No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Dev Chat 10-22-2002
 Author Dev Chat 10-22-2002
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2002-10-23 15:31   
* [Admin]Faustus broadcasts "DEVELOPER CHAT IS NOW STARTING... join the Developer Chat room in the main lobby"
19:00:28 [MUTED] [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "favorite? there are others?"
* [MUTED] [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL] has entered the room...
19:00:35 [MUTED] [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL]: "yay1"
* [MUTED] [KIGR]-DarkestVorlon has entered the room...
* EVENT: 'Developer Chat' event is starting now...
19:00:46 [-GTN-]Wolver: "that's kinda the joke silly boy"
19:00:48 [Admin]Faustus: "hi everyone, thanks for coming..."
19:01:01 [MUTED] [SA]Pavachek: "Your welcome."
* [MUTED] [BIS]thebold has entered the room...
* [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL] whispered "Question: are there any deep far in time ideas of going Mv only?"
19:01:33 [Admin]Faustus: "Ok, lets get this started by telling everyone what is going on with the development side of things..."
* [MUTED] ShadowBlade2004 has entered the room...
19:03:05 [Admin]Faustus: "I'm DEEPLY into the implementation of the UniverseServer.... which is going to become the core of the entire game soon, replacing the old autonomous server code with a single central server, which facilitates the sharing of objects, communications between zones, load-balancing, and more of the entire game. "
* [-GTN-]LittleBig has entered the room...
19:03:54 [MUTED] [-GTN-]Condor: "hi"
19:04:11 [Admin]Faustus: "as you may have guessed, this is a pretty HUGE change to the underlying game... hopefully, players will notice very few changes in gameplay, except that the universe will become seemless and more reliable in general.... "
19:04:40 [MUTED] [KIGR]DeadSpam: "when are they planning to fix the extant bugs?"
19:04:46 [Admin]Faustus: "more importantly, this code is going to allow for some of the more advanced features we want in the game (i.e. shipyards)..."
* [ C `]Dwarden has entered the room...
19:05:47 [Admin]Faustus: "This code will also fix once and for all the issues of moving between star systems in the metaverse... "
19:06:06 [Admin]Faustus: "since it will all become basically one universe.."
19:06:07 [MUTED] [-GDI-]ShadowWarrior: "hello"
19:07:02 [Admin]Faustus: "K... lets make this clear, this chat is not a "complain about BUGS" chat... thats what the bugs forum is for... and please do not whisper to me directly, just send any questions to one of the other admins or moderators in the room.. thanks"
19:07:20 [MUTED] [eXS]SuperGURU*: "good lost to amny ships in mv couse of lag"
* [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL] whispered "Question: are there any deep far in time ideas of going Mv only?"
19:07:45 [Admin]Tael: "Please hold all general comments until we open the floor, whisper requests/questions to the moderators in the room"
* Chromix whispered "* [=KSF=]sono [**] whispered what are the top priorities regarding new game features apart from backend stuff?"
19:07:50 [Admin]Faustus: "anyway... moving on... "
19:08:09 [Admin]Faustus: "as many have seen the "Development Log", there are going to be alot of changes coming in 1.481... "
19:08:28 [Admin]Faustus: "I guess I'll open up for questions concerning any of those features coming in 1.481..."
* [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL] whispered "will we ever get supply platforms we can fly ourselfs?"
* [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL] whispered "thats would be cool"
19:09:39 [Admin]Tael: "* [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL] whispered "will we ever get supply platforms we can fly ourselfs?""
* [-[A]-]|2eason whispered "* Dagger IronHawk whispered When you say One Universe does this mean no more jump gates? and if so does this allow for the expansion of the universe?"
19:09:34 [MUTED] [-GDI-]ShadowWarrior: "lol"
19:10:05 [MUTED] [-GDI-]ShadowWarrior: "thats the main job of the "support" station"
* [-GTN-]Lith Ragond whispered "is there still going to be a set number of fighter/mines/platforms in a system? or with the uniserer have you resolved the issue?"
19:10:06 [MUTED] [SA]Pavachek: "Will the implementation of support platforms lead to a change/upgrade in the support station?"
19:10:08 [Admin]Faustus: "@barth.. platforms will be stationary objects.. they won't have drives, you'll have to tow them with tractor beams to move them.."
* [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL] whispered "yeah but i mean a better supply, the stations are to slow to be a supply platform and the heavy supplys only got 2 reloads"
* [eXS]SuperGURU* whispered "the defense plattforms fire with it misseles?"
19:11:04 [Admin]Faustus: "[SA]Pavachek: "Will the implementation of support platforms lead to a change/upgrade in the support station?""
19:11:28 [Admin]Tael: "Dagger IronHawk whispered When you say One Universe does this mean no more jump gates? and if so does this allow for the expansion of the universe?""
* [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL] whispered "and being a supply is one of the thingsi like in DS, well pretty much the only thing"
19:11:46 [Admin]Faustus: "@pavacheck... the support station will most likely get revised in the next update... not sure what do to about it just yet though"
* [-GTN-]Zurai [SHIELD] whispered "what kind of weapons will the defense platforms have? are they going to be primarly point defense or take more of an active role in defending?"
* [-GDI-]miffo whispered "if we have to tow this platforms will we be able to to them in to jump ? alas with some special towing ship?"
19:12:41 [Admin]Tael: "Back to the supply issue, they want clarification, will they supply slower or faster than current supply ships and stations, will stations get an upgrade, many players like playing supply... And can they be destroyed by weapons fire"
19:12:38 [MUTED] [-GDI-]ShadowWarrior: "leave 2 p torps add 2 p cannons and leave 4 CL2ks and put on 5 reload bays"
19:12:41 [Admin]Faustus: "@dagger... there will still be jumpgates, we are thinking about player built jumpgates as well.... we are looking into the ideal of star systems not being visible until they are found and explored.. and a big expansion of the metaverse for 1.481... since we have more hardware now"
* [-[A]-]|2eason whispered "* Dagger IronHawk whispered also, In the short term is there any plans to impliment player made maps to FA? Alot of us have made some realy cool maps. IF things go as they are now,they will never get played."
19:13:02 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "- Ground units can now be stacked. - does that mean we can box 32 elites in one square?"
* [-GDI-]ShadowWarrior whispered "the station thing leave 2 p torps add 2 p cannons and leave 4 CL2ks and put on 5 reload bays"
19:13:12 [-GTN-]LittleBig: "[{BSS}]-=Gogeta=- whispered "will there be new ranks?""
19:14:30 [Admin]Faustus: "@sono... ground units will be able to pass through ALL structures in the update, so no blocking attackers out with some well placed mines/structures... as for the stack limit, we will allow up to whatever the interface will allow... 32 units in one square might be hard to select 1 unit to move to another location... the limit of the stack size might be around 8"
* [-[A]-]|2eason whispered "* [-GDI-]ShadowWarrior whispered will there be any new ships ? The game seems to go to bouring from the point you reach admiral or so."
19:14:42 [Admin]Faustus: "[-GTN-]Condor whispered "when is the game going to be on sale in the u.k""
19:14:55 [Admin]Faustus: "@condor... when we find a european publisher... know anyone? "
19:15:04 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "[-[A]-]Excaliber whispered ok my question is how will ordering the inf on a planet work will it be based on rank or your inf only ?""
19:15:14 [ C `]Dwarden: "what about Codemasters? "
19:15:25 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "bluebyte! /me runs"
* [Admin]TheEvilGriffin hunts down sono
19:16:16 [Admin]Tael: "@-=Gogeta=-: We are working on ways to diversify and energize game play for upper level/ranked players"
19:15:56 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "erhm... shoe box"
* [MODTALK] [ C `]Dwarden @86 Sent "[ C `]Tegan @4328 sent to Clan: dwarden ask if we going to get new hull types"
19:16:02 [Admin]Faustus: "@excaliber... taelron is working up a structure for controlling planets in general (i.e. governers, rights, etc)... if you have rights to order a ground unit will be based on his system"
19:16:17 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "J.C. Szun {RIP-KC} whispered q: with the fighter changes coming in 1.481, are there new ICC adn Kluth carrierdreads planed?""
19:16:19 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "http://www.shoebox.interactive.de"
19:16:26 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "er, sorry"
19:16:29 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "http://www.shoebox-interactive.de"
19:17:04 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "oh damn, they got bought."
19:17:08 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "nevermind."
19:17:36 [Admin]Faustus: "@szun... nother planned ATM... that might change.."
19:17:45 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "[VIP]VietMinh whispered could you talk a little more about the starport/trade function and future plans for trade/economic game features""
* [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL] whispered "if the ICC and Kkuth get our carrier dread, does that mean we get to pick one of their ships?"
19:18:58 [Admin]Faustus: "@viet... taelron is working alot on this... the direction it is heading is more trade goods... more supply/demand pricing structures and intergrating it all into the mission system... so AI transports might be going away, and economics would be driven by the players entirely.."
19:19:23 [-GTN-]LittleBig: "[KIGR]-DarkestVorlon whispered "my qustion is will there be new ships and new ship classes implemented and weapons?""
19:20:03 [Admin]Tael: "I have allotted for advance planetary and economic control set by fleet admins and planetary governors who are appointed by their fleet admins"
* Chromix whispered "* [SA]Pavachek whispered Will this lead to non-troop related transport missions? (having more trade options)"
19:20:45 [Admin]Faustus: "with the shipyards... we are thinking ATM, that in order for a shipyard to make a ship, not only do the resources for the hull need to be available.. but all the components must be built by factories and on the planet, so parts would need to be imported to the planet as well... we ofcourse, would keep an home shipyard with inf supplies, so you can always spawn in the MV with any ship you have rank for... but to start at a forward position would mean the shipyard must have the ship already"
19:21:50 [Admin]Tael: "But to keep game play fluid, home system shipyards can make your ship, the limits are for forward system ship yards"
19:21:31 [Admin]Faustus: "but that's just a thought ATM... we're still considering the implications of that design.. "
19:21:41 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "[SA]pakhos whispered "a day everybody will be fleet admiral.What are you planing about that and are you gonna include some new rank and ships or badge?""
19:21:44 [Admin]Faustus: "and looking for pitfalls ofcourse.."
19:22:29 [Admin]Faustus: "@pakhos... we're on that... we're adding more gameplay for higher rankign players... and adding more ranks/badges is not out of the question.."
19:22:40 [-GTN-]LittleBig: "[{BSS}]-=Gogeta=- whispered "will there be a new faction anytime soon?""
19:22:43 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "[{BSS}]-=Gogeta=- whispered "Is there a new faction in the planning anytime soon?""
19:22:50 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "lol"
19:23:06 [Admin]Faustus: "jeeze... someone asks that question every dev chat.."
19:23:14 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "lol"
19:23:28 [Admin]Faustus: "@gogeta.. send me a check for $15,000 and I'll put in a new faction in about 1 month.. "
19:23:38 [Admin]Samweis: "hehe"
19:23:41 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: " [VIP]Jedi-Knight whispered "Q: Have you considered implementing a communications system into the ships? It seems that you can talk to teammates no matter how badly damaged you are.""
* [MUTED] [-GTN-]Lith Ragond gets his check book out
19:24:25 [Admin]Tael: "Check? oh hell i thought you wanted cash, heck i can give you a check..."
19:24:12 [ C `]Dwarden: "give me 5k and u get it in 28 days "
19:24:35 [MUTED] [HWL]undertaker: "lol"
19:24:35 [Admin]Faustus: "@jedi... funny you should ask... me and taelron were talking about a "Jammer" device, which operates akind to ECM.. but blocks the ships from sending messages or planets sending distress signals.."
19:24:48 [MUTED] [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL]: "OMG"
19:25:01 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "[{BSS}]10of18 whispered "will there ever be a class of ship between dread and cruiser?""
19:25:05 [Admin]Faustus: "basically, your chat button would get disabled if you were in a jammer field.."
19:25:12 [TK]Admiral Jimmy: "Sorry I'm late guys...just woke up like 15 minutes ago..."
* [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL] whispered "Q: Why would you wanna kill the chat function in game? People will only start to hate other for blocking their normal chat?"
19:26:00 [Admin]Tael: "WE have also discussed adding a couple of markers on the side of the screen to indicated when you are in a jammer or interdictor field"
19:25:42 [-GTN-]Wolver: "Can you elaborate on the "improved communications" that will be available with the new universe server? Will we be getting a new type of communications similar to Clan Chat that informs other players of the same faction to know where you are in the MV automatically?"
19:26:39 [Admin]Tael: "[-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL] whispered "Q: Why would you wanna kill the chat function in game? People will only start to hate other for blocking their normal chat?""
19:26:38 [Admin]Faustus: "@wolver... communications in the IMPROVED metaverse will be much better.. there will be a "news" stream for you to view... as well as faction chat"
19:27:14 [Admin]Tael: "Well Barth its a common military tactic to jam the enemy communications, but it also blocks your own. So you have to preplan your attacks then you can stop them from calling for help"
19:27:18 [-GTN-]LittleBig: "[=KSF=]sono [**] whispered "a little thought on forward shipyards - it takes maybe 2 minutes in a destroyer to go half across the MV.. would it really make much sense currently if you got infinite supply in your homesys?""
* [-GTN-]Zurai [SHIELD] whispered "seems this got lost in the shuffle... What kind of weapons will the defense platforms have? Are they going to be primarily point defense or take a more active role?"
* [VIP]Jedi-Knight whispered "@Faust So then would communications become a ship function instead of really just something that sits alongside Darkspace as you play it?"
19:28:17 [Admin]Tael: "MV will be expanding..."
19:28:05 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "thats good to hear"
19:28:06 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "[-GTN-]Lith Ragond whispered "how will the faction chat work?""
* [MODTALK] [-GTN-]LittleBig @32175 Sent "lol"
19:28:09 [MUTED] [HWL]undertaker: "cool"
19:28:13 [-GTN-]Wolver: "Will we be able to toggle the "news stream"? I know many people think the current news system is just spam "
19:28:17 [Admin]Faustus: "@sono... well, the home gate might have some limitations...perhaps.."
* [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL] whispered "it also stops a normal chat, I chat a lot when im playing and will Hate the person why prevents me from doing that, it seems like an option that wont help the fun in the game in anyway."
19:29:06 [Admin]Tael: "We have discussed that, we dont know how much to limit, maybe upto destroyer np, or just scouts.."
19:28:44 [Admin]Faustus: "@wolver.. the "news stream" would be something you can go view, it would not arrive in your normal chat window.."
19:29:22 [Admin]Faustus: "[ C `]Dwarden @86 Sent "I got question but i want hear answer, with player build gates, will be there still usage of some relict or faction build gates (stable ones)""
19:29:44 [Admin]Faustus: "@dwarden.. player built gates are NOT even for sure yet... lots of things to consider.."
* Dagger IronHawk whispered "In the short term, is there any plans to impliment player made maps to the FA rotation. alot of players have made really cool maps that will never get played. We(the players) want some new Maps!"
19:30:27 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "[{BSS}]-=Gogeta=- whispered "have u ever thought of making a jump interdictor ray, that would impair ur jumping untill u repair ur drive?""
19:31:19 [Admin]Faustus: "@gogeta... no haven't thought of that.. but I'am thinking about a weapon that damages drives only.. so you can cripple a ship for capture.. "
19:31:45 [Admin]Tael: "* Dagger IronHawk whispered "In the short term, is there any plans to impliment player made maps to the FA rotation. alot of players have made really cool maps that will never get played. We(the players) want some new Maps!""
* [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL] whispered "Q: will Ds ever go Mv only somehwere very deep in the future?"
19:32:02 [Admin]Faustus: "@dagger... we very well may make it so players can submit maps and have them appear in the REAL MV once they are approved.."
19:32:14 [MUTED] [-GDI-]Spatch: "i just got here- when the MV resets will the accts and hangars be reset too?"
19:32:34 [Admin]Faustus: " [-GDI-]Spatch: "i just got here- when the MV resets will the accts and hangars be reset too?""
19:32:53 [Admin]Faustus: "@spatch... no, storage will NOT be reset... just the planets in the MV will be reset"
19:33:05 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "a drive crippling weapon would be sort of the ultimate killer.."
19:33:16 [MUTED] [-GDI-]Spatch: "okay- freaked me out for a second still... goodbye stocks at luna and venus"
* [eXS]SuperGURU* whispered "but Iam thinking about a weapon that damages drives only i think EMP is that weapon or not?"
19:33:22 [-GTN-]Neon Samurai: "[-GTN-]Zurai [SHIELD] whispered "what kind of weapons will the defense platforms have? will they take a primarily point-defense role, or will they be more of an active defense with missiles/fighters/torpedoes?""
* [eXS]SuperGURU* whispered "--but Iam thinking about a weapon that damages drives only-- i think EMP is that weapon or not?"
19:34:12 [Admin]Tael: "* [eXS]SuperGURU* whispered "but Iam thinking about a weapon that damages drives only i think EMP is that weapon or not?""
19:33:54 [Admin]Faustus: "@zurari... I envision several types of defense platforms, all of the above... different costs however"
* [eXS]SuperGURU* whispered "sorry"
19:34:13 [Admin]Faustus: "shouldn't be a problem to add them all.."
19:34:13 [TK]Admiral Jimmy: "Quill wants to know WHEN the new version is coming out"
19:34:32 [Admin]Faustus: "@quill.. when it's good and ready and TESTED!"
19:34:35 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "lol"
19:35:00 [Admin]Tael: "AS part of the new economy all structures and military assets, fighters, inf, tanks, will all have an upkeep cost"
19:34:46 [TK]Admiral Jimmy: "Heh"
* Chromix whispered "* [VIP]VietMinh whispered Currently, there is a lot of confusion about who takes ownership of an invaded planet - sort of last man standing. Will this be made more fair in the new release?"
* [=KSF=]sono [**] whispered "did you just say TANKS?"
19:35:01 [MUTED] [ C `]Tegan: "?"
19:35:34 [Admin]Tael: "if you can not support a structure or unit at a planet, you will need to import resources and trade items from else where"
19:35:14 [MUTED] [-GDI-]Spatch: "economy? *envisions Fidel Castro at the UGTO command room*"
* [{BSS}]-=Gogeta=- whispered "the problem with emp is that its not very effective against kluth, a drive damgeing ray would be great."
19:35:18 [Admin]Faustus: "guys... this version I'AM not going to rush out... the current version of the game is fairly stable and fun to play... I want the next version to be a major improvment, not a buggy release.."
* [{BSS}]UFO64 whispered "Are there any plans to upgrade the mapping program?"
19:35:40 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: " [-[A]-]Excaliber whispered "I just had a thought if the MV is ganna get bigger and you wont see the new systems till there explored how about making an Explorer class ship ? say slow lightly armed with a build and supply bay and space for 15 inf =)""
19:35:53 [Admin]Faustus: "however, I'm guessing this version will get release in Mid-November.."
19:36:01 [Admin]Faustus: "but don't hold me to that.."
* [S.W]Quill whispered "with culling accounts...is there anyway to keep your stats if your not going to play? because i mean i might have to get rid of DS for a little while and if i do itll be a turnoff to have to reach all the way to this rank again.."
19:36:27 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "eek dont name a date"
19:36:33 [Admin]Faustus: "@teagan.. they will take damage around frigate level most likely... "
19:37:05 [Admin]Tael: "* [S.W]Quill whispered "with culling accounts...is there anyway to keep your stats if your not going to play? because i mean i might have to get rid of DS for a little while and if i do itll be a turnoff to have to reach all the way to this rank again..""
19:36:42 [MUTED] [-GDI-]Spatch: "expanding on excaliburs idea, what about a cruier/dessie that has NO weapons, but tons of special slots? like a utility unit?"
19:36:56 [TK]Admiral Jimmy: "Ouch...i.e. paper-thin....."
19:37:23 [Admin]Faustus: "no alpha testers... alpha means I'm running it locally only, and there are lots of bugs I DON"T need reported to me.. which is why I stopped letting others alpha test, because they were sending me bug reports for the alpha version "
19:37:45 [Admin]Tael: "There is so banter on changing how ships are configured, but thats near the bottom of the todo/think list"
19:37:55 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "lol.."
19:38:36 [MUTED] [-GDI-]Spatch: "do you guys have teams dedicated to each area, like new ships/structures/UMV/etc?"
19:38:47 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Rawr. Just got home guys"
* Dagger IronHawk whispered "To clairify, I meant adding player maps to The Fleet admrial Senerio server. If not can you tell us why?"
19:39:37 [Admin]Tael: "Dagger IronHawk whispered "To clairify, I meant adding player maps to The Fleet admrial Senerio server. If not can you tell us why?""
19:39:50 [Admin]Faustus: "@quill... thats a touchy issue... I did consider only culling in-active accounts... but we need to start making some money at this, so with 58,136 users, if we threaten to delete their account unless they subscribe we might actually turn alot of demos into paying customers... it was a hard decision"
19:39:55 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "[-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL] whispered "will Ds ever do mv only?""
19:40:11 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Yes, Barth. Heh "
19:40:19 [Admin]Faustus: "@Lith Ragond ... beta testing will determine that.."
19:40:22 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Eventually."
19:40:34 [MUTED] [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "WOOT! thx faus"
19:41:05 [Admin]Tael: "MV only is something we are seriously looking at to minimize code base"
19:40:42 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "i know from first hand experience that it might be a good decision"
* [=KSF=]sono [**] whispered "so DID you mention TANKS?"
19:41:40 [Admin]Tael: "* [=KSF=]sono [**] whispered "so DID you mention TANKS?""
19:41:19 [-GTN-]Demorian: "MMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO <19:41:45 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Yea, tanks are going in in the future as well."
19:42:11 [Admin]Tael: "There are plans on the board to add additional military units... Weither they will hit game or not is not decided, but we are looking into them"
19:41:53 [Admin]Faustus: "I'm running into a design issue currently with the UniverseServer... if I can't make scenerio's work under the new code, they might need to go away... but I would say it's only a 25% chance that will happen"
19:42:08 [MUTED] [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL]: "only 25 "
19:42:15 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "lol"
19:42:25 [Admin]Faustus: "yes, tanks are in the design.. as well as additional types of ground units... "
19:42:29 [MUTED] [HWL]undertaker: "well i like MV better =)"
19:42:37 [TK]Admiral Jimmy: "So, four-to-one odds...anybody taking bets?"
19:42:48 [MUTED] [HWL]undertaker: "tanks cool"
* Dagger IronHawk whispered "So does that mean in the short term we can have some player made maps on the Fleet Admrial senerio servers?"
19:43:00 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "im trusting F to find a way around it."
19:43:04 [Admin]Faustus: "I think we need mechs as well "
19:43:19 [MoA]Patlukowsky{Q}: "yeah"
19:43:21 [MoA]Patlukowsky{Q}: ":)"
19:43:23 [Admin]Faustus: "@sono.. you can't beat the "newbie" server for getting players introduced into the game.. "
19:43:24 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "[{BSS}]-=Gogeta=- whispered "FA makes it easy to get pres, are u planning on changing that?""
19:43:25 [Admin]TheBumble: "hokka all"
19:43:26 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "yay.. first person mechs.."
19:43:37 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: ";)"
19:43:43 [-GTN-]Demorian: "@Faustus...: dude, make a mech/suit-like fighter that can be launched from carriers and maybe piloted when fighter piloting comes around. I will love you forever"
19:43:48 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Really. I will."
19:44:09 [Admin]Tael: "We have been examing the military units from several different design angles."
19:43:55 [TK]Admiral Jimmy: "lol"
19:44:29 [Admin]Faustus: "bathroom break... taelron run things for a bit for me.. "
19:44:57 [Admin]Tael: "rgr"
* [S.W]Quill whispered "if the meta verse is about to be expanded is there anything happening to speed up the process of getting through it? from what i understood about speeding up jump drives that was to shorten the waiting time for people..."
19:44:45 [-GTN-]Demorian: "yea Tael, tell me the suits are going in instead of Faustus. that way we force him "
19:45:08 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "[-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL] whispered "Wont a good tutorial remove the need for a newbie server so that going Mv only would be easyer""
19:45:43 [Admin]Tael: "I cant considering thats wasnt in my original design prospect... "
19:45:45 [Admin]Tael: "* [S.W]Quill whispered "if the meta verse is about to be expanded is there anything happening to speed up the process of getting through it? from what i understood about speeding up jump drives that was to shorten the waiting time for people...""
19:45:35 [-GTN-]Demorian: "sure you can."
* Dagger IronHawk whispered "Tell me u will start player made maps for senerio! PLEASE"
19:46:07 [MoA]Patlukowsky: "@quill think of the shipyards too"
19:46:33 [Admin]Tael: "No, we need to keep the game play static, its no fair/fun when you can jump from one side to the other in 5 seconds.. there is no tactics to forward systems then"
19:46:22 [ C `]Dwarden: "well if we have 1000 star systems"
19:46:29 [ C `]Dwarden: "I SURE NOT WANT TRAVEL OVER ALL in 10 minutes"
19:46:30 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "[{BSS}]UFO64 whispered "Are there any plans to upgrade the mapping program?""
19:47:03 [Admin]Tael: "As for player made maps, we hope to see some on a seperate server in contests, and those that win might go into the new MV expansion"
19:46:55 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "dwarden, there would be interconnecting gates as well i bet.."
19:46:58 [~L~]Armand: "@tale its no fun waiting 5 min for you station to jump"
19:47:02 [-GTN-]Demorian: "@Tael... are there any plans to massively upsize all planets/stars to make ships more realistically sized?"
* [S.W]Quill whispered "i see from patlukowsky...and i didnt mean taking no time to get across it, i was just worried about it being the way it was where it would take like 10 minutes to get to the combat and 20-30 to get to the other side"
19:47:15 [ C `]Dwarden: "Armand well thats price for flying Station"
* Dagger IronHawk whispered "Thank you that made my day!!:)"
19:47:48 [Admin]Tael: "Yes, the planets are going to be rescaled so a dread is not bigger than earth"
19:47:38 [MUTED] [-GTN-]Reven: "hehe"
19:47:40 [-GTN-]Demorian: "so how big will they be in comparison?"
19:47:44 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "lol"
19:47:52 [-GTN-]Demorian: "like, realistic? to where stations are still small in comparison"
19:47:52 [Admin]TheBumble: "hehe2"
* [MODTALK] [-[A]-]|2eason @14362 Sent "Alright, Guys, you need to whisper your stuff to the Admins....This is Dev Chat..."
19:48:23 [Admin]Tael: "As for the mapping program, I have wanted it updated for a while, but its less important than getting other issues upto date"
19:48:17 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "if we were talking realistic, youd fly 2 minutes eart-luna with current drives"
19:48:49 [Admin]Tael: "I dont know the exact scale of ships vs. planets to be yet"
* [MODTALK] [-GTN-]Demorian @15231 Sent "yes sir."
19:48:32 [MUTED] [-GDI-]Dragonball: "how big?"
19:48:38 [Admin]Faustus: "I'm back.."
19:48:50 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Sorry to be asking questions publicly...I'll whisper from now on like everyone else."
* [MODTALK] [-GTN-]LittleBig @32175 Sent "I dont like chaos"
19:49:18 [Admin]Tael: "F, the question i cant answer, update to the map editor"
* [MODTALK] [-[A]-]|2eason @14362 Sent "Otherwise we will start seeing players just talk out loud...."
19:49:07 Chromix: "* [VIP]VietMinh whispered "while i understand the position i think the loss of the scenerio servers would be a grave marketing mistake""
19:49:10 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "[-GDI-]Spatch whispered "will there be a more apparent hierarchy, like Fleet leaders having more powers and a faction leader? or system governors?""
19:49:14 [Admin]Faustus: "anyway, I've allocated 12 more minutes... then I need to get some stuff done.. "
19:49:20 [Admin]Faustus: "concerning the map editor.."
* Sent [MODTALK]: "i can answer spatch"
19:49:39 [-GTN-]Demorian: "@Spatch... yes."
19:49:46 [-GTN-]Demorian: "@Spatch... coming soon..."
19:50:06 [MUTED] [-GDI-]Spatch: "anything you guys have in mind? sry for not whispering"
19:50:18 [Admin]Faustus: "basically, I want to keep it...I will try to keep it so players can contuinue to run their own maps, it adds alot to the game IMHO"
* [-[A]-]|2eason whispered "* [-[A]-]WhiteWolf{1st} whispered Im sure this has been discussed a bunch of times, but is there any word on when alpha will go beta?"
19:51:00 [Admin]Tael: "@Spatch, in the new political system and planetary management screen we are allotting for more administrative control role for fleet admins... I am also looking at allowing fleet commanders to assign wing leaders and subordinates"
19:50:38 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "its needed. maps tend to get boring, even thebest"
19:50:52 [Admin]Faustus: "I want to keep scenerio and combat servers as well... so I will strive to make it all work together.. I just want to put everyone on notice that there are some issues."
19:50:55 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "[{BSS}]-=Gogeta=- whispered "FA gives too much pres in a giving time, are there any plans to scale back pres in FA?""
19:51:06 [Admin]TheBumble: "[-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL] whispered "will def bases get a massive upgrade in fire pwoer any time soon?"
19:51:10 [Admin]Faustus: "@gogeta... thats not true IMHO.. "
19:51:44 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Q: could it be possible to make the jump to target system more intelligent? so you can A: Intelligently follow another ship in a formation without having to drop out because the nav comp is so stupid it cant tell a planet is in the way and B: Chase after a target if it actualy jumped to a set location, E-Jumps would be safe because they dont have a set target location and would catch the targetting comps off gaurd.""
* [=KSF=]sono [**] whispered "lol... im being asked to forward this: * [=KSF=]Baali [FL] @41791 sent to Clan: rgr sono hey mention something about kamikazi fightets and how cool they would be for me?"
19:51:55 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Thats from Darkest Vorlon...sorry"
19:51:59 [Admin]Faustus: "@gogeta.. you would see the sam prestige gain in the MV when players are concenrate in 1 star system.. which is something we are working to make happen."
19:52:04 [-GTN-]Demorian: "* [KIGR]-DarkestVorlon whispered ...blah."
19:52:13 [Admin]Faustus: "@demorian.. formation are on the TODO list, they will be added.."
19:52:24 [-GTN-]Demorian: "you mean @vorlon...hehe "
19:52:46 [Admin]Tael: "Ok, here is one that F and I just talked about... Kamikazi Fighters...."
19:53:12 [Admin]Tael: "Well we didnt discuss Kamikazi per say, but we did discuse allowing them to collide with other objects...."
19:52:52 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "thats a serious issue? lol"
19:53:13 [-GTN-]Demorian: "They were like that for a little while..."
19:54:02 [Admin]Tael: "So if you timed it right and were REALLY good or lucky, you might hit a fighter with a torp"
19:53:57 [-GTN-]Demorian: "can you say KABOOM"
19:54:06 [TK]Admiral Jimmy: "Or....say...Psi Cannons?"
19:54:11 [-GTN-]Demorian: "the torp is roughly the size of a fighter...*gulp*"
19:54:18 [Admin]Faustus: "in fact its going to be required to let fighters dog-fight with each other.."
19:54:27 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "mhm i see"
19:54:32 [Admin]TheBumble: "let me repeat it"
19:54:34 [Admin]TheBumble: "[-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL] whispered "will def bases get a massive upgrade in fire pwoer any time soon?"
19:55:39 [Admin]Faustus: "quite.."
19:55:47 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "[~Z~]CharAznable whispered "will fighters be able to engage multible targets?""
19:55:57 [Admin]Faustus: "@char.. yes"
19:56:01 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "[-GDI-]Spatch whispered "i also heard a rumor on yahoo that there will be an OPDP (Orbital Planetary Defense Platform) that would fire off a jump-drived missile with the planet-killing properties of a Crystal Entities... just a rumor right?""
19:56:37 [Admin]Tael: "Fighters will engage the next available target if they loose their current target"
19:56:18 [MUTED] [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL]: "my Q answer it~"
19:56:21 [MUTED] [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL]: "please!"
19:56:23 [-GTN-]Demorian: "@char... check out dev log...as for everyon else...awesome info on fighters."
19:56:23 [TK]Admiral Jimmy: "lol...probably"
19:56:27 [Admin]Faustus: "@spatch.. I think so... we had some talk about a missile with jump drives.. but it was just talking"
19:56:40 [TK]Admiral Jimmy: "O.O"
19:56:46 [MUTED] [-GDI-]Dragonball: "smart missile"
19:56:48 [-GTN-]Demorian: "O.O"
19:56:58 [-GTN-]Demorian: "now THATS a cruise missile"
19:57:03 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "[{BSS}]10of18 whispered "Q: Anytime down the road will there be any way which we can actually control the fighters, like we actually be the pilots and actually fire there weopans?""
19:57:07 [TK]Admiral Jimmy: "So they give missiles jumpdrives but not fighters? *grumbles*"
* [S.W]Quill whispered "wil fighters be able to fly with other ships fighters or will ships get more fighters...as it is now the kluth and ICC dont have too many fighters per ship."
19:57:20 [-GTN-]Demorian: "[KIGR]-DarkestVorlon whispered "Q: Would it be possible to make a dedicated Point DEfence system, similiar to the AMD in StarFleet Command one and two, basicaly a flak cannon, extreme short range and only fires at incoming missiles? The current PD system makes using PD in a fleet formation near impossible with getting massive FF increase, my FF alone doubled due to people running directly into my LoF after firing, or running directly into my PDs fire line.""
19:58:02 [Admin]Tael: "Once this game is up and running how we want it, eventually we might work on a Fighter addon client where you could fly the fighters"
19:57:40 [Admin]Faustus: "@10of18 ... thats been discussed, and it's possible that will happen as a seperate lobby..."
19:57:56 [MUTED] [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL]: "ill ask it in open now cus F missed it twice:( = will def bases get a massive upgrade in fire pwoer any time soon?"
19:58:21 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "well, then either fighters need to go to the eclipse or ships fully 3d, or they will be invulnerable"
19:58:24 [Admin]Faustus: "we have been discussing where to go once we feel the core game is up to par... I think my primary interest is in a ground combat expansion... (including inside of ships)..."
19:59:13 [Admin]Tael: "* [S.W]Quill whispered "wil fighters be able to fly with other ships fighters or will ships get more fighters...as it is now the kluth and ICC dont have too many fighters per ship.""
19:59:46 [Admin]Tael: "Quill - I balanced the fighters and load out, the UTGO has the upper hand in assault fighters, the Kluth in interceptors, and the ICC in bombers"
19:59:37 [Admin]Faustus: "I've been thinking about putting together a seperate team to work on that project... that might be a good ideal to put together teams to work on the ground combat side and the fighter combat side.. all running seperate alpha/betas in a different lobby"
* [eXS]SuperGURU* whispered "ugto wil get a big advantage with the carrier dread"
* [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL] whispered "Why cant Faustus see my Question, Bumble asked it twice : will def bases get a massive upgrade in fire pwoer any time soon?"
20:00:14 [Admin]Faustus: "[-GTN-]Demorian @15231 Sent "fighter combat would be in full 3d yes?""
20:00:36 [Admin]Tael: "Then using math based on hull value of the fighters each will carry a different ammount. IE ICC can carry more assualt fighters than UTGO but raw numbers still equal"
20:00:22 [Admin]Faustus: "ofcourse... so would ground combat.."
20:00:49 [-GTN-]Demorian: "excellent...3d planes, baby. i love 2d for ships, tactical side.....fighters must dogfight tho hehehe"
* [-GTN-]Demorian can now do barrel rolls. worship me.
20:01:04 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "heh"
20:01:09 [Admin]Faustus: "anyway, to do all that the core game needs to be making palestar some money... "
20:01:11 [Admin]Faustus: ";)"
20:01:17 [MUTED] [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL]: "lol"
20:01:19 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "yea.."
20:01:28 [TK]Admiral Jimmy: "And when he says palestar, he means "Me""
* [Admin]Samweis slaps [TK]Admiral Jimmy in the head...
20:01:55 [-GTN-]Demorian: "[20:01:36 23/10/02] * [~Z~]SuperNova10{HAIL ZEON} whispered "ask how much money darkspace is makeing ""
* [MUTED] [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL] slaps [TK]Admiral Jimmy in the face with a Squirll...
20:01:57 [Admin]Faustus: ";)"
20:02:06 [Admin]Faustus: "@super.. not enough"
20:02:07 [Admin]Faustus: ";)"
* [TK]Admiral Jimmy dodges the various blows to the heads and small rodents
20:02:21 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Box release, baby. Box release."
20:02:23 [Admin]Faustus: "that should change after retail release here in the US.."
* [MUTED] [-GDI-]Barthezzz [NL] goes like And Weeeeeeee
20:02:51 [Admin]TheBumble: "we all hope - faustus"
20:02:57 [Admin]Faustus: "hehehe"
20:03:10 [Admin]Faustus: "@dark... doubtful"
20:03:24 [Admin]Faustus: "perhaps yes for the fighters ... "
20:03:24 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "[-GTN-]LittleBig whispered " enemy boarded units... will be a mid version to fix it before 1481 ?""
20:03:29 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "im pretty sure this question is redundant but whats coming first, box or 1.481 (AKA 1.5?!)"
20:03:40 [Admin]Faustus: "box..."
20:04:00 [-GTN-]Demorian: "so 1.481 is post-release then?"
20:04:26 [Admin]Faustus: "k... time to wrap this up, I want to get back to my UniverseClient C++ class.. "
20:04:38 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "sounds fun "
20:04:39 [-GTN-]Demorian: "oh joy. have fun, great one."
20:04:46 [MUTED] [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "wootness"
20:04:48 [-GTN-]Demorian: "[20:04:28 23/10/02] * [~Z~]SuperNova10{HAIL ZEON} whispered "when does 1.481 got beta?""
20:04:54 [Admin]TheBumble: "have a nice work - F"
20:04:55 [-GTN-]Demorian: "can you answer that? i think thats on everyones minds."
* [Admin]TheEvilGriffin begins applauding [Admin]Faustus...
* [HWL]undertaker whispered "is it possible to put more elf beams on kluth ships ?"
* [MUTED] [-GTN-]Lith Ragond throws out 3 cheers for Faustus
* [Admin]TheBumble applaud himself
* [GER]Kharn begins applauding [Admin]Faustus...
20:05:59 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "one last question"
20:06:27 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "when you started the work on this project, apart from the difficulties that turned up, did you ever envision it where it will be with 1.481?"
20:06:58 [MUTED] [~Z~]SuperNova10{HAIL ZEON}: "hello?"
20:06:59 [MUTED] [eXS]SuperGURU*: "when will it go beta?"
* [MUTED] [~Z~]SuperNova10{HAIL ZEON} thinks every one is dead
20:07:24 [-GTN-]Demorian: "1.481 will go to beta when its good and finished and tested."
20:07:27 [-GTN-]Demorian: "Which means we don't know yet."
20:07:38 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "Ok folks thanks for comeing"
* [HWL]undertaker whispered "sence theres only a few on selected ships ?"
* [GER]Kharn gives Faustus standing ovation for the work so far!
20:07:45 [MUTED] [-GTN-]Lith Ragond: "bkaw!"
20:07:46 [MUTED] [=KSF=]sono [**]: "damn i was late"
20:07:46 [MUTED] [DF]Orion_Prime {Q}: "dang, i missed the whole thin"
20:07:48 [MODERATOR] [-GTN-]Demorian: "Okiedoke Faustus has left the building...away with you! "
* [TK]Admiral Jimmy sighs
20:07:50 [MUTED] [DF]Orion_Prime {Q}: "gi knew i would"
20:08:00 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "sorry we didnt get to all the questions but F is a busy man"
* [MUTED] [-GDI-]Spatch runs
* Room is no longer moderated...
* [-GTN-]Demorian set the room to unmoderated...
20:08:09 [MUTED] [DF]Orion_Prime {Q}: "stupid Chess club, you have FAILED ME!"
* [HWL]undertaker sighs
20:08:23 [{BSS}]-=Gogeta=-: "where has FA2 gone?"
* [{BSS}]10of18 begins applauding [Admin]TheEvilGriffin...
20:08:43 [-GDI-]Spatch: "well that was interessting"
20:09:08 [Admin]Tael: "Ok, any last minute questions the staff might be able to answer?"
20:08:49 J.C. Szun {RIP-KC}: "not that many are on it:)"
20:08:50 [{BSS}]10of18: "and the rest of the Admins"
* [-[A]-]Excaliber salutes [Admin]TheEvilGriffin..
20:08:53 [DF]Orion_Prime {Q}: "oo quickie to the remaining Admins, are there ever going to be DS models for desktops and such?"
* [{BSS}]-=Gogeta=- slaps [{BSS}]10of18 in the head...
20:08:53 [HWL]undertaker: "hmmm ya"
20:09:10 [Admin]TheBumble: "ask"
20:09:10 [-[A]-]Excaliber: "will us europeans be able to import the game like we can with Earth and Beyond (I dont have it cos DS is better but i know you can get it)?"
20:09:12 [DF]Orion_Prime {Q}: "id love to have an AD on my dresser..."
20:09:13 [GER]Kharn: "ok good night all!"
* [{BSS}]10of18 winks suspiciously at [{BSS}]-=Gogeta=-...
20:09:17 [{BSS}]10of18: ":)"
20:09:21 Chromix: "welll.. there is that DS-Wallpaper in the download section but..."
20:09:24 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "Orion like a Windows Theme?"
20:09:32 [DF]Orion_Prime {Q}: "no Chromix, REAL models"
20:09:39 Chromix: "uhm"
20:09:40 [DF]Orion_Prime {Q}: "like made of metal or plastic"
20:09:44 [DF]Orion_Prime {Q}: "that you buy in stores"
20:09:50 [TK]Admiral Jimmy: "Like a plastic EAD you can put together and stick on the mantelpiece"
20:09:51 [HWL]undertaker: "that wood be cool"
20:09:51 [Admin]Samweis: "build you own station and paint it "
20:09:54 [-GDI-]Spatch: "hey Griffin if you guys make a fighter-client PUT SURGICAL TARGETS IN IT! plz..."
20:09:58 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "lol not yet"
20:10:26 [Admin]Tael: "currently there are no plans for it, who knows what will happen if we really take off"
20:10:05 Chromix: "hmm.. bad idea.. guess what trouble you´d had finding a KLuth scout in your house "
20:10:10 [DF]Orion_Prime {Q}: "well there should be!"
* [Admin]Samweis smiles at Chromix...
20:10:19 [DF]Orion_Prime {Q}: "I'd buy the whoe set before they are even out on the market"
20:10:52 [~Z~]SuperNova10{HAIL ZEON}: "rar"
20:11:04 [-GDI-]Spatch: "this game is becoming more and more of a freespace/BZ2/armade hybrid... COOL"
20:11:09 [DF]Orion_Prime {Q}: "oh well"
20:11:13 [DF]Orion_Prime {Q}: "cyall"
20:11:35 [{BSS}]10of18: "Armada/Starcraft/starfleet command hybrid IMHO"
20:11:51 J.C. Szun {RIP-KC}: "way better even"
20:12:01 [VIP]VietMinh: "Can we please get some new maps in the FA rotation in the meantime."
20:12:37 [Admin]Tael: "For the staff, there will be a culling of the Forums soon to get it back to a managable size... "
20:12:17 Chromix: "Procyon.. procyon.. procyon..."
20:12:24 [S.W]Quill: "ya could you like have one user map play in the rotation every week"
20:12:46 [Admin]Tael: "Currently there are over 60k messages in them"
20:12:27 Chromix: "actually luyten on FA would be fun "
20:12:28 [-GDI-]Spatch: "hey TheGriffin i 4got to ask... is there gonna be a ship color editor/ship namer coming out in a patch ? pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssse eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? (gets puppydog eyes and lwer lip puffs out)"
20:12:36 J.C. Szun {RIP-KC}: "and pls kick that lutyen map especialy the 3 faction on:)"
20:12:39 J.C. Szun {RIP-KC}: "one"
20:12:47 [S.W]Quill: "yes pleasse"
20:12:50 [S.W]Quill: "i hate that map"
20:13:13 J.C. Szun {RIP-KC}: "trans-wars suck"
20:13:45 [Admin]Tael: "WE already answered the map question, we hope to stand up another server to host player map contests, the winners might end up in the mv expansions"
20:13:32 J.C. Szun {RIP-KC}: "its cool for newbieserver tho"
20:13:33 [Admin]TheBumble: "ok - folks - i am off here - have a nice"
20:13:34 [-GDI-]Spatch: "it'd be nice if ppl could give thier ships a paint job to signify fleets etc... and names to identifty which ship they brought out og the hangar"
20:13:45 [-GDI-]Spatch: "how hard would that be>?"
20:13:57 [Admin]TheEvilGriffin: "Spatch i believe some form of that is on the TODO list"
20:14:00 [VIP]Jedi-Knight: "noobspace link is broken"
20:14:25 [Admin]Tael: "Currently ship names are not planned for, for game play simplicity"

[ This Message was edited by: |2eason on 2002-10-30 18:05 ]

Email Tael
Page created in 0.007998 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR