No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Idea for Faction Jumpgates
 Author Idea for Faction Jumpgates
Bad_Skeelz
Cadet

Posted: 2003-07-13 09:33   
No...this is isn't a post suggesting that any enemy ship that comes within a JG safe zone explodes or any other sort of balance issue, its really a cosmetics issue.

As we all know, inter-system jumpgates have been removed from the Beta MV and most likely the same will happen to the retail MV once the patch goes up. As far as i know the only JGs left will be the ones in the homesystem, where we spawn our engies, scouts, frigates, etc. If anyone has listened to some of Gideon's and other developers posts, there is nothing in the DS history that explains how a JG works or even mentions them at all, (I'm guessing) they exist solely for gameplay issues. Now back to the topic: When the patch goes live and the only JG will b) things will look kind of odd. Will this just be a jumpgate (which according to DS histroy don't exist) that leads off to some mythical system filled with shipyards, training academies and whatnot? No that would be silly. I propose that we do away with the current JG model and replace it with some large orbital base. It would have all the components necessary to manufacture the lower-tier ships (they just pop out like the current JG). So now we would have our smaller ships being built at this base and the capital ships being constructed at the planetary shipyards.

-Excerpt from Vice Admiral Skeelz's court-martial regarding the malignant boiling and eating of K'luth prisoners of war.

Email Bad_Skeelz
DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-07-17 11:01   
Maybe that station would look a bit like the stations in STar Trek with space inside them for the ships, once you select a ship or you want to fly into it the autopilot would get you in/out with no chance for you to crash into its walls (wouldn't be funny for the newbies)

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Page created in 0.006942 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR