- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +3.7 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +10.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - TheMadDoctor1991

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » What I'm doing for version 1.479...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author What I'm doing for version 1.479...
Darkheyr ={NuKe Squad}=
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-08-21 16:31   
I dont know how you travel along, but I usually need less than 15 minutes from Sirius to CD...

And P-Torps will still be best....

\"A little bit of weird with a dash of oddness.\" -Kitana

Email Darkheyr ={NuKe Squad}=
Deleted
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-08-21 19:20   
im all for having faster jump drives. i think there will be much rejoicing (sol) being able to get from one place to another in the mv in less than 15 min as it dose now.

Will McBlack
Admiral

Posted: 2002-08-22 00:43   
Maybe we need an alpha discusson forum I didnt ment to tear the faster drives apart Just reflecting on them.

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-08-22 02:16   
Well, if all torps track, I guess I take Fusion torps from now on, maybe not in all ships but in most
And about the jump drives, the new speed seems to be fine, camping the jump gates will no longer been a good tactic, and the old tachyon drive will be used more often, because its more accurate at estops next to enemies

A question: Will E jumps still take the same time? I mean jumping 32000 away for an emergency is a bit much...

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Will McBlack
Admiral

Posted: 2002-08-22 02:46   
I've thinking about that EJump too ... glad someone else thought of it too ... with the suggested speed of 2400 the jump time need only be 2-3 seconds for the same 5k range... on the other hand having a longer EJump will get rid of those annoying Kill-A-Ravaged-Ship-Because-I-Need-My-Kill/Death-Ratio-Go-Up since one moves out of sensor reach I m all for that On the other hand longer EJumps will probably increase the number of times you park your ship into a planet/star

Deleted
Admiral

Posted: 2002-08-22 15:46   
4x Jump drive... Oh boy her goes the neighborhood, Combat FTL jumps (short range) has just become alot more deadly

Wild Cat

Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2002-08-22 16:03   
WOOT!!! faster J drives means that any crippled enemy ships in a 3kgu radius will have exactly one second to respond to my jumping on top of them WWWEEEE!!!! and since the average persons reflex is 1.5 seconds thats enough for my lasers to hit them

lets see what else, instead of the 26 second jumptime from UGTO JG to Ross gate it'll be what? about 10 seconds with an AMJ, so if i start in Sol, assuming everything goes right, i could be in Lalande in.... oh just under 2 minutes, instead of the old 4 or 5, WOW, talk about fast passed MV action.

hmmm... e-jumps, i liked them cause they were short enough to take me out of combat, but not into the sun. new rule of thumb, dont be facing a systems sun when you e jump, or a gas giant you can see. actually, you can still cancel, but your gonna be going SO fast 2 or 3 seconds will be fine.

man, just when i got the hang of e-jumping someone that was over 1000gu away they go and switch it up on me!

oh, and another thing, all torps tracking... WOOT! not bad, now i will be flying a cruiser ALL the time in scen, cause a dread cant dodge em but a cruiser can, woot! for all you dread haters out though (just cause you cant get a decent one ) if your playing FA just grab the heavy cruiser and any dread you go after is toast.

Admiral,
Captain of the NSS Iringul

[ This Message was edited by: Lith Ragond on 2002-08-22 16:09 ]

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-08-22 18:07   
I think I detect a trace of sarcasm in Lith's post.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2002-08-22 20:15   
I think that if they make Jump-drives THAT fast, they need to increase the recharge time to 1.5, maybe even 2 minutes, or else distance won't mean squat and nobody will use sublight drives. They'll just jump everywhere in a matter of seconds, and only ever stop to briefly refuel.

Email Jim Starluck
Ash'elth
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2002-08-22 20:17   
Just an idea about the shipyards:

Require shipyards to SPAWN all ships over a set credit cost...

We want to limit dreadspace and this hypothetical stationspace.

So why not only allow the homegates to spawn certain sizes of ships, then require that a shipyard make a hull size before someone can pilot it.

Say you want a cruiser, but your faction is out of cruisers due to enemy action... So you go to your ship yard and queue up a cruiser.
So after the ship is completed your faction gets 1 cruiser ANYONE can pilot, you hop in your cruiser and then select what sort of default equipment you want.

This would directly tie the system's economy in to the shipbuilding processes. As for how much resources it costs... I'd make two different values, one for the scenerio server the other for the MV. And maybe make the MV one, 100 times as high since we have long periods of time where nobody is fighting and planets can have an oppertuinty to mine.

Ash'elth
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2002-08-22 20:23   
you know what could stop the problem with everyone complaining about the new jump drives and pinpoint jumping...

Add a random value like +/- 250 gu to each jump point.

That way you will never know exactly how far you will jump.

Zurai {RIP R33}
Cadet

Posted: 2002-08-22 23:01   
Quote:

On 2002-08-22 20:23, Ash'elth wrote:
you know what could stop the problem with everyone complaining about the new jump drives and pinpoint jumping...

Add a random value like +/- 250 gu to each jump point.

That way you will never know exactly how far you will jump.

... and you'll randomly jump into planets. No thanks.

Email Zurai {RIP R33}
Ash'elth
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2002-08-22 23:09   
hrrm I was trying to say add a random value of +/- 250 gu along the linear approach for your jump.

Not to the side. So if you jump off to the side of the planet you'll ALWAYS be safe, basically this just makes it so you can't plot an exact course ontop of someone...

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-08-23 02:06   
Give the new jump drives are recharge time of lets say long range tach drive 3 mins and long range antimatter drive 2:30
and keep the old drives as short range
If I had to choose I would still use those we have now, because you can abort more precisely

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Darkheyr ={NuKe Squad}=
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-08-23 05:00   
recharge time is bad enough already, especially with a even slightly damaged drive

make it simpler : the drive charges up, so at first, ittl go at 300gu/s, then at 600, 900 etc

\"A little bit of weird with a dash of oddness.\" -Kitana

Email Darkheyr ={NuKe Squad}=
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025539 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR