No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » [1.672] Feedback & Bugs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author [1.672] Feedback & Bugs
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-03-08 15:19   
Quote:

On 2012-03-08 13:02, (Eject) wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-03-08 11:46, Pantheon wrote:
That screen shows whilst the server is loading and players are loading. Now that our asset loading and caching is VASTLY improved, that screen doesn't show up as often.

In that case I want that screen back I want to know how well I did..

I'd have to agree, it's nice to be able to see a results screen, you had to manually close it anyway so it's not like it got in the way.

Alzek15
Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-09 06:29   
I think it was a great idea for the -10 weap damage. Now i can actually use tactics on icc and luth wont just insta- steamroll ppl now

Email Alzek15
Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-09 07:34   
Quote:

On 2012-03-08 12:37, Junior Dev Punching Bag Fattierob wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-03-08 11:58, Yellyphish wrote:
After some time of playing this new version, I'm beginning to think that the -10% weap damage was a mistake.

It would be more helpful if you explain why. Otherwise your post isn't very constructive

Sorry.

Basically, I feel it takes waaaay too long to do damage with cannons(unless you have 3-4 people spamming them, even then). Torps and beams are fine with the nerf, however cannons just don't do enough damage to make cruiser and under cannon ships worthwhile.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-03-09 08:14   
think of it this way yellyphish

earlier, cannons were responsible for a lot of damage dealt to enemy ships. where beams and torps are limited in their accuracy and usage cannons were multipurpose

cannons and torps suffer 10% dmg loss. gauss cannons are now vastly faster. what now?

cannons are brought more in line with the recently enhanced beam damage and energy use pattern. for being so accurate (esp gauss), cannons were penalised. just a bit.

torps already had a bonus to damage, which is reverted now. thing was, new layouts of torp-based ships have many many torps which deal lots of dmg. nerf seeks to reduce torp dmg to what it was before 1.67.

fighters and missiles werent nerfed. go use your factions supercarrier.

also note, falloff wasnt reduced. this makes ugto and kluth cannonships weaker at ranges than icc ships.

and overall, survivability against GUNS was increased, as opposed to survivability against GUNS&LASERS

good luck. it rocks out here.

Krueitoen
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-09 08:26   
While im looking to navigation screen when i try to look at a planet in another server client stops responding or gives the response too late(im not patient enough to try that). and is ordering AI cancelled purposedly or theres a problem?
[ This Message was edited by: Krueitoen on 2012-03-09 08:27 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-03-09 10:53   
Speaking of Gauss, it's still not really worth using them because the high energy cost means you have to fly around 2/3 speed use them without running out of power, this kinda defeats the purpose of using them against smaller ships. Their damage was always low, but with the global 10% damage reduction combined with the previous 10% ICC damage reduction not being rescinded for Gauss (at least it hadn't been last time I asked) it's like I was afraid of, the speed increase doesn't make up for the further lowered damage. Rails are still more effective all around.

(Eject)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-09 19:05   
Right now in scenario you will get a map without stars, looks really black and it's very annoying. TY

[ This Message was edited by: (Eject) on 2012-03-09 19:06 ]

Goto the website of (Eject)
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-03-09 19:50   
Quote:

On 2012-03-09 19:05, (Eject) wrote:
Right now in scenario you will get a map without stars, looks really black and it's very annoying. TY

"Right now" doesn't help us at all.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-09 20:29   
just some things i noticed, and may have been already stated;

1. no timer for ooc mode. I know it was taken out because it looked bleh, but i would like some indication of how long i have left befor im ooc. Im sure this makes far more since for kluth.

2. -10% firepower means most icc ships just dont have enough ammo stores to deal with one target, let alone more than one. Not a huge issue... but there's your ICC drawback gents (for those who say there are none).

3. I could ping kluth every now and again. I dont know if it was because they turned on ecm at the same time i turned on eccm or what... Happen about 10% of the time.

4. I had forgotten about new beam targeting animations. They are really awsome. Way better than the vinilla aim at center of target ones.

5. New ooc defense mode, coupled with +5% reactive shield regen, and 5% active HP makes the once "for aces only" Boarder cruiser a viable and, if i may say so myself, prefered choice for noob pilots wishing to feel the spirit of ICC poured all into one ship. Get with a FTL officer if your a dedicated ICC pilot, and we will help you outfit your BC for optimal output and defense.
Rob, before you "tweek" shields, you may want to try a FTL-FFS mod BC... its... godly.

I cant speak to the balance of the game thus far, as we did not face any equal opposition. Maby that will change in the comming days.

*on another note, i keep getting randomly disconected from server, but the only way i know i am, is i keep getting the login info "yellow wall of text". Any one else getting this? I dont want to play the "its not my end" card... but really i play BF3 and SWTOR all the time with no issue at all.
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*CO* on 2012-03-09 20:31 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-09 20:31   
Quote:

On 2012-03-09 20:29, Defiance*CO* wrote:
Rob, before you "tweek" shields, you may want to try a FTL-FFS mod BC... its... godly.

You could just tell me and i'll try it out

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-09 20:34   
Quote:

On 2011-07-30 11:44, Defiance*CO* wrote:

FTL Border Cruiser fleet flag ship;
All rail guns
All chemical beams
Outer layer of Active Shields
Inner Layer of Reactive Shields
EcCM
1x Color Trail
3x ADV Engine Tuner
4x ADV Weapons Multipliers

All rail gun setup on this ship maximizes its energy, speed, and stealth capabilities.

All chemical beams ensures you have some bite for taking on smaller ships than you at close range. Run these in PD off mode to ensure you don’t waste any energy or blow your cover under ecm. Any missiles fired at you can be dealt with using pulse shield, maneuverability, or ecm.

Changing the outer layer of shields to active will ensure you can tank some damage from alpha strikes of assault class ships and live to tell about it.

Reading your gadget list like a paragraph (top left to bottom right) your first shield gadget you come across is on the inside. Next one is on the outside. Next is inside. The pattern repeats itself for the remaining shields as well.
If your having trouble following the pattern, there is a second method. When you spawn a new BC, have a friend fire one beam at each of your arcs one at a time. When you see a shield take damage in your gadget list, select it and turn it off using the yellow arrow buttons located in the bottom right of your screen.
Once these steps have been repeated for each arc, you should have 4 shield generators turned off. Replace these with active. Be sure to have a friend help you check your work. A reactive shield on the outside of one of your arcs is a fatal flaw.

Next select each active shield and push shift 8 (numbers at top of keyboard). This assigns the number 8 to manage all of your active shields. Regular number pad shield rotation will still work the same.

Select each reactive shield generator and push shift 9 (numbers at top of keyboard). This assigns the number 8 to manage all of your reactive shields. Regular number pad shield rotation will still work the same.

Now that you have your shields set up like this there are a number of really awesome things you can do!

Shift 8 will now switch the state of your active shields.

8 will evenly distribute shield energy from your reactive shields into your active!

Shift 9 will now switch the state of your reactive shields.

9…. Yea don’t ever distribute energy evenly to reactive….

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*CO* on 2012-03-09 20:39 ]

a bit old and out of date this version.. but the gadget list, key bindings, and enhancements apply.

Krueitoen
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-09 23:17   
Auto planet managaement focuses on keeping defense bases active and as a result, after a planet loses it's population it cant increase because of no food and power. This causes auto revolts in some cases. But makes planets really diffucult to maintain, sometimes.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-10 01:57   
Is there any plan to shorten fighter range? Its current range is farther than 5000gu. You can attack a ship orbit your planet even when it doesn't see you on its scanner. It's awkward!

And perhaps the incoming WH should be closer to the station. The station speed reduced nearly as half as it was but the incoming WH location is still as far as before. Or the WH span should last longer. I prefer a closer incoming WH since it's more helpful when you're in combat.
Quote:
On 2012-03-09 23:17, Krueitoen wrote:
Auto planet managaement focuses on keeping defense bases active and as a result, after a planet loses it's population it cant increase because of no food and power. This causes auto revolts in some cases. But makes planets really diffucult to maintain, sometimes.

I have said this issue multiple times. And it's verified by more and more players.

Yesterday, my study case on planet recovery has been enriched by observing enemy bombing.

On a planet with biosphere, there is no chance for it to recover when there is any structure that requires more than 2 workers. In any construction, the planet will have at least 10 pop thanks to the colony base (unless you delete it). Assuming a planet has currently 10 workers and 1 biosphere. It asigns 2 workers in 10 workers to the biosphere and it has more than 2-workers-structure that is pausing. Now planet food is 40 and its pop growns. At 11 worker, planet can assign worker to offense I, which requires 3 workers. Then it immediately takes 2 workers from the biosphere to function the def base due to its stupidity. As a result, the food drops back to 10 and the pop decreases back to 10. The sequence repeats and you can't fix it without losing prestige, yet enduring its yellow alarming every minute. Solution would be set priority to critical structures such as dome, farm & power.

Though, I want to remind of the technology. Assuming you want to upgrade biosphere to automated in an effort to acquire a brighter chance (farm I still requires 1 worker). But how can you do that when the tech is under 20? This is headache. At under 10 pop, there is no way you get 20 tech on a full planet. What can you do now? Scrapping infantry? It's alone will not be perfect. Cause you can't guarantee the new pop bornt from the infantry will work in the lab & power. I notice power because under catastrophic addition even automated farm is inactive because it lacks power to maintain. So you must scrapping the useless structures. Too painful. The solution is when someone going to bomb the planet, he/she ought to sweep it clean of non-critical structures via bomb or razing infantry. The bomber must be aware of this solution, if he/she intends to use the planet after capture.
Quote:
Structures are now linearly efficient if the tech level drops lower then what they require.

The pros and cons of this feature can be authenticated by researching on Galaxis & Skyline in R33 constellation. Their construction were twin with 2 biosphere and several hydrid I. Luth had bombed Galaxis an hour before ICC bombed Skyline 12 hours ago. Both Galaxis & Skyline pop dropped under 10 as I observed the whole progress. K'Luth didn't capture Galaxis but ICC succeded with Skyline. When I'm writting this feedback, I check again: Galaxis and Skyline. I am surprised to see Skyline has 70 pop. I enter game and discover the reason. Both planets still have 2 biosphere. But during the capturing, I bet ICC scrapped all the non-critical structures since Skyline and Galaxis were twin and construction on Galaxis hasn't been changed after bombed. Well actually I myself had modified Skyline & Galaxis a bit before they were bombed, however they were still able to considered twin. What I want to point out here, is that 12 hours after bombed, the un-touch planet is half dead, while the scrapping planet recovers with someone exchanged the suffering to himself.

In general, setting a priority to dome, farm & power isn't completely solve the problem thoroughly. The key for dealing with compromised planet is a quick revolt. So just scrap all the biosphere/automated and colony and watch the planet revolt. Then spend time clearing it with bombs & razing infantry and recapture. It presents you lots of prestige.

The whole sequence that I mentionen above is not but violating the RoC. But in facts, I have no other solution to babysit the planet when it's heavily bombed without losing prestige to scrap something. I hope the dev team may research this issue further.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2012-03-10 02:26 ]

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-10 03:24   
after a planet is bombed to lose its technology, the interdictor base will not deactivate. i've orbited a planet with 30 technology left yet the dictor stayed active.

It seems a structure doesnt fully deactivate now with tech shortage, it just functions less efficient. with 50 tech for instance a mantle extractor still mines 9, or a defense base still has 1% pd. great implementation!

maybe the dictor range was just reduced by the 30 tech, but it stil seemed 600 gu or so. 'i think the dictor range should decrease more when the technology left at the planet is only 30. like 300 gu for 30 tech, up to 700 gu for 60 tech, full range for 70 tech.

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-10 04:07   
at 19:34:00 server time in saggitarius at haven in my SBC, i just jumped in, hit o to orbit haven. the cruiser steers to the planet and crashes into it.

edit: i manually jumped 150 gu near the planet while moving pretty fast. might have been top speed
[ This Message was edited by: The Maniac on 2012-03-10 04:07 ]

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024169 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR