No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » I Need Tech Support!!!
 Author I Need Tech Support!!!
Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-04-13 03:39   
Well I'm not experiencing a system self destruct or anything, but i'm seriously now worried.

Originally I have never had any problems running the game at all but lately, some of the DS programs have been acting up for me. When 1.481 beta was first introduced, I downloaded it and began testing it, with no problems except the expected programming bugs. It worked fine through several subsequent updates by the programmers (Faustus), until the last one where the Uniserver for the metaverse began being tested.

When I started my beta client and it started to download the update, all appeared normal, until the update finished downloading and i got an error message, stating the GCQL could not be started and was being closed. I attempted to start it again several times just to get the same message. I believe it also said something about being corrupted. I typically start my DS games through the Beta Client icon, but I still had my icon for the original DS, and that happened to still work fine, so I've just been using that and not playing the beta at all.

After a little chat with Gideon, he suggested I re-download the beta client and just reinstall it. He said he had at some point experienced a similar problem. I still had the download for both the beta and original DS on my harddrive as I save such things for such occasions. I tried to use it to reinstall the beta client, only got get an error message saying it could not be installed due to it being corrrupted and the installshield wizard would be closed. Ok, well I'll just erase it and download another one. Guess what? I downloaded the beta again, TWICE, and both times the NEW downloads said that they could not be run because they had been corrupted.

My final Idea was to use my original DS pack to repair the programs and MAYBe, just maybe afterwards i would download the beta yet again, and maybe this time it would work. My original DS pack has always worked to repair and reinstall DS.....until now. Now i'm getting the same darn corrupted file message. I fear it's just a matter of time before DS stops working completely, so how do I go about fixing or remedying (sp.) this issue?

Thanx in advance

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-04-13 05:11   
that sounds most unusual.

did you install anything meanwhile? like, new drivers, a cd burning software, a virus scanner, etc..?

Midnight *FA*
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

From: ICS. Idot (ICC Station) somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Posted: 2003-04-13 05:19   
well a good sujestion would be to not have a Virus scanner active in the background for any kind of download or well atleast for any kind of program update.. sometimes it mistakes valid program files for virus's or harmful files and stops them.. same thing while installing something .. its just not a good thing..

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-04-13 10:09   
try to uninstall again

then reboot

be sure to take an backup of your reg files (user.dat system.dat) before doing this.

easy way to back up: /start menu/ run / type "scanreg" first let it backup the files.

start regedit /start menu/ run / type "regdit"

Check if this keys are there and delete them if they are

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionApp PathsDarkSpace Beta.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwarePaleStarDarkSpace Beta

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwarePaleStarDarkSpaceBeta

now reboot

chect your temp directory fro any remains of the install pakkage usaly they resides in

c:windowstemp
or
C:temp

move any files from this diretoryes

check where the darkspace beta pakkage was installed

usaly in C:program filespalestardarkspace beta

delete any or all files/ dirs you find there

now try to install the beta client again

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-04-13 14:21   
Interesting. I did have this issue with my Norton AntiVirus not updating it's virus dictionary, so about a week ago I reinstalled the program and now IT works fine. I believe the beta had stopped working prior to the Norton repair, but I didn't try to reinstall it until afterwards.

I also in the same day shut down my Windows Messenger service which is embedded in windows due to recenting being hit with several advertisement pop ups via the service. I also added a pop-up blocker. Those are the only changes I've made to my system in some time.

Email Strategery
Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-04-14 19:00   
ok, I've noticed that when I try to use the repair function on the Darkspace Installation package, i get a prompt asking for me to enter Disc 1 or specify the location of a file called Data2.cab. I believe it is a temp file since it assumes it should be located in the following directory:

C:DOCUME~1RENOIR~1~WINLOCALS~1TemppftE7~tmp

It's possible that since it's a temp file I deleted it a while back, so Is this file possibly why I'm not able to use my istallation packs anymore?

Email Strategery
Deleted
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-08-22 12:13   
Every time i try to install the game it says

Error number:0x80070725
Description: Imcompatable version of the RPC stub.

Whats that mean and how do i fix it?

could you please e-mail a reply to longbottomjim@hotmail.com

-Ashiya-
Vice Admiral

From: The United Kingdom Of Great Britain And Northern Ireland.
Posted: 2003-11-21 07:34   
yea i had this before and a dirty fix was to install the game on another machine/partition and overwrite the installationfolder in progams/palestar with it. havn't found out why it happened but it fixed it. after upgraded from a mobo with VIAchipset to SISchipset it didn't happened again.

Email -Ashiya-   Goto the website of -Ashiya-
Page created in 0.020999 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR