No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » [WINNERS ANNOUNCED] Kill Bobby Baconbeard Day!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author [WINNERS ANNOUNCED] Kill Bobby Baconbeard Day!
Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-17 19:16   
Rules have been changed and so has the date.

Welcome to Darkspace Event “Kill Bobby Baconbeard Day” Here is your chance to team up with your fellow players and try to send Bobby Baconbeard to Davy Jones’ locker! He will be accompanied by some fellow pirates that will try to defend Bobby at all costs. This event is not for the faint of heart nor will it be easy. However, I promise in the end it will be rewarding. Bobby will be moving around one select system (Most likely Dres-kona) Sometimes he will be orbiting a planet or near a planet…. Short jumps or long jumps. It will be up to all players attending the event to come up with a strategy to be able to track, find, corner, and take Bobby down.

When signing up for the Event we would like you to choose teams of 2-3 people. They can be from the same faction or a mix of different factions. The person who gets the final kill shot on Bobby Baconbeard will be awarded with his entire team the grand prize. If AI gets the final shot then no one gets the award and Bobby respawns and it all starts all over again. The entire Event will run 2-3 hours, longer if people still want to participate as time goes on. If there are multiple Bobby kills then the team with the most kills wins first place. If no one gets a Bobby kill then the Event Team will judge and vote on who we felt had the most and best participation in the event.

Prizes are as follows:

First Place: 15,000 credits per team member OR a 2 day pirate account, where you will be free to roam the MV with your teammates. (Rules on flying pirates will be explained to you by me upon receipt of the account login and passwords…. Failure to comply will result in immediate suspension of the account and further action can be taken. They are basically the same rules that the staff follow when using the accounts so no worries.) I will be logged in at the same time flying with you to make sure all runs smooth.

Second Place: 10,000 credits per team member. This will be rewarded if there are multiple Bobby kills. For example team 1 gets 3 kills they win 1st place. Team 2 gets 1 kill and they get second place.

Third Place: 5000 credits per team member. Same concept applies as second place.

Participation Reward: The Event Team will be keeping track on who is participating in this event and EVERYONE will get a prize. The prizes will vary in credit amounts depending on your participation.

Definition:
Participation: If everyone gets into dreads and stations then I promise no one will get a kill and participation levels will be greatly decreased. Now if a team shows up in a support role ship (ie suppie or supply station) another in a assault dread and maybe another in a cruiser or smaller (to be used as light combat and for tracking for when Bobby runs) Then that team may get the kill but most importantly will score higher in participation points because of the multi roles. A team that does nothing but spam stations and SD’s on Bobby will not only lose a crap load or prestige but will be awarded nothing. So use your imagination and talk to one another to help each other out.

I would also like to add that the pirate accounts are for 2 days each. So if 2 teams want to join up together then that will be accepted and each team will be awarded 1 day each on the pirate account. So to clarify 3 team members on team one will each receive a 1 day pirate account and team 4 who teamed up with them will receive a 1 day pirate account the next day. Total of 3 accounts for 6 players. If it is a team of 2 then it will only be 2 pirate accounts and the third will be null and void..... I hope I didn't make that too confusing.

Competition Date: Saturday June 29th at 6pm US EST gmt-5 (3pm PST and 11pm UK, right?) Competition will last 1hr-at least 2hrs and can be more if people remain online. Duration will be announced as the Event goes on. (READ VERY BOTTOM OF POST ABOUT THE DATE)

Rules:
-No boarding Bobby Baconbeard. You may board other pirates at will.
-No bombing of the Pirate planet wherever the event is held (again most likely Dres-kona and the planet will be Tar-nak)
-No camping at the Pirate planet (If Bobby dies he will respawns there and I do not want people getting the “cheap” kill when he is at 5% hull.) Try to keep about a 2k GU distance from it if possible.
-2-3 hours before the event ICC, UGTO, KLUTH will be allowed to go into Dres-kona and place Supply Platforms at random locations to further assist them with repairs. If ICC still controls the system they are to leave these platforms alone till after the event. The platforms are open to be fired upon by AI or Pirates only.

On the day of the event there will be a SY planet made available to all three factions. After the close of the Event the planets will be handed back to the originating faction.

Competition date: June 29th 2013 at 6pm EDT (http://everytimezone.com/#2013-6-29,-840,6bj)

If you have any questions for the Event Team then place them below. When you sign up please also make a notation of what team you will be on… 1, 2, 3, 4, etc…. If you have a question to ask privately then look me up ingame or email me at challenger@palestar.com (Sorry Event Team members names are generally not announced)

Please allow 1hr-72hr post event for a winner to be determined if it comes down to a Event Team vote. Also the same time frame for prizes to be handed out. Thank you for your understanding.

[ This Message was edited by: Challenger on 2013-06-29 21:55 ]

Email Challenger
Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-06-18 02:20   
Bobby....Is this Bobby, brother of Billy?

I shall Keel Bobby with a viscious claw attack!
signing up for a luth team

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2013-06-18 04:34   
This sounds like a fun event will def try and be there for it !!! good idea and good work

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-06-18 06:03   
Quote:
On 2013-06-17 19:16, Challenger wrote:
-ICC, UGTO, and KLUTH are not to intentionally fire on each other. (The more the allies and AI will make this difficult though. But no player on player shooting)

well that takes all the fun outta the event right there. i see people tend to forget this is a war game, not hold each others hand and do a circle jerk.

Email Borgie
Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2013-06-18 07:59   
I will sign up as an ICC pilot, i would prefer a faction mixed team but will fill in any group aswell.

deathblave
Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-18 09:36   
im there with as a icc player

Email deathblave
Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2013-06-18 09:59   
You can count me in [UGTO]

P.S Cant Attend The 22nd Going to a Wedding that day However the 29th I can Attend.
[ This Message was edited by: Ray[OU] on 2013-06-19 10:17 ]

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-18 10:30   
Quote:
On 2013-06-18 06:03, Borgie wrote:
Quote:
-ICC, UGTO, and KLUTH are not to intentionally fire on each other. (The more the allies and AI will make this difficult though. But no player on player shooting)

well that takes all the fun outta the event right there. i see people tend to forget this is a war game, not hold each others hand and do a circle jerk.

Most of us know how you feel Borgie, no need to even say anything. There will be plenty for you to kill. If you do not want to be involved then do not show up.

Email Challenger
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-18 10:37   
I remember this Bobby Baconbeard. I hate it! It's even more dangerous than Node.

If I don't sign up, am I allowed to capture AI or supply participants?

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-18 10:56   
This will not be the same as whats been done the last couple of months. There will be far less pirate allies, you can cap all the pirates you want other then Bobby, Bobby will be on the defensive not offensive, pirates will not be taking planets, all around will be different.

Email Challenger
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-06-18 20:39   
Sounds like a good event to me

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-18 21:21   
when determining the winner(s) could more concideration be given to participation? Because to me its a bit unfair to base mostly on kills when things other than combat should be used to make it easier (Ie supply, scouts, new dictor ect). Becase by going in to these supporting roles they lose a chance to get that kill because they are helping others to get it.

Email *FTL*Soulless
Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-18 21:31   
That is why I added the team formation idea... So if someone goes support role of some sorts then there are two others who can have a combat role.

Email Challenger
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-06-18 21:35   
Quote:
On 2013-06-18 21:21, Soulless *CO* wrote:
when determining the winner(s) could more concideration be given to participation? Because to me its a bit unfair to base mostly on kills when things other than combat should be used to make it easier (Ie supply, scouts, new dictor ect). Becase by going in to these supporting roles they lose a chance to get that kill because they are helping others to get it.

That was already covered.

Quote:
Participation Reward: The Event Team will be keeping track on who is participating in this event and EVERYONE will get a prize. The prizes will vary in credit amounts depending on your participation.

Definition:
Participation: If everyone gets into dreads and stations then I promise no one will get a kill and participation levels will be greatly decreased. Now if a team shows up in a support role ship (ie suppie or supply station) another in a assault dread and maybe another in a cruiser or smaller (to be used as light combat and for tracking for when Bobby runs) Then that team may get the kill but most importantly will score higher in participation points because of the multi roles. A team that does nothing but spam stations and SD’s on Bobby will not only lose a crap load or prestige but will be awarded nothing. So use your imagination and talk to one another to help each other out.

It's possible the participation rewards can exceed the killshot rewards for groups that show some effort beyond mass damage output.

-(kha-ti the silent watcher)-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2013-06-19 00:26   
challenge accepted. the Aura Locust is at your command.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023257 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR