No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » option to abanden ship and maybe about blowing up
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author option to abanden ship and maybe about blowing up
thebold
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-07-28 13:07   
1) when ships blow up why is there never any dead hulks of them as relics they have been there? they should be allowed to get salvaged for any surviving equiptment using the tractorbeam to get it from maybe a menu
doing this would cause not much press loss? think about setting SD and then leaving the ship if you left the ship and then tried to sd this would fail as your ship would be unmaned

2) you have the optionto SD why not try to save the lives of its crew in escape pods? no one has stoped to recognize that these dreads are actuly massive with alot of decks and crew so why not be able to abandon ship then set SD, or maybe create abandond ships?:P that can then be taken over by others ?:D

Proud Fleet Admin of [BIS]

[ This Message was edited by: thebold on 2003-07-28 13:16 ]

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-28 13:17   
i like it but don't forget surrender of course that's never an option for me

Email A Troll =SSC=
Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-07-28 13:27   
escape pod hehe i like very fast (bit faster than a scout) but no jump so u would need to dock with another ship and then jump together to the gat

Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-07-28 14:16   
Quote:
1) when ships blow up why is there never any dead hulks of them as relics they have been there? they should be allowed to get salvaged for any surviving equiptment using the tractorbeam to get it from maybe a menu
doing this would cause not much press loss? think about setting SD and then leaving the ship if you left the ship and then tried to sd this would fail as your ship would be unmaned

i remember gideon saying something about this and that it was a good possibility for something later on.

Quote:
2) you have the optionto SD why not try to save the lives of its crew in escape pods? no one has stoped to recognize that these dreads are actuly massive with alot of decks and crew so why not be able to abandon ship then set SD, or maybe create abandond ships?:P that can then be taken over by others ?:D

too EVEish with the escape pods. but i agree, something needs to be added to SD, too rampant and "useful"

Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-07-28 15:24   
Perhaps it is simply time for people to realize that human life is not as valued as it once was.

Ours is a hateful and cruel Universe where friends destroy friends; Innocents are exposed to the dead of vacuum instead of being allowed to surrender; the poor dregs that sift through waste in the bilges of Dreads are vaporized when the captain doesn't feel like flying that particular ships; whole fleets lost in a surge of power and a flicker of a server.

Think of each action in Darkspace as having a cooresponding action in real life. An Alpha strike is like a blow to the face. Attacks by moded Claws are like getting body-slammed by a midget body-builder. A flux is like a kick to the testicles.

An SD is like flippin' someone off.

[ This Message was edited by: Juxtapose on 2003-07-28 15:25 ]

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-28 16:05   
Quote:

On 2003-07-28 14:16, Lith Ragond wrote:
Quote:

too EVEish with the escape pods. but i agree, something needs to be added to SD, too rampant and "useful"

Every good Space game has Escape pods.
And it would work nicely for Ds because jumping somewhere for the only reason to attack a fleet on your own or Sd on someone you would waste your ship.

Then youd have to fly your Pod back to the gate and get a new ship.

Also it would allow people to actually "Win" A fight in the Mv.
The Enemy would have to fly the Pod back to a Shipyard and there they could get a new ship.

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2003-07-28 16:20   
i have talked to F him self some time back in beta and in the last public devlopment meeting
about this::

stations and dreads may have a escape scout in side there hangar
when ever you are destroyd or nearly destroyd you can eject the scout whit you in command
the station/dread comes just a auto defence state (only returing fire and wont stear) or scrapp
you can charge the enemy whit your scout or just use its JD to escape
when you return to anny gate in this special scout you can re enter the same system in a ship from your garaga or just go back to the homejump gate and choose a new ship

i have talked to F about this as well ::

if you are nearly destroyd you could have the option of ramming a ship
this may need some models scripting of a ship breaking apart on another ship
but this would alow you to do somthing else than SD or just try to perfectly time your death to get some kimakaze points
just a RAMM option
the emeny ship may take hudge amound of dammage maby even be destroyd as wel
Remember if you activate the option you can ramm team mates as wel
the first ship you hit whit your front side wil be the one who wil gets the ramm + speed is calculated as wel and some aria dammage

would like to see this + F i would like to talke more about these features

thebold
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-07-28 16:59   
nice to see a small portion of the communitee really wants these types of ideas

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-28 17:08   
i want to ram someone so bad

Email A Troll =SSC=
Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-07-28 17:26   
it would be help ful when the ship capturing come back

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-07-28 17:55   
This idea about ramming brings another thing to mind, Collisions with other ships, this way say you were going forward straight on with another ship, and then next thing you know everything goes berserk and you both die from hitting eachother head on, all of my games when two ships hit damage occures or the ship is destroyed in some way, maybe this might be put into affect for each 5 seconds 2% of your hull is destroyed or something along those lines

Email UnknownWarrior
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-07-28 18:16   
Why not reduce the Prestige lost when SDing when evacuating a ship?

of course it will take some time to evacuate the ship but when succesfull the costs of the SD or destruction of your ship will be lower 25-50%

- Axi

Drouid
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-28 18:26   
id like to see dead hulk of ships floating around during and after a battle. its not like every ship would be totally destroyed so nothing was left.

Josef
Marshal

Posted: 2003-07-28 18:26   
Juxtapose....

Thats deep man.....

DEEP.......

Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-07-28 20:07   

Juxtapose gives Josef a self destruct.

But I like the ramming idea...that would be cool!

Just as long as when an enemy/friendly ship is set to ram, it is indicated to all present...wouldn't want a poor little supply ship close jumping in to help and get run over.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023337 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR