- Towel Day
05/25/24 +6.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Hellaciouss
15th - phoenixfyre
13th - Rain of Fire [O-XII]

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Reload Drones
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author Reload Drones
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-09 20:16   
Quote:

On 2011-07-09 19:51, iwancoppa wrote:
Will stations be able to self-repair with the AOE repairer? If not, then stations are now useless :S

BTW supply stations still have 2 normal Repair drones along with the AOE rep field so its not like thay are loseing all of thare previous capability.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-09 22:13   
This Idea sucks as it develops, i under stand ships need to be repaired but why not just give all ships a self repair ability and use planet depots with AOE repair and support ships for ammo.

this new system just makes outta combat repair take longer and in combat ammo and repair basically non existent. I would much rather see Chemical beams and Disruptors, as well as all cannons and core weapons that would make the game more strategic while making support ships more useful.

as i have said many times this game is getting less fun and more of a burden to play.

Email µOmniVore
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2011-07-09 22:51   
Quote:

On 2011-07-09 22:13, µOmniVore wrote:
This Idea sucks as it develops, i under stand ships need to be repaired but why not just give all ships a self repair ability and use planet depots with AOE repair and support ships for ammo.

this new system just makes outta combat repair take longer and in combat ammo and repair basically non existent. I would much rather see Chemical beams and Disruptors, as well as all cannons and core weapons that would make the game more strategic while making support ships more useful.

as i have said many times this game is getting less fun and more of a burden to play.

I was about to lay into you, but then I realized it was you Vore.

Combat supplies are now a must for all factions so they can stay resupplied on ammo, and keeping stations alive while they try and get back to a safe area.

Yeah, I guess having to use tactics and strategy isn't fun for some people.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-10 00:07   
omni, how bout some evidence to back up your claims?

Im having a hard time seeing your POV. Please, more.

My own personal thoughts on the matter are that things are going back to the way they were a year ago. Its not the end of the world, and most noobs are accepting this. Immortal God fleets are a thing soon to be long behind us, and the sooner the better. Slower rep times makes victory on the battlefield more of an acomplishment. Killing off a ship, ensures it wont be back for atleast 30 minutes. The player could just spawn another, but will soon find himself out of ships to fly. The hardest hit ships from this are capital ships.

As for the AOE reps on a station, I was one of the people in the lobby that said "yes" when pantheon brought it up. While i dont see the good of it, i also dont see it as being game breaking either. I thought of it as a prototype of effect fields they plan to introduce for command type ships.

Now, as this is mounted only on Stations, We all have many many many many many tools to deal with stations in 1.67. (ok so kluth has 3).

Overall, id say the 1 biggest flaw of 1.67 is not reloads. Its the fact that UGTO and ICC are being encouraged not to fly dreads and stations because each race has anti dread station weapons. However, kluth are encouraged to fly dreadnaughts becaouse there are not real counters to them. (aside form having a fleet) While i do find this as a flaw, I dont really have any useful suggestions to help it. So, Humans practice your kluth hunting skills. Kluth will become the single most powerful threat in 1.67. Not being able to repair your stations or dreads is going to be the least of your worries.

Hold on to your hats, were going back to

Kluth > ICC >UGTO > Kluth

instead of this crap we have now;

UGTO > ICC

UGTO > Kluth

ICC Kluth and still < UGTO

then Kluth eats ICC,

ICC retaliates

Kluth ICC fight, and UGTO uncontested, take what they want.

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2011-07-10 00:14 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-10 04:56   
Quote:
On 2011-07-06 22:17, Drafell wrote:
The formula for this is: base constant * ( hull level / 2 )

Quote:
On 2011-07-09 12:36, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
It simply means that if there are 2 ships that need reps, in the AoE, then they will take turns within a given time frame/cycle to get repaired.

Quote:
On 2011-07-09 16:31, Pantheon wrote:
The more players in the AOE field, the longer it takes for the repairs to complete.

I come up with this diagram.

Theory:
A station repairs 3 ships in order: frigate, destroyer, cruiser.
Hull level of Frigate, Destroyer, Cruiser is 3, 4, 5 respectively.
Station base is constantly 1000. Each second, the target restore 1000 * ( hull level / 2 ) HP.
Starting at 0 HP; Frigate, Destroyer, Cruiser will be respectively full at 7200, 25000, 48600.
There are some hidden ranges in this diagram. The picture of 0:01-0:03 repeats 3 times from 0:04 to 0:012. You can guess the rest.

Is the diagram correct?
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-07-10 06:38 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-10 08:14   
no

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-07-10 08:14   
Quote:

On 2011-07-10 04:56, chlorophyll wrote:

Hull level has absolutely ZERO effect on repair speed. It's a set amount.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-10 09:19   
Doesn't a set hull repair rate by extension, also apply to armor too?

-Ent

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-07-10 10:19   
Correct. Targeted reload devices have level modifiers, but the AOE devices do not.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-10 11:28   
Quote:

On 2011-07-09 22:13, µOmniVore wrote:

Goodbye.

Have fun with StreetFighter

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-10 17:44   
Quote:

On 2011-07-10 11:28, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Goodbye.

What i meant by that was the resource wars are gone (some say YAY i say nay)

The larger MV map is gone Yes you can go to other maps but it was alot funner when you could just bypass jump gates and suprise enemies who were camping gates.

Now with this Repair revamp i feel as if this game is headed in the wrong direction simiply because fixing a ship should not be a burden on the player with a damaged ship, Now i agree planets need AOE repair cause their planets and should be able to repair alot of ships, but mobile stations are not planets with unlimited resources.

I would suggest getting rid of the support station and go for a larger utility class of ship that has enough firepower to give players incentive to use it. With stations getting another speed drop(another silly idea imo) and low level support ships not having he defenses to survive more than a few hits something larger should surely fill this void. Why, because you need a larger support ship that can draw the fire off of a damaged ally while repairing them to a point that allows them to retreat.

Also with my eariler post i suggested that all weapons get ammo limits, it only makes sense would also force ships to remain grouped with support ships when attacking.

My chief complaint with this is increased repair times, i know ships are not repaired instantly nor am i suggesting that just 8-15mins for a ship to be reapaired in a GAME is kinda torture.

Email µOmniVore
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-07-10 17:48   
You've got other ships to use if you're worried it's going to take that long. That said, I don't envision repairs taking longer than 5 minutes.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-10 19:23   
Jack, Perhaps you could explain why you think AOE relodes on a station is a good idea?

Im really having trouble seeing the benifit.

I also dont see a drawback, or game breaking mechanics like some suggest.

Please. Your perspective?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-11 00:21   
Quote:

On 2011-07-10 17:44, µOmniVore wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-07-10 11:28, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Goodbye.

What i meant by that was the resource wars are gone (some say YAY i say nay)

The larger MV map is gone Yes you can go to other maps but it was alot funner when you could just bypass jump gates and suprise enemies who were camping gates.

Now with this Repair revamp i feel as if this game is headed in the wrong direction simiply because fixing a ship should not be a burden on the player with a damaged ship, Now i agree planets need AOE repair cause their planets and should be able to repair alot of ships, but mobile stations are not planets with unlimited resources.

I would suggest getting rid of the support station and go for a larger utility class of ship that has enough firepower to give players incentive to use it. With stations getting another speed drop(another silly idea imo) and low level support ships not having he defenses to survive more than a few hits something larger should surely fill this void. Why, because you need a larger support ship that can draw the fire off of a damaged ally while repairing them to a point that allows them to retreat.

Also with my eariler post i suggested that all weapons get ammo limits, it only makes sense would also force ships to remain grouped with support ships when attacking.

My chief complaint with this is increased repair times, i know ships are not repaired instantly nor am i suggesting that just 8-15mins for a ship to be reapaired in a GAME is kinda torture.

You do realize that depots and station repairs were altered to address the issue of unrealistically fast rep rates when they're spammed, right?

Fortunately or unfortunately, that's the side effect of the fix.

Anyway, repairs are supposed to take longer to effect than damage. If you can simply rep as fast as you take damage, you completely lose the tactical element in the game. There must be some kinda penalty for losing your ship if you throw it away recklessly, or if you just plain suck, or if the enemy has executed something brilliant that kicks the crap out of your ass.

If you lose a ship and want to get back into the fight fast, then go grab another ship in your garage, or spawn something new. In the meantime... your ship is being repaired!! Kapiche?

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-07-11 01:05   
Quote:
Kluth will become the single most powerful threat in 1.67. Not being able to repair your stations or dreads is going to be the least of your worries.

thats not a good thing, balance will be skewed heavily

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018000 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR