No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » [WINNERS ANNOUNCED] Kill Bobby Baconbeard Day!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author [WINNERS ANNOUNCED] Kill Bobby Baconbeard Day!
Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-06-29 07:38   
Quote:
On 2013-06-29 06:53, Fatal Perihelion wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-28 08:51, DiepLuc wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-27 17:55, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
As an addendum I would encourage the ICC to turn off the interdictors if it becomes necessary for pursuing the pirates.

You don't have to, Sheraton. We need dico to trap Bobby inside.

[ This Message was edited by: DiepLuc on 2013-06-28 08:53 ]

Maybe i misunderstood something, but leaving interdictors on in dres kona would be a huge advantage for icc since every other facttion will have to avoid interdictors.

Not really an issue in Dres, most of the planets are around the star in a circle. So as long as bobby keeps within said circle you shouldn't touch the circumference (I.e where all the dictors are.) Anyway from each of the factions appointed planets there are no barriers to most of the system (excluding the star itself) and the star only blocks the path to where the other factions shipyards will be (if your ugto trying to go to ICC/kluth parts or vice versa)

The dictors can also stop bobby from fleeing into deep space (or the edge of the system) so i don't really see whats so wrong with them.

Marshalrol
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-29 09:20   
Sounds Good Signning up as well hope this is and event everyone can enjoy.

nekofan5
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-06-29 11:50   
As a side note, i'll be joining as UGTO

Hope I find somepeople to partner up with
[ This Message was edited by: nekofan5 on 2013-06-29 11:50 ]

Gwalden
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-06-29 13:12   
I like to sign up as well. I'd be willing join any team that's looking for another member.

LAG
Marshal
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2013-06-29 15:58   
In. Prefer UGTO.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-29 19:43   
Quote:
On 2013-06-29 07:38, Zenirith Dres wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-29 06:53, Fatal Perihelion wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-28 08:51, DiepLuc wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-27 17:55, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
As an addendum I would encourage the ICC to turn off the interdictors if it becomes necessary for pursuing the pirates.

You don't have to, Sheraton. We need dico to trap Bobby inside.

[ This Message was edited by: DiepLuc on 2013-06-28 08:53 ]

Maybe i misunderstood something, but leaving interdictors on in dres kona would be a huge advantage for icc since every other facttion will have to avoid interdictors.

Not really an issue in Dres, most of the planets are around the star in a circle. So as long as bobby keeps within said circle you shouldn't touch the circumference (I.e where all the dictors are.) Anyway from each of the factions appointed planets there are no barriers to most of the system (excluding the star itself) and the star only blocks the path to where the other factions shipyards will be (if your ugto trying to go to ICC/kluth parts or vice versa)

The dictors can also stop bobby from fleeing into deep space (or the edge of the system) so i don't really see whats so wrong with them.

Not true. you forget he has a singularity lance(or something close), so he will just nuke planets he gets caught in

Email *FTL*Soulless
Sifo-Diaz
Fleet Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2013-06-29 20:07   
My team consisted of : Code Red, Admiral Sideswipe and myself.

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-29 21:54   
Okay so we just met for an hour and a half to come up with the list. Keep in mind with a new event like this things are bound to be changed a bit. But prizes still handed out as mentioned originally with some additions.

The voting consisted of 5 categories:

Kills (had the highest points given)
Tracking
Communications (over /y chat for coordination)
General
Stand Out's

I will start by saying the idea behind the 2-3 person teams was a flop. That is okay we will move on from there. That idea has been scratched.

So.....

First place will be awarded 10,000 Doubloons and a 2 day pirate pass. The winners are:
[FS]Chewy Squirrel @69286
Gwalden @233491
[TWA]Code Red @153669
[*ML*]Valiant Wolf[S-2] @200127

Second place goes to the next highest votes award is 8,000 Doubloons and a 1 day pirate pass. The winners are:
Guyton (Angel of Death) @89545
nekofan5 @196895
[*ML*]Sifo-Diaz @236050

Honerable mentions will be awarded 5,000 Doubloons. The mentioned are:
[*RSM*]Admiral *Sideswipe* {Elite Firebolt} @216023
[:AoD:]Carcinogenic @182986
[MLP]Beep Boop @221495
Mortimer Aeinhardt @237555
[*FTL*]Mitigator @204164
iwancoppa @175917

Participation awards will be 2,000 Doubloons each. Not everyone who was in the Event made this list. These are the people who recieved 1 vote from an Event Member in any category other then the "Kills" category. They are:
[*FTL*]UnknownCode @115156
[CEC]SeanDodge @230452
[:AoD:]+SuperNova+ @169379
[LAG]LAG @104121

If your name was not listed no worries, the Event will run again real soon. Do not be discouraged. These will be the set rules and judging method for the next event so things will go more smoothly.

For those of you who won a pirate account I will be contacting you soon. We will set up a time for you to log into the accounts. There is a list of new protocols for it as we have not done this before. Consider yourselves the pilot program. I will begin transferring the credits tonight into tomorrow. There will be logs kept for them so please do not try to abuse the system.

Congrats to all and I hope you guys had fun. We always strive to improve on our methods so please feel free to mention any comments, concerns, or anything in this thread.

A special thanks to the Event Team for playing and monitoring both on the Pirate side and the Faction side and for staying late after the Event to pan out the winners.

-The Event Team
[ This Message was edited by: Challenger on 2013-06-29 22:27 ]

Email Challenger
BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2013-06-29 22:06   
I was on ts ..was speaking the whole time..not cool to switch it up..last event i ever play

Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-06-29 22:12   
Quote:
On 2013-06-29 22:06, The Phantom of Darkspace wrote:
I was on ts ..was speaking the whole time..not cool to switch it up..last event i ever play

What do mean dude? Were you busy talking instead of fighting? Or were you looking for teammates to collaborate with? Either way that has nothing to do with the Event Team's planning or execution of the event.

Signature size too large, please resize (600x200x100kb)

Email Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon   Goto the website of Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-29 22:17   
I can appreciate that thought behind the event, but I thought it was pretty lackluster. I may have enjoyed it and stuck around if it was more of a FFA. But hey, maybe it got more exciting after I left.
And bury you with honesty.

I'll make all your dreams come to life,
And slay them as quickly as they came.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-06-29 22:35   
Great event guys, We should do this kind of stuff more often!

Maybe we could do something for 1.7 release.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-06-29 22:49   
Quote:
On 2013-06-29 22:17, AdmiralChaos [Steady] wrote:
I can appreciate that thought behind the event, but I thought it was pretty lackluster. I may have enjoyed it and stuck around if it was more of a FFA. But hey, maybe it got more exciting after I left.

It was entirely up to your choice as to whether or not it was a FFA or a cooperative endeavor was my understanding. The rules were changed to allow for that.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-29 22:52   
Credits handed out.

Yeah the Event was a bit made up as you go to an extent. The basic concept remained the same. It is impossible to determine how things in the Event will run because we do not know beforehand how many people will be there, which effects everything.

Anyway sorry that we cannot make everyone happy but over all the reception seemed good.

Also.....

As someone has pointed out Tarnak is to remain Pirate just like the MI have 1 planet in sag as well. Tarnak had nothing to do with the event. Just served as a launching point but was not turned over due to the event.

And...

I forgot to mention, with great apologies, that when we voted it was also suggested that we come up with a "Top Faction" award. This round goes to the ICC for greatest numbers and diversity in ship usage. For now no prizes will be handed out for this but you do have your bragging rights till the next event then I suppose we will see who gets the "trophy"
[ This Message was edited by: Challenger on 2013-06-29 23:09 ]

Email Challenger
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-29 23:43   
Did anyone record the battle?
Please upload your vids.
For who missed the event such as I, is very thirsty to watch the bleeding events again!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025741 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR