No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Please scrap the planet revolting feature!
 Author Please scrap the planet revolting feature!
unknown force
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-17 08:10   
There is nothing in the world as frustrating as spending half an hour capping a planet in the metaverse just to have it revolt and become hostile to you and requiring the planet to be recaptured again!
I don't understand the purpose of this feature as it only frustrates players and consumes more valuable time in a game that is already extremely time taxing to play. Perhaps it was added to add realism to the gameplay but I find it unnecessary and I am sure other players don't like capping planets twice either. So please please get rid of planet revolts in the metaverse.

[ This Message was edited by: pokemon*Ltcdr* on 2003-07-17 08:11 ]

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-17 08:16   
Yeah its pretty useless atm. Id like to see it turned off to

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-07-17 09:00   
Heck no is this gonna happen.

I agree that it feels out of place in the current game system because there is so little real economic management / economy simulation / "realism" in the way planets are run. However, planets have always revolted in DarkSpace. It's always been a feature... granted it used to be cooler (if you didn't properly manage the planet after capping it, it would go back to the enemy side, not neutral).

However, the fact is, if you know what you're doing, you can prevent a revolt / smuggling operation / political instability every time. It's not inconvenient if it can be fixed... because it can be corrected, it becomes simply a challenge and a responsibility.

Like I said, I know it's out of place currently, but you've gotta face the reality: owning planets, especially as a fleet, in DarkSpace... after a few patches, that is... will be a responsibility. You will have to watch over them and make sure they are properly managed, or they will revolt to another fleet or worse, another faction.

Planet revolts are a glimpse of things to come. Removing it would be futile.

-Dem

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-17 10:43   
I agree with Demorian, I like it although it doesn't make much sense atm
Btw, I want to be allowed to jump through planets, I always could, so why shouldn't I do it now

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Spiritlift
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-17 11:28   
LMAO

Iza Wonder Why Some people Want anything remoting exciting removed from this game ...

Suggestion to The Evil Planet Governments that Do Not look after thier people so they revolt ... Try Feeding them .....Giving them work & Food ... ie Farms!!!

onthis note .. Can some of you people stop trying to Strip this game Instead why not try & add to it ... or say nothing at all ....

MY Addition ...
I would like to see More Planetary structures .. Ie ,, Hospitals , Parliaments (like white houses) , Recycling depots (as some1 suggested earlier) Rubbish Dumps (like the ones you can see from space), BankPorts (Like som1else & I suggested earlier) ...

I Cannot Say How much i would like Planet Maintenance Made more Important ...

it annoys me When players juz cap sumthing & Move on leaving others to do "the Ladies Work", I actually find it Rewarding , but it obviously needs to be made more important/fun/rewarding for others...

Goto the website of Spiritlift
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-07-17 13:01   
@Lift...

There will be plenty of new ways to maintain planets and economics soon. The political system in 1.483 (I think) will change DarkSpace as we know it... I hope it will at least partially answer my call for something for the players to do aside from invade each other's systems. I dunno about the new buildings...

All in due time.

-Dem

Imaginary Shifty
Midshipman

Posted: 2003-07-17 13:05   
by soon he means 1 year to 3 years into the future.

Beyond Imagination Hosted by Twisted Designs

Email Imaginary Shifty   Goto the website of Imaginary Shifty
Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-17 13:16   
I agree with the responsible management theory. it adds to the game.
it makes things interesting when you are stuck in space twiddling thumbs.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Hitman23
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-17 14:53   
I like this feature and would hate to see it go. With all the talk of the upcoming features I am actually excited, frustrated but still excited.

A piece of advice if you didn't understand Spirit. Whenever you see the moral "Low" on a planet, an extra autofarm will bring it back up to "High" in no time. This will save the planet from revolting everytime.

Email Hitman23
Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-07-17 15:40   
I think we should have more buildings and more invading units!! (how do infantry go into the middle of an ocean?) we need aircraft!!!(well i guess with the new fighters this won’t be so bad...but what about helicopters and tanks! I like what spirit said bout the buildings. We could use statues or something to raise moral and/or increase the rate u get population for a planet...

[thanks for spirit to help me post LOL]

unknown force
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-18 02:23   
I'm not sure what there is to do to prevent revolts. The planet that revolted on me had adequate food and habitat and was actively managed. In fact I paused all the barracks to make recapping easier should it revolt which it did.

Page created in 0.019878 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR