No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » A change to the factions...
 Author A change to the factions...
JediKnight
Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-18 01:58   
Now now... this would require some story change but as the story isn't very important in the first place who care right?

Okok this is kinda far out, some people will hate it, others will like it.

Very simple.

Remove the K'luth from their current position in the Universe. Give them a home system that the humans cannot access nor can they ever find the gate to. The K'luth should become invaders and pirates. For a K'luth society to take a planet, they should absolutely nuke or bomb it to dust and then drop baby bugs on the planet to multiply. The k'luth should lurk around the jump paths and trap fleets.

The war of the game should be between the human factions, and the K'luth should be there to piss off the other sides, not to dominate the universe. Make them alien, with no modifications. With on kluth mods available to the humans. Also put the cloak back to the way it was (where the more ECCM around drained more power) and take our armor away. It should be a dangerous but quick game for us.

As far as progress for the K'luth it should be measured by success while the humans are measured by territory.

I dunno, I know this is a big change, but I think it would really make things a little interesting. Perhaps even increase the Kluth jump drives so that we don't need jumpgates, make it ridiculously fast.

Goto the website of JediKnight
DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-18 04:56   
Well the humans should need some effort to find the gate to the homeworld of the kluth until that they still can fly FTL into the kluth HS

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-18 05:45   
thats a good idea really, i thought it was going to be a bad one just because of the title =)

so ICC and UGTO will still have teh fast connections to each others systems and kluth will have no gate connections to the human systems, and i dont think you have to do any story changing either

maybe make it so there is a 2 system non gate jump to kluth systems and then they have there own network for gates... hey even then you can make jumpgates look speicalized =)

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2003-07-18 07:02   
why not criate a cople of wormholes in sirius, lacaille and groombridge 34
were the k'luth spawn at random
that the come from some farr away system that is beond those wormholes
that the k'luth just become the invading unknownd alien army
that comes from some unknownd system FARRRRR away

Pentara
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-18 13:11   
Quote:
Remove the K'luth from their current position in the Universe. Give them a home system that the humans cannot access nor can they ever find the gate to.

Translation - Make it impossible for the humans to come to the Kluth home system and scrap all the hubs.

LOL. Am I the only one that finds this hilarious? Seriously though, what the game needs is more diversity, not less. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of a new race (Which I will always call the Mir cuz that just sounds perfect) and I think that making this recommended change will not help the game in any way.

If you want to just be a pain, ask to be able to fly the pirate fleets which Faustus wants to put into the game. No home, just annoying raiders. Or perhaps extend it to a neutral Mercenary faction. They could have no home system, (maybe a floating asteroid somewhere as their construction yard. And make it move randomly through systems so that no one (mercs included) ever knows exactly where it is) and fly scrapped together ships.

Zhaan
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-18 15:35   
@Pentara I believe that is what he is saying. Instead of "making a new class of priates/mercs" change the K'luth to that role.

I think that it would be quicker than coding new ship models, but then what do I know about it.

deaddog
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-18 15:40   
sound to me like a good idea but hey just like evry thing else just now it will take about 5 years to implement

Email deaddog
JediKnight
Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-18 15:48   
Its simple, more complex games don't do as well and are usually not as fun to enjoy. For instance, some of the WWII combat simulators and submarine games are so ridiculously accurate and complex, and... nobody plays them.

Its the same reason you can look at say America's Army and Counter-Strike. Why do more people play CS? Because its fun and fairly simple. If they were to make CS "realistic" and very intricate I guarantee they'd lose half the playerbase.

As far as DS I mean this would obviously take more thinking through but it certainly would make the game tons more fun. The people who like arcade type games (ehem, Fleet Admiral) can log on the MV as the K'luth and wreak havoc, and those that like RPG's and such can play humans.

There would be no home system hubs for the humans to destroy. Hell they wouldn't even have the same buildings, if any at all, what do aliens need buildings for? A human invasion would be pointless. The bug space is not there for the taking. But they CAN invade.

Tael suggests maybe doing this with the 4th race, but then, its so much more complex at that point...

Goto the website of JediKnight
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-19 00:36   
I thought the K'luth were running from the fourth faction. If they are running, I assume that there home system has already been conquered.

Email Tbone
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-19 05:55   
Quote:

On 2003-07-18 13:11, Pentara wrote:
Quote:
Remove the K'luth from their current position in the Universe. Give them a home system that the humans cannot access nor can they ever find the gate to.

Translation - Make it impossible for the humans to come to the Kluth home system and scrap all the hubs.

LOL. Am I the only one that finds this hilarious? Seriously though, what the game needs is more diversity, not less.

The Suggestion is good but Pent has a point to, the K'luth Home system has to be invadable by Human forces, otherwise it would just be plain unfair.
OR
The K'luth home system should only be able to have K'luth hubs, so human tech should be modded outside the home system.

Quote:

On 2003-07-18 13:11, Pentara wrote:
I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of a new race (Which I will always call the Mir cuz that just sounds perfect) and I think that making this recommended change will not help the game in any way.

Legion, hopefully something that never comes. DarkSpace will die if they add a 4th faction. It will turn into DarkSpace Asia, 4 factions with about 5 Players online.
DarkSpace doesnt have enough players for 3 factions let alone 4.

Sure the idea of a new faction is nice but it wont help the game.

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-07-19 10:12   
Umm Barth, Jedi said that Kluth would only have there own tech and wouldnt be able to use human.

Also to the story of the 4th race and Kluth being driven from there home, he also mentioned it would require a change to the story line.

I like the idea, but not the fact they could still sneak in while most people are asleep and steal our planets from us, without anyway of retaliation ..

Page created in 0.017657 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR