Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Public Developer Chat 06.30.03 Courtesy of Axianda
 Author Public Developer Chat 06.30.03 Courtesy of Axianda
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-06-30 18:07   
Thanks for the log, Ax.

19:32:30 [Admin]Faustus: "anyway... lets get this thing underway... room is now moderated... which means you should whisper any questions to one of the moderators or admins in the room"
19:33:10 [Admin]Faustus: "hmm... I can't unhide"
19:40:30 [TK]Jim Starluck: "Because you're not hidden...you're just on /Away"
19:40:30 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "You're not hidden, just /away"
19:40:31 [Admin]Trag: "F, your already unhidden."
19:33:29 [Admin]Faustus: "nm... I was set /away"
19:40:34 [Admin]Trag: "Your /away"
* [TK]Jim Starluck smacks forehead
19:40:39 [Admin]Trag: "lol"
19:33:40 [Admin]Faustus: "LOL... sorry"
19:41:18 [Admin]Trag: "Ok question 1: Latest info on the patch?"
19:34:33 [Admin]Faustus: "alright, here is the state of 1.481..."
19:35:37 [Admin]Faustus: "I'm about 80% done with the interface changes... these changes include some asthetic redesign of the interface, hotkeys are shown on the button for all buttons.. "
19:36:16 [Admin]Faustus: "trade route interface... "
19:36:35 [Admin]Faustus: "new interface, although not implemented yet for formations..."
19:37:10 [Admin]Faustus: "and I've made the interface more consistant in it's design..."
19:37:56 [Admin]Faustus: "once the interface is finished up (sometime this week for sure)... then I've got some minor server issues to address, then we will be entering the final phase of beta testing (about 1 week) before we release the new version."
19:38:38 [Admin]Faustus: "no, new interface is not in beta yet... and no it's not different for diff species... that would be nuts "
19:45:50 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "..which means we want EVERYONE and their brothers, sisters, dog, etc in the beta server to test it during that final phase."
* You whispered to [TK]Jim Starluck : "I think this is a question most players want to see awnsered. when are the platforms and fighter comming out into beta?"
19:39:10 [Admin]Faustus: "selv is right... in fact, plan to make a big annoucement for final beta testing"
19:46:18 [TK]Jim Starluck: "And your nextdoor neighbors if you can talk 'em into it"
19:46:24 [Admin]Trag: "Sounds great. Next question: What about the the fighters? Are these going to make in in 1.481? "
19:39:26 [Admin]Faustus: "we really will need lots of people playing beta to stress the servers.."
19:46:53 [Admin]Trag: "Add the platforms to that questions as well."
* You whispered to [TK]Jim Starluck : "scrap my question "
19:40:10 [Admin]Faustus: "OK... again, please whisper your questions to Trag... so we can keep this meeting somewhat organized.."
19:40:42 [Admin]Faustus: "@trag... some fighter changes are already in beta... fighter changes and platforms are the 2 things that may wait for 1.482... we shall see"
19:48:22 [Admin]Trag: "PB]Spiritlift @67511 Sent "Re PD toggle , will torp dets & PD be seperated ?""
19:41:21 [Admin]Faustus: "OK... again, please whisper your questions to Trag... so we can keep this meeting somewhat organized.."
* You whispered to [Admin]Trag : "mind telling us what changes the fighters already have?"
19:48:46 [Admin]Trag: "As in the shift space command he says."
19:48:49 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "You actually can whisper questions to any of the staff, but we will forward them the [Admin]Trag, unless it is something we can answer ourselves."
19:42:00 [=WKA=]theG: "concernign it turning on and off the point defense"
19:42:07 [Admin]Faustus: "@spritlift...yeah, thats because space is mapped to both beam weapons and torps.. when you hold down shift, thats the alternative use key... "
19:42:44 [Admin]Faustus: "for torps it's to det, for beam weapons it switched the PD on/off... I will prolly change it so only ctrl-B will change PD.."
19:50:15 [Admin]Trag: "* [PB]Spiritlift @67511 Sent "ok but is that gong to be separated , as in so you can det trops & not turn on PD?""
19:50:25 [Admin]Trag: "Ok, that answers that."
19:43:30 [Admin]Faustus: "@spritit... yes, will do that"
19:50:46 [Admin]Trag: "Next: * [DLH]Deathscythe {C?} [AA] whispered "ar the kluth gona get other weapons now the the disrutors ar now medium beam slots ??""
19:44:09 [Admin]Faustus: "@Deathscythe ... yes, in 1.482 everyone will get some new weapons"
19:51:39 [Admin]Trag: " Great Gaifen whispered are bombs going to track structures now with the planet rotation?""
19:44:52 [Admin]Faustus: "basically, 1.481 is all about the new server backend... and being ABSOLUTELY sure it's not going to crap out under load.. I'd rather hold off on new stuff is possible."
19:52:35 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "..other than platforms, shipyards, and fighters?"
19:46:05 [Admin]Faustus: "@Great Gaifen .... proton cruise missiles are tracking bombs, so those will yes, other non-guided bombs will not, so you'll need to aim some hexes to the side to hit.. depending on your range... obviously, I need to go fix the intercept code to take into account angular rotation .. I will see if I can do that soon"
19:53:14 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "IE, there WILL be new stuff for the player point-of-view, but it will be limited."
19:46:36 [Admin]Faustus: "OK... again, please whisper your questions to Trag... so we can keep this meeting somewhat organized.."
19:47:10 [Admin]Faustus: "no promises on that angular rotation issue though "
19:54:20 [Admin]Trag: ""* [PB]g0ds s0ldier whispered You can group your torps to group #1, but you cant Shift #1 to det them, would that be fixed?""
19:47:34 [Admin]Faustus: "@g0ds s0ldier ... YES"
19:54:59 [Admin]Trag: " [-GTN-]SabelTooth{C?}[NewbHelp] whispered "any plans for making sum sort of timer to see when an invaded planet caps?""
19:47:57 [Admin]Faustus: "@zerocool... yes, all muted messages goto the admin/mods in the room"
19:48:15 [Admin]Faustus: "@SabelTooth... GOOD IDEAL "
19:48:40 [Admin]Faustus: "that would add some tense mood to the game.. "
19:56:03 [Admin]Trag: "[PB]Spiritlift @67511 Sent "a current update on the ecm /eccm /kloak ordeal , resolution ?""
19:49:32 [Admin]Faustus: "BTW... new missions system guys... you can just select a target, then hit Control-C to create a capture missions for example for your target... that mission is assigned a priority based on your rank and goes into a queue... those missions are auto assigned to players based on their ship types.."
19:49:59 [Admin]Faustus: "Control-A for attack mission, control-D for defend mission, etc... "
19:57:17 [TK]Jim Starluck: "Sweet =D"
19:50:18 [Admin]Faustus: "this should really help players coordinate efforts in game... "
19:50:29 [Admin]Faustus: "plus, it works accross the universe as well... "
19:51:09 [Admin]Faustus: "@zerocool... no, players will be able to turn off the auto-mission assignment.."
19:58:28 [Admin]Trag: "F were you going to address the ecm / eccm question from spirit?"
19:51:32 [Admin]Faustus: "oh, and control-s for scout mission... "
19:51:43 [=WKA=]theG: "Zerocool please send your questions to the staff in a whisper"
19:52:01 [Admin]Faustus: "@Spiritlift .... ecm / eccm / cloak is fixed in my current version.."
19:59:31 [Admin]Trag: "Did anything change regarding those that we should know about?"
19:54:26 [Admin]Faustus: "@trag... question??"
19:54:36 [Admin]Faustus: "please whisper questions to trag... "
20:01:43 [Admin]Trag: "* [-GTN-]The Spirit of Enterprise whispered "How fast will most planet Rotate? Will it be related to their size? And, will platforms orbit with the planet?""
20:02:30 [Admin]Trag: "F, when you are ready for the next question, end your statement with `next`."
19:55:28 [Admin]Faustus: "@Enterprise .... I think the default rotation speed is 15 min for a full rotation, it can be diff for each planet... and yes, when platforms are implemented they will rotate the planets as well.."
19:55:34 [Admin]Faustus: "next"
19:55:46 [Admin]Faustus: "@trag... will do"
20:02:57 [Admin]Trag: "* Josef whispered "Will ship hit-boxes be elliptic like the shape of the ship? Or at least smaller?""
19:56:45 [Admin]Faustus: "@josef... ideally, I want to eventually do polygon based collision... and add hit specific damage textures to the ships as well... some of this code is already implemented, but it will have to wait for a later version.."
19:56:47 [Admin]Faustus: "next"
20:04:02 [Admin]Trag: "* [DLH]wolfi whispered "in mv will there be AI controled ships like pirates or will that be l8r or not at all""
19:57:44 [Admin]Faustus: "@wolfi.... hehe... thats something I've been wanting to get done for a while, I think chromix has most of the pirate fleet script written, but was waiting on some additional scripting features... "
19:58:14 [Admin]Faustus: "I would place a real high priority on that features for this upcoming release... but that is a high priority"
19:58:21 [Admin]Faustus: "next"
20:05:36 [Admin]Trag: " [=SSC=]TheSmurftu whispered "Can we expect shield planets to finally shield asteroids in this patch?""
19:59:03 [Admin]Faustus: "@TheSmurftu ... wa wa what? ???"
19:59:07 [Admin]Faustus: ";)"
19:59:31 [Admin]Faustus: "BTW... asteroids are REALLY dangerous now, try hitting one in beta with your ship "
20:06:54 [Admin]Trag: "I think he's saying that you can knock asteroids into planets causing damage."
* You whispered to [Admin]Trag : "Will the ICC pulse shield have effect on asteroids?"
20:00:18 [Admin]Faustus: "ah... ok then, will put that bug on my TODO list for 1.481"
20:00:21 [Admin]Faustus: "next"
20:07:33 [Admin]Trag: "[Storm]37-tech[NL] whispered "the options for the ground units raze, attack & fortify how wil that interface wil look like ??""
20:01:44 [Admin]Faustus: "@37-tech... simple, select the ground unit, click on a button... 3 buttons, attack, raze, and hold position.."
20:02:39 [Admin]Faustus: "I did play around with the ideal of you selecting a target (i.e. drop target), then giving an order to attack for example, and the closest ground unit receiving the order.. "
20:03:19 [Admin]Faustus: "however, this interface for ground units is not completely flushed out yet... next"
20:10:35 [Admin]Trag: " [DLH]Deathscythe {C?} [AA] whispered "ar there be new ships comming whit the patch ?¿""
20:04:01 [Admin]Faustus: "@Deathscythe ... no new ships planned, again 1.481 is more about the new server backend, and interface changes.. "
20:11:11 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "Not this time"
20:04:19 [Admin]Faustus: "in the next version, we shall put adding the wormhold device onto stations ... "
20:11:24 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "1.482 MAYBE, 1.483, most likely"
20:04:21 [Admin]Faustus: "next"
20:11:50 [Admin]Trag: "* [=SSC=]TheSmurftu whispered "Since asteroids can kill us now...can we expect much bigger asteroid fields in the future or just the normal asteroid ring around the planet?""
20:04:58 [Admin]Faustus: "BTW... I still may slap platforms into this version before release if it's tests really good.."
20:05:24 [Admin]Faustus: "@TheSmurftu ... yes, plan to do some tweaking so asteroid fields will randomize the size of the asteroids some.. "
20:07:20 [Admin]Faustus: "@theG ... hang, let me check the code.."
20:14:58 [Admin]Trag: "F is regarding this question: [-GTN-]The Spirit of Enterprise whispered "Reconnecting Problem with Beta, when I get disconected, I cant reconnect, i click on the button and it does NOTHING. Its like The server was down or I wasnt connected to the internet"
20:15:06 [Admin]Trag: "Just so you all know."
20:08:29 [Admin]Faustus: "@theG ... cloak does use energy already"
20:16:33 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "Actually, this question he was checking on and responding to: * [MODTALK] [=WKA=]theG @29657 Sent "will the claok drain power in the upcoming patch so that claok can't stay on all the time" "
20:17:05 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "Cloak won't stay on all the time if there is enough of an energy drain encompassing all of the ship's systems."
20:10:29 [Admin]Faustus: "@theG... that would be hard to do, since there are SO many k'luth ship configurations... the energy usage would have to match the energy generation to a tee... it's just not possible.."
20:10:51 [Admin]Faustus: "next"
20:17:59 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "However, it is still possible to be sitting still, doing nothing else, and staying cloaked indefinitely, as long as you aren't sitting right next to a massive ECCM source."
20:18:04 [Admin]Trag: "[S.W]ceridan whispered "whats the wormhole device?(did i miss something?)""
20:11:39 [Admin]Faustus: "@ceridan ... this device lets a ship open a wormhole to another location in the universe (just like a jumpgate).."
20:12:09 [Admin]Faustus: "the range will be limited, i.e. 1,000,000 gu .... and stations will be the only ships with the device.."
20:12:18 [Admin]Faustus: "next"
20:19:51 [Admin]Trag: "[DLH]Deathscythe {C?} [AA] whispered "if mobile armor come whit the patch do you need to build the tanks and stuf from the barack or the planet factory need to build them ?""
20:13:27 [Admin]Faustus: "@Deathscythe ... you'll just need to research the tech, and barracks will build the armor units.."
20:13:33 [Admin]Faustus: "next"
20:20:55 [Admin]Trag: "[-GTN-]Krim {C?} @43739 Sent "Im in game, but can you ask faustus if there will be any triangulation interfance planned?" As in to do more advanced plotting."
20:21:10 [Admin]Trag: "For the nav map."
20:22:08 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "Yeah, semi-permanent nav waypoints would be nice, too. Probably a 1.482/3 addition, though."
20:15:15 [Admin]Faustus: "@krim... not sure what your asking..."
20:22:29 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "Could be implemented as space beacons or something."
20:15:30 [Admin]Faustus: "ah, nevermind.. you mean waypoints or something?"
20:22:42 [Admin]Trag: "Yeah."
20:22:44 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "beacons/buoys"
20:22:50 [Admin]Trag: "Jump from point a to b to c, etc."
20:16:11 [Admin]Faustus: "@theG... can do that, NP.."
20:23:41 [Admin]Trag: "[-GTN-]Krim {C?} @43739 Sent "I mean as in Say Clicking a planet, then being able to map lines across the map Point A, Point B, Distances between them etc.. Useful for avoiding Interdictors etc..""
20:16:36 [=WKA=]theG: "Bad_skeez yes to your question.... Bad_Skeelz whispered "since Asterioids can now send us back to the shipyard quickly, will PD now target asteroids?""
20:25:05 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "I think it would be fairly easy to set and maintain personal waypoints on the nav map. Shared ones are mor difficult."
20:18:16 [Admin]Faustus: "@Krim .... that's been discussed before, serveral times, I would like to implement something like that... however, the current implementation of the jump drives, means each segment would be a new jump.."
20:18:36 [Admin]Faustus: "what selv said.. "
20:25:48 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "Yeah, I don't think that would be an issue, F."
20:26:23 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "We already can set one temporary waypoint on the nav/tactical map. It would just be an issue of making it "sticky"."
20:26:36 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "..so it doesn't go away when you click on something else."
20:19:42 [Admin]Faustus: "yep... "
20:20:23 [Admin]Faustus: "prolly, so long as you hold down control, the points would link..."
20:20:43 [Admin]Faustus: "next"
* You whispered to [Admin]Trag : "Will the ICC pulse shield affect asteriods? and will asteroids be a target for planetary PD?"
20:28:28 [Admin]Trag: "I've had several inqueries about the planned release in regards to advertising / any thing special / and the referral incentives possibility?"
20:28:31 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "Probably be easier to do what ZeroCool is asking with the waypoint feature. Having a couple of input boxes for absolute X/Y coordinates might not be as useful as you'd think."
20:22:08 [Admin]Faustus: "@trag... yes, there will be lots of promotion going on with the new version... what exactly, we're not telling just yet "
20:29:43 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "Suffice it to say a number of different promotions are being considered."
20:23:58 [Admin]Faustus: "next"
20:31:04 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "next? ready?"
20:31:55 [Admin]Trag: " [-GTN-]Baikon whispered "Ive noticed that fighters will sometimes fail to dock their carriers... will this be fixed?""
20:32:36 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "Well, are you waiting on them, or just leaving them behind?"
20:25:45 [Admin]Faustus: "50 [MUTED] Great Gaifen: "can u recieve missions that u created?!?!?!?""
20:25:50 [Admin]Faustus: "@great.. NO"
20:25:55 [=WKA=]theG: "ok Gentlemen please direct your questiosn to staff or Moderators, admins etc.. please..."
20:26:06 [=WKA=]theG: "in a whisper"
20:26:21 [Admin]Faustus: "@Baikon ... will look to fix that bug then... don't know about this ver however"
20:26:46 [Admin]Faustus: "next"
20:33:57 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "If you leave them behind, they can run out of fuel, I think."
20:34:01 [Admin]Trag: "[PB]Keyser Soze @50918 Sent "can we ask, or do we know, whether we can get planetary defense to target just one thing? or is it random or distance based?""
20:27:44 [Admin]Faustus: "@keyser... it's largely distance based, one defense base will not target an object already targeted by another BTW... next"
20:35:04 [Admin]Trag: "Josef whispered "Why are you nerfing tractor scouts?""
20:35:10 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "* Josef whispered "When a carrier dread is under a station or other ship, its fighters just circle above the ship, forming a halo" "
20:35:30 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "Josef -> That's a bug; needs to be posted in the Beta Disc forum, for sure."
20:29:01 [Admin]Faustus: "@trag.. next q"
20:36:26 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "Josef's question about nerfing tractor scouts, F."
20:36:29 [Admin]Trag: "* [Storm]StarReaver @77790 Sent "Will other units such as suplies and cruisers be able to ride along with the station when makeing a wormhole jump?""
20:37:04 [Admin]Trag: "Oh, I thought he was passing it up. ="
20:30:02 [Admin]Faustus: "@StarReaver ... yes.... actually, the wormhold will appear in front of the station, so any ships nearby can fly into it from either side... "
20:30:28 [Admin]Faustus: "I was.."
20:37:47 [Admin]Trag: "Will the wormholes be able to be used by all factions?"
20:37:52 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "Heh.. need to say *NO COMMENT* then.."
20:37:54 [Admin]Trag: "Or just the faction that created them?"
20:30:58 [Admin]Faustus: "@trag... yes"
20:31:11 [Admin]Faustus: "just like a jumpgate..."
20:31:13 [Admin]Faustus: "next"
20:38:21 [Admin]Trag: "* [S.W]ceridan whispered "how mutch time the wormhole will stay open?""
20:31:50 [Admin]Faustus: "@baikon.. yeah, balance will determine the actual times.. but prolly 5 min to charge to the device, and it only stays open for 60 seconds or so.."
20:39:31 [Admin]Trag: " [Storm]Archaon whispered "I coded something do extract Darkspace imagery from the .wob files, are u okay with the public release of that?""
20:39:49 [Admin]Trag: "That sounded interesting."
20:32:58 [Admin]Faustus: "@Archaon ... hehe.. good job on doing that firstly... no problem on releasing that"
20:40:20 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "That sounds like a private discussion topic."
20:33:33 [Admin]Faustus: "well, perhaps.. "
20:40:59 [Admin]Trag: " [-[A]-]-Nelson- [NH] [Ally IU] whispered "will there be a neutral faction in the forseeable future (I.E: next couple of patches)"""
20:41:38 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "Probably, unless F utterly hates the idea.. ;O)"
20:35:25 [Admin]Faustus: "thats possible... don't know when "
20:35:34 [Admin]Faustus: "I don't hate the ideal.."
20:35:37 [Admin]Faustus: ";)"
20:42:54 [Admin]Trag: "lol, you say ideal when you mean idea"
20:43:35 [Admin]Trag: "ready for next?"
20:43:52 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "I think that the neutral faction feature will be part of the release that includes independents, the political system, etc."
20:36:52 [Admin]Faustus: "one more question..."
20:44:09 [Admin]Trag: " [PB]Pakhos whispered "are we going to have more reloads drone on stations?""
20:37:41 [Admin]Faustus: "@Pakhos ... that will get determined in 1.482... when we do balance adjustments"
* You sent to [*TS*]Drouid *VA* [Ally I/U] @58696: "Hey D there is a dev meeting. if you wanna know whats going on join it "
20:46:00 [Admin]Trag: "Cool, can I ask a question? If the kluth are losing cl tech, are the others losing the kluth tech?"
20:39:02 [Admin]Faustus: "I'd want to be sure it was needed... but the idea sounds solid to add more supply to stations.."
20:46:13 [Admin]Trag: "Ex, AM mines."
20:39:44 [Admin]Faustus: "@trag... nope, I said one more question, and pakos asked it "
20:47:02 [Admin]Trag: "Doh!"
20:47:04 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "In closing, everyone should be well prepared in the coming week or two to spend a LOT of time in beta.. please. PLEASE."
20:40:32 [Admin]Faustus: "@trag... I think what needs to happen is a heavy disruptor... so k'luth could still mount cl2k on their ships.."
* You whispered to [Dev]Selvarian {IMC} : "May i suggest something. Close the FA server for that week and add a credit bonus for testers. it might attract the greedy players to "
20:47:52 [Admin]Trag: "Yay!"
20:47:53 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: "We'll try to find some carrots for you, but don't make us resort the "The Stick" to get you all in there."
20:48:13 [Dev]Selvarian {IMC}: ":O)"
20:41:21 [Admin]Faustus: "hehe... that got a good response "
* Room is no longer moderated...

there ya go

-Dem

Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-06-30 18:10   
I'm Drooling...

Lunatiq
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2003-07-02 02:28   
Beauty Ax ~

Go Faustus!!!

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-07-29 22:32   
Polygonal Collision and new damage effects? *drool*

Page created in 0.029579 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR