Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » The Navy Razes Groombridge 34: A Comedy
 Author The Navy Razes Groombridge 34: A Comedy
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-06-14 20:43   
NOTE: THIS POST BEST VIEWED IN 1280x1024 DESKTOP RESOLUTION

So I log on this afternoon and Malduc informs me that he's decided to poke around and see what kind of damage he can cause in the K'luth backsystems. Being the agreeable, impressionable guy that I am, I decided to join him. With the help of SSC at the beginning, Malduc and I proceeded to hop about the system for a few hours.

Yes, a few hours.

...a few... (empty).... (no K'luth in system)...... (anywhere)... (even after the system went white) ... hours.

So yea, it ended up looking like this:

Thanks, SSC! Anyway... so Malduc and I head into Lacaille, where we raze a few more planets then quickly get bored. Oh yea, not before tainting one more planet:

Stay with me, my story gets better.

So the K'luth arrive! *BUM bum BUM bum* *dun dun dun* *and other ominous sounds as well* They immediately sweep the system clean of any human filth. Seeing as how we razed most of the planets, this shouldn't have been quite so difficult.

Yea.

There were those two planets though, weren't there? God, those Death Stars are buggers. Malduc, and later myself (when I returned in my Fleet-hiding Flux Scout of DOOM) sat there for even more hours into the night (yes, it's night now, not afternoon. whoa.) and laughed hysterically at the hilarity that ensued.

You see, Yoth simply did not want to cap. It clung to its human saviors! This is to the point that one of the K'luth even /reported that it wouldn't cap! They landed and landed and landed and landed some more...

I swear, I didn't know planets were intended to hold that many units. Nor have I ever seen quite so many on a planet. Go figure.

So, after thirty or forty minutes and ten K'luth ships annihilated by the defenses of this one planet, the score is BKS 1, GTN 10. *fanfare*

Then comes Vladimir! Oh boy, this is where the fun begins, Not for a while though. Here's the K'luth fleet at Vladimir.
http://galacticnavy.thegamingunion.com/GroomRaid_VladApproachOne.JPG[/img]

SmilingJester said something about drinkin a Mudslide after capping Yoth, so I dunno what the K'luth were doing on their ships at this time, but it had me wondering something as to the extent of the truth of his statement.

The K'luth fleet, five minutes later.

We're making progress, people! We're making progress! Slowly, but surely, the K'luth reclaim their backwaters! It all began with their first bombing... uh... attempt.

Indeed. We're going places. So they proceed to launch a few carpetbombing runs and they take out our power and lots of our population!! *BUM bum BUM bum*

Malduc proceeds to rebuild the solar generators and I proceed to disband some of our infantry. Meanwhile, the K'luth advance on Vladimir in victory!!!... and land with... all of five infantry.

*looks back at Yoth*
*looks at Vlad*
*shrugs*

At which point we could have sworn we heard them saying over their com "The planet will be ours soon. Will it now? Let us celebrate with beer and women!! Ssshh the humans may be listening, they're not supposed to know about the alcohol! Say what? What defenses?" At which point the strange sound of dozens of missile salvoes fills the space around the fleet.

"RUN AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!"

...and they scatter like faeries chased by fly swatters.

Yes, BKS, some defenses do come back online.

But seriously, folks.

They did another carpet bomb, slaughtered the hub, and the planet was theirs soon after that. Thanks very much to the UGTO that helped us have such a good time, and to the K'luth, kudos on your perseverance. We toldja we wouldn't have to scrap our defenses for you, but you just wouldn't listen to us!

Good game, guys.

-Dem

[ This Message was edited by: Demorian on 2003-07-12 00:37 ]

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-06-14 20:53   
thats ice planet with the rings in barnards, forget its name
current inf record there is 150-180 or something like that, we were trying to go for 200 when it capped, sigh

id like to say, having a kluth fleet call *were going to rid this system of human filth!* just before their station discos, flies into a gas giant, and then one of their ships friendly fires the other, and were left with half a kluth fleet desperately trying to run away after pretty much wiping themselves out, is MUCH funnier =P

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-06-14 21:10   
I'm not here to compare. You had to be there

-Dem

Malduc{-GTN-}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-06-14 21:12   
Why you gotta try to ruin a good story hehe?

Malduc

Honor Is All

Tiggy
Midshipman
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-06-14 23:43   
That was some impressive work there, thanks for the good story!

Email Tiggy
Null {C?}
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2003-06-14 23:51   
I always seem to be at work when the good stuff happens...

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-06-15 01:48   
I'm thinking that except for PB and Evil, there isnt another K'luth fleet in sight. We were futzing around with a few bugs in BD I think, and we told em that their crappy system was uggies, and they said they didn't care. Go figure. Stay at em, fellas. The cracks are beginning to appear. Good job, by the way.

Puppies gotta die, too.

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-06-15 02:18   
all things at the proper time

know this Groombridge and lacaille are Kluth back systems and not nearly as important as the front lines at lalande bd and Bernard.

if any activity in those frontline systems they will always take first over activity in any back systems that are easy to defend or take back and the invading force always have a pain and almost impossible task to hold systems in back regions at max distance from supply lines.

But even if kluth commanders seams to don’t care, don’t get fouled by the indifference there is always someone keeping an eye on things so they don’t get out of hand and are ready to take action.

anyway Nice Report

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Deleted
Marshal

Posted: 2003-06-15 02:32   
I think i remember over 100 inf on a planet on the 3 way clan war

LittleBig
Fleet Admiral
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2003-06-15 12:06   
Nice story Dem

Id like to add that while kluths were busy in Groom we almost recapped Wolf (thx to DarkWard and conswirloo)

BTW:

Quote:

[...]
I swear, I didn't know planets were intended to hold that many units. Nor have I ever seen quite so many on a planet. Go figure.
[...]

take a look at this:

Email LittleBig
Griller_GT
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-06-15 12:30   
Quote:

On 2003-06-14 23:51, Null wrote:
I always seem to be at work when the good stuff happens...

Picture not being able to even play knowing good stuff is happening

Argh!! I need a job BAD

Boy am I gonna get in trouble...!

PS How is this still online??

Email Griller_GT
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-06-15 13:29   
anyone remember the fleet wars finale?

Agents, fellows, how much inf did we have on that last planet that decided over victory?

im pretty sure it was over 250. or is my mind fooling me.. anyways that was great..

we need fleet wars back!!
how hard can it be to put up a server that can carry the load of 20 players?!

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-06-15 13:43   
yeah, u should just reserve, say, captain server for fleet wars (heck nobody ever plays there anyway)

Page created in 0.036082 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR