Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » Defense Missions from within the Forums,
 Author Defense Missions from within the Forums,
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-06-21 09:04   
Whining about set-backs is a defense mechanism that all faction employ in the face of adversery. The average player may be faced with a post from the enemy who is pleading mercy or arguing that winning is impossible due to certain inequalities. The more set-backs, the more posts.

The average player ignores it. But they keep on coming. Eventually, though, it affects that player causing them to let up. The whining posts have served their purpose...the embattled faction gets some breathing room to regroup.

This is not always the case. Last summer, there were more pages written about the inferiority of ICC ships, by ICC members, than were in the novel : War and Peace, yes...I counted. These posts had the opposite effect on both the beleagured and the attacker. Some ICC players quit the M.V. Many UGTO players got so sick of the noise that they left the FA and pressed home the attack in the MV.

All factions have whiners. The worse that faction is doing, the more flock to that banner and the better the chance of the enemy letting up.

Instead of fighting and helping, they leave the Servers in droves to sit in the chat rooms to moan about their situation. This leaves their teammates, the average players, in an even worse situation than before. The bad situation snow-balls to a worse one...which is where the Defense Mechanism kicks in and saves both the vocal-minority and the average Faction player.

If the Average players manages to pull out a victory from overwhelming odds and infactional discord? Well-l, you will be sure to see the same players that have written all those dramatic posts and complained the loudest (all the while doing nothing), raising the banner of victory the highest!

The posters that were complaining inveriably change their tact. Go ahead, look around. Find a post that is gloating...and when I say gloating, I don't mean the Average player gloat of: We kicked yer Botox, but the ones that are mean spirited and petty...the ones that really demonstrate what sort of player is writing the post... and I bet, if you look a bit more you will find ones written by the same author that were filled with dread and gloom.

So don't worry so much about it. The average player is 80%. The rest don't comprise a majority even if they write the majority of posts. Let the 20-percenters have their forum and their fun. The rest of us can enjoy the game for what is meant to be, a game.

'A1Tyrael
Cadet

Posted: 2003-06-21 09:08   
*Claps*

Hello Joe! ;)

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-06-21 09:34   
It always amazes me how Jux can write those long and insightful posts - using nothing but his Tongue!

Truely amazing.

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-06-21 10:16   
I dont get it...

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Griller_GT
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-06-21 10:18   
I still want an option to turn off enemy chat...

Boy am I gonna get in trouble...!

PS How is this still online??

Email Griller_GT
Octurion
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-06-22 17:54   
I am confuse now...Jux being smart? Dear lord I am ready to be taken away.

*Octurion starts to clap also*

Page created in 0.014193 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR