No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Non Faction Ships
 Author Non Faction Ships
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-07-25 15:56   
Im working on a proposal for some non-faction ships and in doing so i came across the Qustion of how many slots should non faction ships get?
This may seem like a stupid question, because one can easily tell how many slots are in each class of the current ships. But where should non faction ships ( IE: pirates, Civilian, merchants, independents, ETC...) come from? ( the From being a Shipyard.) So should these ships have the same amount of slots? ( IE: for the sake of argument lets say a ICC dessy has 14 slots, should a independent dessy from a non-faction world be able to produce a ship with 14slots?)

Question #2

Will non Faction ships have a more options in modding or Fewer?

Question #3

Would it be possable for Non-faction ships to Spawn from a Shipyard in Space? IE: a spacestation that is like a Gate

Question #4

What are some ruls of thumb that i should be more aware of in submitting any ship proposals.

Thanks for reading.

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-07-25 17:07   
Well whit the new diplomacy system comming up * right? * it would open a posebility for a neutral faction.
As T-Bone called em in his fiction Privateers.
They are neutral to ALL factions meaning they can orbit ANY planet from any faction BUT and here's the catch they can BUY and SELL at any starport however the cost/profit would be 4*/-4* the normal rate.
In account to that they CAN use any faction tech.
This also opens the option of BLACK MARKETS. they buy and could sell to other ppl from other factions.
Instead of the transport ships ICC, UGTO and Kluth have they would have Merchant ships.
Tough as hell but low on weps as are most Privateer ships

On the bad side they would have only a FEW ships.
maybe 2 each class * NO station/transports they cant cap as privateers *

Now here comes the fun part.
ANY fleet admin can HIRE them.
Hireing a privateer would allign em to the faction the fleet belongs to for a period of time.
After that he goes back neutral and you have to re-hire the privateer.
the price is ofcourse all up to the 2 sides

Well ill work it out more when im more sober/awake

- Axi

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-25 18:17   
I love the idea of being a Trader/Privateer but i also wouldnt wanna leave Storm.

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-07-25 23:58   
Yeah i agree Bart

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-07-26 06:06   
None faction ships should have a lot of restrictions, but i think we need some economy stuff working first before it's viable.

First off I don't think they should be military ships. Considering the history of DarkSpace, almost every ship will probably be armed to SOME degree, but they shouldn't be "military" ships. They should also cost a lot of credits, just to buy. They'd be a kind of additional 'for fun' ship. You could trade, or perhaps smuggle illegal technology/ (illegal resources?)/ etc....you could generate some interesting missions with them. And player military ships could, hmm, scan your cargo or something.

[ This Message was edited by: Horrible Hip-waders on 2003-07-26 06:24 ]

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-26 06:41   
For the Non Faction ships they would mainly be Transports with a few light Weapons and some Light Beams. They Do have a lot of Cargo Space.
Like their normal tranny should have 15 or 20 and their biggest should have 30 or higher, they would trade weapon space for cargo space
Their Combat ships shouldnt go any higher then Destroyer and even those ships are unbalanced compared to Faction Warship.

Of course, they arent made for combat. They were made to hold of the WarShips so the Transports could get away.

Unless of course, a Neutral Captures a faction cruiser

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Page created in 0.011930 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR