and then requiring a lot more damage to get a little prestige.

Flyer
Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-01 13:14   
So you are gonna limit the flux to 1 a ship. the problem with flux is ( and always was ) the fact that it damages all ships in range (friendly and enemy). the general idee with flux is that you send 1 ship in with flux first and let him flux, and then the rest of the fleet jumps in.
Limiting the flux to 1 a ship will result in the fact that it won't be used ( to weak and you get quite a lot of FF from it)

Maybe limit it to 1 a ship. keep the damage, but make it so that it doesn't affect UGTO ships. They invented the weapon so it is logical that they can protect their ships from it

Email Flyer
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-01 13:31   
Well here is my first idea.

its about the shields.

1 give them 2x the armor points that they have now. leave the ICC ship hulls the same.
2. let a shield generator become a ships system meaning that when the device is drained * 0% shield * the shield itself will take damage.
According to the damage a shield will only have that much capacety.
System Charge
100% 100%
80% 75%
60% 50%
40% 25%
20% shield is DEAD * meaning it wont recharge anymore *

meaning if you can get our shields down we are in big trouble.

now the good part about the armor is it requires NO power and it can repair itself even when its blown away * good ol nanobots * we ICC will need to get the system fixed first b4 we can get back plus its a huge energy drain

they are the first ones to in a battle and the last ones to come out a battle.
Thus is the destroyers fate.

[ This Message was edited by: Axianda *XO* on 2003-08-01 13:55 ]

- Axi

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-08-01 13:58   
Good ideas and good feedback, everyone... keep it coming, please.

FYI, I have updated my original ideas with a short list of changes and a mission statement for that list, so those not wanting to read the whole thing don't have to.

Also, take note that I will remove replies that aren't contributing to what I'm trying to accomplish, here. This is a Staff-run idea thread for Faustus, and I am a moderator of this forum *glares at Chaos and starts pushing buttons*

-Dem

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-08-01 14:07   
On your diruptor subject it kinda looked at star trek * klingons * for this idea.

Make the Heavy disruptor the beams we have now and the light some sort of disruptor cannon * bird of prey *

it should give them some good mix of weapons for when they opperate in a fleet and dont have to resort to sneak and run tactics.

- Axi

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-08-01 15:18   
Quote:

On 2003-08-01 11:29, Demorian wrote:

Short Version

• Lower signature on all missiles so that IT missiles are like Psi missiles.
  • Raise Missile Damage by a low amount to do a more substantial, noticable hit.
  • Raise Torpedo Damage by a low amount to do a more substantial, noticable hit.
  • Increase Drain drastically on Torpedo charge so that firing them all at once is not a wise or feasible option.
  • Make each mine type faction-specific.
  • Make Nuke mines do minimal shield/armor damage but moderate hull damage.
  • Make AntiMatter mines do minimal hull damage but moderate shield/armor damage.
  • Make EMP mines do minimal shield/armor/hull damage but around 3% damage per system per mine
  • Make Light Disruptors and Heavy Disruptors each slightly weaker than their CL1k and CL2k counterparts.
  • Limit Flux Waves to one per ship.
  • Make a Flux wave equivalent to hitting two or three of the EMP mines described above.
  • Make Flux take a lot more energy from the ship while charging.
  • Make EMP Cannons require a direct hit on the hull to damage systems, and each shot that hits should do 1-1.5% damage to all systems.
  • Make Flux Beams take a bit less energy to charge.
  • Make Flux Beams damage all systems 2-2.5% per full length beam contact, regardless of shields/armor.
  • Make AutoRepair and Reload devices invincible unless specifically targetted under the new system-target rule.
  • Crippling system damage should not take place via normal weapons until around 5% hull.

Good you made it easier to read ....

-"Make each mine type faction-specific."

As in UGTO wont be able to use AM and Nuke mines at all, meaning we cant build other factions Mines, not a bad idea, BUT what if we could only use the other factions mines if they dropped em after being destroyed?
Like only ICC can build Nuke mines with their ICC builds, but yet UGTO can still Build all other ICC tech other then Nuke mines, i would like that. Would give some more importance to Tech since UGTO/Kluth can only get them from being picked up.
-

-"Make Nuke mines do minimal shield/armor damage but moderate hull damage."

Sounds ok with me.
-

-"Make AntiMatter mines do minimal hull damage but moderate shield/armor damage."

Maybe moderate Sheild/Armor and Hull damage each? I cant get it out of my head how AM Tech is strongest.
-

-"[*]Make EMP mines do minimal shield/armor/hull damage but around 3% damage per system per mine."

Do 3% damage to each ship sys per-mine even if Sheilds/Armor are at 100%? or only if the Mines are blown/hit on the side that the Sheilds/Armor is down on? Plus it looks like they will be overpowering by doing Sheild/Armor, Hull and Sys dmg. Maybe Sheild/Armor and Sys dmg if Armor is down on the side they are blown, but causing no hull dmg?
-

-"Make Light Disruptors and Heavy Disruptors each slightly weaker than their CL1k and CL2k counterparts."

So Kluth LightBeams will be alittle less then the CL1k? Around equal to CL750 - CL900? That would make Kluth Lightbeams alot stronger then Human Lightbeams. Of couse having less energy drain then the current disruptor

Kluth HeavyBeams alittle less then the CL2k? around CL1k - CL1.5k? i know its only a CL500 less from the CL2k, but lets be reasonable. Also maybe ALITTTTTLLLLE bit les energy drain from the current Disruptor since its our HeavyBeam?
-

-"Make a Flux wave equivalent to hitting two or three of the EMP mines described above."

So 1FluxWave will do moderate Sheild/Armor dmg, and 9% sys dmg to each ship sys ONLY if Armor/sheild is down on the side it is set off on? I'll agree with 1Fluxwave doing the ammount of 3Emp mines, as long as the Sys dmg only takes place if armor is down on the side it is set off on. I said the same thing twice didint I? lol
-

-"Make Flux take a lot more energy from the ship while charging."

I thought it already did, but yes I agree.
-

-"Make EMP Cannons require a direct hit on the hull to damage systems, and each shot that hits should do 1-1.5% damage to all systems."

I take it you mean only if Sheilds/Armor are down? 1% dmg to each ship-sys per-hit sunds coo, But a EMP BattleDread will do about 35% sys dmg with each time it fires its 7 EMP Cannons.
-

-"Make Flux Beams damage all systems 2-2.5% per full length beam contact, regardless of shields/armor."

2% per full length of the beam sounds coo, but not with Sheilds/armor still up, that would make a EAD do about 8% sys dmg each time all 4 of its FluxBeams are fired. Maybe only do the sys dmg if Sheild/Armor is down on the side its hitting like how it is now.
-

-"Make AutoRepair and Reload devices invincible unless specifically targetted under the new system-target rule."

I say AutoRepair stays how it is and cant be dmged, and yes make DroneBays not take Dmg also.
-

-"[*]Crippling system damage should not take place via normal weapons until around 5% hull."

Doesnt sound to bad, but it gives UGTO to much of an advantage. ICC and Kluth wont be able to do any Sys dmg whille UGTO can just about dmg your sys with almost every shot, making it easy to kill the target. Plus this means ONLY UGTO is garented that they can jump out of battle at 20% hull with 0sys dmg, whille ICC/Kluth can be at 50%hull with alot of sys dmg from EMP/Flux weapons. The EMP BattleDread will turn into the current FluxBoat alllllll over again. Can't agree with that one.
-

thats all for the current things we are talking about in here

*edit: fixed typing errors and added alittle more suggjestion to the EMP cannon topic.*

[ This Message was edited by: g0ds s0ldier on 2003-08-01 15:30 ]

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-08-01 15:31   
Quote:

]Make EMP mines do minimal shield/armor/hull damage but around 3% damage per system per mine."[/b]

Do 3% damage to each ship sys per-mine even if Sheilds/Armor are at 100%? or only if the Mines are blown/hit on the side that the Sheilds/Armor is down on? Plus it looks like they will be overpowering by doing Sheild/Armor, Hull and Sys dmg. Maybe Sheild/Armor and Sys dmg if Armor is down on the side they are blown, but causing no hull dmg?

Maybe it would be overpowering. Maybe it wouldn't... from just my own predictions, I don't think it would... but this particular answer would be one for beta testing.

Quote:

-"Make Light Disruptors and Heavy Disruptors each slightly weaker than their CL1k and CL2k counterparts."

So Kluth LightBeams will be alittle less then the CL1k? Around equal to CL750 - CL900? That would make Kluth Lightbeams alot stronger then Human Lightbeams. Of couse having less energy drain then the current disruptor

Kluth HeavyBeams alittle less then the CL2k? around CL1k - CL1.5k? i know its only a CL500 less from the CL2k, but lets be reasonable. Also maybe ALITTTTTLLLLE bit les energy drain from the current Disruptor since its our HeavyBeam?

Well, yea. The reason I had them be less damage than their CL counterparts is because K'luth ships are generally equipped for more of them on one arc.

Quote:

-"Make a Flux wave equivalent to hitting two or three of the EMP mines described above."

So 1FluxWave will do moderate Sheild/Armor dmg, and 9% sys dmg to each ship sys ONLY if Armor/sheild is down on the side it is set off on? I'll agree with 1Fluxwave doing the ammount of 3Emp mines, as long as the Sys dmg only takes place if armor is down on the side it is set off on. I said the same thing twice didint I? lol
-

-"Make EMP Cannons require a direct hit on the hull to damage systems, and each shot that hits should do 1-1.5% damage to all systems."

I take it you mean only if Sheilds/Armor are down? 1% dmg to each ship-sys per-hit sunds coo.
-

-"Make Flux Beams damage all systems 2-2.5% per full length beam contact, regardless of shields/armor."

2-2.5% per full length of the beam sounds coo, but not with Sheilds/armor still up, that would make a EAD do about 8% sys dmg each time all 4 of its FluxBeams are fired. Maybe only d the sys dmg if Sheild/Armor is down on the side its hitting like now.

Well, my thinking behind all this (except for the EMP Cannon) is that the concept of the EMP is a space-and-matter permeating burst of electromagnetism. Shields and armor be darned... I dunno though. It's another thing for testing.

...or wait... maybe since shields are electromagnetic, maybe ICC would have to have shields down first before it would take effect! That'd be interesting... since theyre the defensive faction, it'd make sense that the weapons would affect the offensive one (K'luth) more easily.

Quote:

-"[*]Crippling system damage should not take place via normal weapons until around 5% hull."

Doesnt sound to bad, but it gives UGTO to much of an advantage. ICC and Kluth wont be able to do any Sys dmg whille UGTO can just about dmg your sys with almost every shot, making it easy to kill the target. Plus this means ONLY UGTO is garented that they can jump out of battle at 20% hull with 0sys dmg, whille ICC/Kluth can be at 50%hull with alot of sys dmg from EMP/Flux weapons. Can't agree with that one.
-

thats all for the current things we are talking about in here

Well, anyway, you know what I'm trying to say... hehe... I don't want to be in a station at 28% hull totally unable to do anything. The game might as well blow me up then. I'm useless! I can't even repair.

So, in some way, shape or form, I want to see the system damage done by weapons toned down severely.

---

All in all, one of my objectives is to reduce system damage as just an assistant to an opponent's defeat, and not a literal defeat... it should be weapons that do the work, not the inability to defend yourself.

Thanks for the reply, g0ds. I think you liked my list. hehehe.

-Dem

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025175 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR