No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » What I'm doing for version 1.479...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author What I'm doing for version 1.479...
Deleted

Posted: 2002-08-18 08:19   
thats a good idea.about the shipyards.Why don't you make it so that the shipyards can build ships?like if u want a special dread and you have the min rank [2nd RA] you can build one by collecting about 32000 metals and paying like 100K or so and u get an slot you want but you have to pay to put stuff in too.It would be nice.

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-08-18 12:32   
hmm a use the command dreads.
they should later also be able to do the stations.
bah dont make players pay for it.

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Deleted
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-08-18 13:09   
??? oh yeah what about fighter upgrades faustus?? We should have new fighter bays ,bombers and pd fighters.

EDIT --> despammed the article

greetings Bumblebee/TheBumble

[ This Message was edited by: Bumblebee on 2002-08-20 03:22 ]

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2002-08-18 13:36   
Mog, two things:

1 - Don't spam.

2 - We want new fighters. Faustus wants new fighters. Everyone wants new fighters. However, there are some major things that have to be changed in the game in order to pave the way for new fighters.

• Fighters need a better AI.
  • Players need an interface to controll fighters better with.
  • Fighters need to be able to fight each other.
  • Planets need to be able to use their fighters efficiently and correctly.
  • Point defenses need to interact differently with fighters.
  • New models need to be done for fighters.
  • Fighters themselves must be redesigned and rebalanced.

Before we even get to one of these issues, there are about a hundered even more important issues to address. Things that impact every part of the game, and are needed for overall gameplay importance. You know, things like balance, an economy, and a political system.

So, be patient, but remember it won't be for a while yet.

Email Gideon
DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-08-18 14:22   
Maybe the Auto attack mode should be finally activated, if only for beam weapons, but it would be good if only Autoattack would shoot at Fighters

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2002-08-18 15:20   
I had an idea about the Shipyards, Faustus.

Don't make them a building ON a planet...make them the mother-of-all space platforms!

And, one day, we can have two types of shipyards: Faction-owned, and CLAN- owned!

Faction-owned would be like you described, but CLAN-owned would also combine the abilities of a Starport and Depot, but ONLY for the clan what built it.

I had another idea, but this one might not be as popular. When you go to a shipyard to switch ships, the ship you leave remains at that shipyard...meaning, if you want to fly it again, you have to go back to that one.

Then, if you park a ship in, oh say, Cygnus, and want to fly the one you've got in Epsilon Ind, you hitch a ride on an AI transport or another player's ship. You are restricted to viewing the ship like you would your own, but the controls would be disabled. Once the ship gets to the other shipyard, you can select your vessel.

You could also use aforementioned AI trannies as the focal point of missions...defend Fleet Admiral Barthezzz's transport as he transfers to his EAD. Or, for the ICC, a juicy target.

That whole idea, though, is mostly secondary, and I'm not sure many players would like it.

I think the first one is workable, though.

Email Jim Starluck
Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2002-08-18 17:29   
An item concerning Shipyards as spawn locations.

How about allowing players to pick their spawn locations? Each player can choose up to three spawn locations which can be changed - plus, additional information should be given about the current status of that spawn point (friendly/hostile)

I'd still like to see a 15-30 second 'safe' timer upon respawn or when first starting the game which does not apply if the last login was less than 5 minutes ago.

Nax

Deleted
Marshal

Posted: 2002-08-18 20:49   
well no one has commented on the Winnable MV idea.. so ill take this time to do so.. ^_^

The idea of having only 1 flag planet in each system probrobly wouldnt be a good idea..

A: for the time that Players start pooring in.. and for the times that people arent on.. the MV will be constantly reseting proly several times a day....

B: even when the player base in the MV increases and even B4.. Those will be the only targets a few ships remain behind to defend it while the rest of the fleet sweeps to the others..

I realize that with a few of the other factoins ships there taking it back with the troops from teh other planets will be a good advantage.. but what might want to be is Several planets (very few close together and the ones that are close are between other planets with the capability of firing on them..) Making these flag planets the risky ones to get might force the enemy to take the surrounding planets first to gain an upper hand to move in on the risky ones..

Anyway thats meh 2bits..late

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-08-19 01:05   
@Jimmy bad idea, because we want to limit the number of Shipyards

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-08-19 05:29   
Quote:

On 2002-08-18 15:20, Admiral Jimmy wrote:
Fleet Admiral Barthezzz

If only

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Ciryadin{IC}
Admiral

Posted: 2002-08-19 06:10   
The fighters we have nowadays, just go on suicide rampage.. just zeroing in on their targets for 2 rounds max and die in pd fire, Sounds like Battle for Midway all over again with the kamikaze

If fighters could get a command interface, where u can set aggresion mode, Aggresrive, Offensive, Defensive.. to set the amount of gu they stay near the nmy
instead of charging blindly into em

Email Ciryadin{IC}
Deleted
Admiral

Posted: 2002-08-19 06:26   
Hmm I’m not sure if increasing the jump speed is a good idea.
Why not connect these new Shipyards with “micro-wormholes”. This way you can instantly travel within friendly space but you cant “circumjump” systems.
Of course this would nullify the idea of only allowing ships to be built with the necessary resources at that station. So maybe the forward station has to have the necessary resources to allow it to be jumped to. E.g. if a station cant build an EAD an EAD cant “jump” there. Why? .. err.. the station needs the materials to stabilize the wormhole. Yah that’s it .

DrMud
Cadet

Posted: 2002-08-19 10:00   
good ideas and nice work faustus, but in my oppinion theres something more important:

WE NEED MORE PLAYERS TO HAVE MORE ACTION !!!

thats something we should be aware, its NO FUN if space is empty like it is most of the time !!!!

plz do something otherwise we (GER-clan) may chose other online games like NEOCRON ....

PUBLISHING in a professional way is the thing u NEED NOW !!!!!!!!

"spreading the word" by us (the gamers) didnt help much as far as i see, so i dont see any future for this game if nothing changes the next time !!!

dont get me wrong im still here - waiting ..

Goto the website of DrMud
Chromix
Cadet

Posted: 2002-08-19 11:07   
Hehe, tried neocron beta 4 for an hour a while ago. The update downloads were messed up, they installed fine but resulted in crashes so I had to reinstall and wait for the slow normal autoupdate. Also the server crashed like every 10 minutes and I got disconnected...
DarkSpace was IMO much more stable in beta

Email Chromix
Mariano (peace)
Cadet

Posted: 2002-08-19 11:40   
don't get me wrong Faustus but there are loads of postings in suggestions so plz have a look there (i'm sure you do anyway) and look up the most discussed issues. It would be also nice to get some minor things fixed.

first of all the interdictor issue. There was a pool about it and we got a result. can we have a change there to test it in beta? e.g. affecting friendly ships too, field indicator, getting prestige for dictoring (in what ever way)

there was a posting about the bomber badge here the link

the thing about loosing your drones by jumping when they are out

you already said something about improving the follow command like fleetforming. maybe to dedicate a leader of a group who can give orders (meaning getting missions). It also would be good to see in tactical who is on follow (like u can see the missions)

plz get the system bar at one position again (the new screenlayout is such a great thing except of that)

it would be good if you are able to set the goverment status of a planet to less then your actuall rank. If you want to lock a planet so a noob can't mess with it (spacially in MV for obvious reason) you cant cause you are say an 1RA or even higher.

the /faction function

till now the fleets don't get anything from owning planets in MV. maybe gaining money or prestige out of it for each member (just a small amount) or making ships dependend on resources. I know this is very vague and it will have to be discussed in an other thread but something like it would mabey raise the layality to a fleet.

once again, i hope you dont get me wrong and i didn't piss you of too much bacause i honestly think you are doing an awsome job and i only want to help to improve the game.

edit: i forgot to mention the gamma correction

=SSC=
=SSC=Darkspace Division

[ This Message was edited by: Mariano von Trani on 2002-08-19 12:43 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029201 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR