No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Campaign Ribbons
 Author Campaign Ribbons
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-07-28 09:43   
New Medals and ribbons - they've been talked up a bunch. It seems there might even be the possibility for some new medals...if the momentum isn't lost and attention spans don't evaporate.

As for Campaign Ribbons, I have seen a few mentions of them but really only pictures - as an aside to new and more wackier medals.

So here is an idea for the addition of Campaign Ribbons (and yes, the present medals would have a cooresponding bar)

------- Existing Medals -------

Someone makes a bunch of the little bar/ribbons for the medals we got already: Bomber badge, combat, supply, etc.

Say the Combat ribbon is a crimson bar with dark vertical dark-blue bordered white bars near the right and left edges (for example) : A small silver star gets placed in the middle for Silver badge and that gets replaced with a small Gold star for...you guessed it, a gold badge.

This way, we all get a little fruit-salad tossed into our trophey rack (having just one little red bar would look silly. . .though it will be that way for n00bs)

----- Campaign Ribbons -----

Some important rules:

1. Much to the chagrin of all you FA playing, lightweights, these ribbons are for participation in the MV only.

2. A campaign is to be considered one run of the MV. Once it gets restarted a new campaign begins and the ribbons are awarded for how the last one went. (so, multiple runs of the MV...and you will have lots of ribbons)

3. Ribbons are based on a bell curve. So, yes, someone is going to fail to get one...and others are going to get some who probably don't really deserve it - War is hell.

4. Every MV reset, a new design of the basic ribbons is needed. Can't really have a chest full of the same boring designs...can't imagine it would be too terribly difficult to switch red with mauve.

5. If you are good, you can could qualify for 1 of each - get a whole bar in one Tour!

6. Each ribbon set is handed out for each Faction. Everytime you switch factions during a run of the MV, your storage and now your MV Campaign stats, get wiped...but you can still work hard!

Basic 'I was there' Ribbon : Congratulations! You served in the Metaverse for the basic amount of time needed to get a ribbon. Maybe you were AFK for the whole time, but hell, my grandfather got a chest full of medals for being a cook in World War II, so why shouldn't you!

This ribbon is given to the top 80% of participants judged by time spent playing in the MV...nothing more

Gold Campaign Ribbon : Top 10% of Players who received the most prestige while participating in the MV. Doesn't matter how long it took or what you did.

Silver Campaign Ribbon : The next 20% of players received the most prestige while participating in the MV. Doesn't matter how long it took or what you did.

Bronze Campaign Ribbon : The next 30% of players received the most prestige while participating in the MV. Doesn't matter how long it took or what you did.

The last 40% don't get squat!

Elite Combat Ace : Top 5% number of kills credited to the player while in MV (taking into account that AI/Monsters won't be counting in the near future)

Combat Ace : Next 10% number of kills credited to the player while in MV (taking into account that AI/Monsters won't be counting in the near future)

The next 85% gets nothing...but don't worry, kills don't count for nothing anyway

And so on...

Everyone gets a chance to get some ribbons per MV run. These are permanent fixtures under your medals and badges. Basically, the Bronze/lowest version of each medal shouldn't be made too hard to get. If you play the MV an average amount, you are bound to pick up some. If you play the MV religiously (and are half decent) you will probably get a Gold/Silver Version.

Just an idea.

***edited my poor addition of percentages***

[ This Message was edited by: Juxtapose on 2003-07-28 09:45 ]

Valerius{DK}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-28 09:59   
hmm, nice work, but i think your "Combat Ace" -badge needs editing, top 15% gets badges, when you think about how many die from planets or kill stealers, that sounds about little

Myon

Email Valerius{DK}
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-28 11:10   
I dont think the game sees a diffrence between FA or MV kills

So... New badges are always nice anyay

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-07-28 12:25   
Bart, yes, I don't think so either. So the game would have to have a secondary prestige counting system for MV use only...

But, who we kidding...the likelihood of this or any suggestion being implemented is similiar in to the likehood of Rogue Spear getting back into -GTN- (which is almost as unlikely as the patch being released today)

Pointless as soo much has become, I still post my never-to-be-implemented-but-not-so-bad ideas if only so I have something interesting to read at work.

Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-07-28 14:28   
/me persuades demo to let rogue back in just to make Juxta look stupid

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-28 14:42   
Quote:

On 2003-07-28 12:25, Juxtapose wrote:
But, who we kidding...the likelihood of this or any suggestion being implemented is similiar in to the likehood of Rogue Spear getting back into -GTN- (which is almost as unlikely as the patch being released today)

Yeah okay good point

Goto the website of Barthezzz
The Reaper
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-28 15:47   
Holy moley Bart, how many pointless posts can you make?!? - j/k

And yes, I realise the hypocrisy of my own post!

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-07-28 20:38   
Sounds good.

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-07-29 22:04   
I like it. There could be more for different things done in the different campaigns too, i.e...

(insert fancy bullet here) Top fleet in a campaign

(insert fancy bullet here) Most pretige earned for tasks during a campaign

(insert fancy bullet here) Most ships lost during a campaign (this is bad)

(insert fancy bullet here) Other things too...

Anywho, you can have ribbons for anything (Just ask the Airf Force!)! Boy, ain't the military grand? Think of interesting things, and maybe if each faction had its own distinctive looks to it. Also, each campaign's ribbons ought to have really different looks to them--having the same models(?) for a battle in Cygnus and one in Proycon is kind of odd; they are all the way across the system from each other, and as such, should have different looks.

Bito

Puppies gotta die, too.

Page created in 0.021012 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR