No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Status Update...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Status Update...
Naufragus the Hashishin
Midshipman

Posted: 2002-10-02 15:20   
@ gideon ---- not sure what you mean about cruisers going two systems...i tried in vain last night to get to Lacielle from Sol but could only get as far as Sirius before the gates stopped working.. i needed no fuel...also did it in a dread...so thats 6-7 systems on one tank

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2002-10-02 16:06   
Ahhh, the Jump Gates. They do tend to shrink the MV, don't they?

I was talking about direct jumps. Under the old jump drives, I could get half way across the MV on one tank of fuel by using Jump Gates.

They really make the MV much smaller. That is why I keep asking that they get removed. They could be replaced with gates that players set up, and which could be destroyed. Or, they could just be left out period.

Email Gideon
Will McBlack
Admiral

Posted: 2002-10-03 02:41   
Hmmmm no jumpgates? interesting ... this means that a jump from Ross to Luyten is no longer possible in a Combat Dread (and for that matter other dreads) if I m not mistaken ... on the other hand ... BRING IN THE SUPPLY SHIPS!!!

I agree Gideon, remove those jump gates. Perhaps adjust the AM Drive a bit too making it slightly faster than it is now. As to indicate it is really better than the Tachyon, while the tachyon is still great too now (not that I use it but still).

Ash'elth
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2002-10-03 10:06   
What makes the AMJ so good is that it chages MUCH faster for dreads/stations than the tach drive

NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2002-10-03 16:32   
i like gideons idea, player set up gates which are destoryable, it would let engineers do things and plus it will give dreads a place to go, also you could have secert jump gates to systems so the enanmy may not be able to camp them as easily =)

cool idea gid

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2002-10-04 06:01   
Hey we play this game so much that even a 7 min jump with a battle fleet would be the highlight of our week!! If youve everplayed " Pax Imperia" youll agree boot the gates. Pls new ship classes, weights should only matter due to the amount of grav you experence, just a a sig bar there should be a grav bar!! ive heard your excuces for not doing that but in a game that strives for realism and is bound by incompatence of zero gs i will all ways choose to be real.

" The business of a general is quiet and secret, fair and orderly." - Master Sun :Book of Sun Tzu

" As I lifted my hand in the air and clentched it in anger I shouted HAIL ZEON, so that there would be no more pain. " - Janis Diekum Princeipality of Zeon

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-10-04 09:46   
Well, I like the idea as well, as long as we are able to build jumpgates, I guess it would be great, building a jumpgate somewhere and then be able to spawn (like a homegate under new political system)

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Deleted
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-10-06 08:34   
it would also give scouts (and sensor frigs) a job to do (load up on the scanners to hunt down enemy gates )

NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2002-10-06 12:22   
i hope this idea is really being considered =)

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-10-07 02:34   
Yesss... Removing jumpgates would improve gameplay and tactics... IMHO the jumpgates should be removed. Maybe this way we can get more players - even some with smaller rankings - to play in MV... Not only 15 ships at all like most of the time... I'd love to see the MV more often used than the other servers...

Cu,
{Warhead}

NoPants2win
Cadet

Posted: 2002-10-07 04:26   
Removing JGs wouldnt enhance gameplay it would decrease it. Instead of playing i could watch JUMPING 124 seconds....123 seconds. OOH fun stuff.

Goto the website of NoPants2win
Will McBlack
Admiral

Posted: 2002-10-07 06:14   
I agree, while useful when gates are camped, using the JG's still gets me faster to the action then long jumps.

Deleted
Admiral

Posted: 2002-10-07 07:43   
I did not say to remove jumpgates at all but to remove the static ones... One should be allowed to build a small amount of jumpgates (maybe with a minimum distance between them) in a system.

When you start in your home system and want to get to the action, you would use the player-built jumpgates reather than the static ones.

So fast travelling is still possible...

Will McBlack
Admiral

Posted: 2002-10-07 08:21   
Hmmmm how will we know where the JG heads too? Are we able to determine the other side of the JG or are they fleet owned? Like every fleet can build 2 JumpGates connecting for instance CD with Luyten ... if we want another start/endpoint either one of them has to be rebuild ...

Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2002-10-07 08:28   
I think removing static jump gates and adding user creating gates would be a good idea. What would happen is a kind of frontier between factions would spring into existence, increasing the chance of combat in these frontier systems. Any major system capping exercises would then become the domain of major fleet movements with a proper supply train. Personally, I only think this would work with proper orbital platforms, that can defend these gates, ensuring that u dont get the 2 ship, letz cap the Home System Strategy.

Also, any invading fleet would have to ensure that no enemy is left behind as if one of the JG's is destroyed, this would effectively break them off from any re-inforcements. This I believe would add a totally new dimension to the game and move it even more towards a fleet strategy game.

Plus, if a fleet managed to get a foothold in nme territory, it would significantly raise the requirement for allied forces to ensure it stays that way. Going back 2 an incoming development, I believe shipyards would really make the difference on this one.

To the Victor go the Spoils of War
'Qu Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum'

Dark

[ This Message was edited by: Darksworde on 2002-10-07 08:30 ]

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027663 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR